The worst congress ever.....

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
telephoto lens

Post by telephoto lens »

If anyone has any doubt about the current batch of scoundrels in Washington, please read the following Rolling Stone article:

It is a long article which will alternatively make you laugh and shake your head because of the corruption, incompetitance, greed and un-democratic behavior of the United States Congress. :eek:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

telephoto lens wrote: If anyone has any doubt about the current batch of scoundrels in Washington, please read the following Rolling Stone article:

It is a long article which will alternatively make you laugh and shake your head because of the corruption, incompetitance, greed and un-democratic behavior of the United States Congress. :eek:You can't post links until you have something like 15 posts. If you want to send me a private message, I'll post the link for you.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I say Love your country - don't trust the government..

Patsy
telephoto lens

Post by telephoto lens »

telephoto lens wrote: If anyone has any doubt about the current batch of scoundrels in Washington, please read the following Rolling Stone article:

It is a long article which will alternatively make you laugh and shake your head because of the corruption, incompetitance, greed and un-democratic behavior of the United States Congress. :eek:

Here is the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/st ... gress_ever
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

It's funny but way overdone..I agree they thought they could get away with more becuase they control both houses. The press is watching so closley now a days they just get caught more than in the past. No better no worse IMO..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
gmc

Post by gmc »

zinkyusa wrote: It's funny but way overdone. I agree they thought they could get away with more becuase they control both houses. The press is watching so closley now a days they just get caught more than in the past. No better no worse IMO..

I thought rolling stone was just a music magazine. As you can imagine I don't read many US papers-actually none at all. Do the others talk about congress in the same way? just curious. I don't see much US TV news either just cbc on cable occasionallly or cnn and they seem rather lightweight and nice to politicians and toe the party line as it were.

Our parliament can stop TB dead if they choose to do so, He can't remain prime minister without the consent of parliament, They don't spineless bunch of morons. They've all been to the same body language consultant si it's a bit like watching a bunch of marionettes.

I think we need a smiley for depressed.
telephoto lens

Post by telephoto lens »

gmc wrote: I thought rolling stone was just a music magazine. As you can imagine I don't read many US papers-actually none at all. Do the others talk about congress in the same way? just curious. I don't see much US TV news either just cbc on cable occasionallly or cnn and they seem rather lightweight and nice to politicians and toe the party line as it were.

Our parliament can stop TB dead if they choose to do so, He can't remain prime minister without the consent of parliament, They don't spineless bunch of morons. They've all been to the same body language consultant si it's a bit like watching a bunch of marionettes.

I think we need a smiley for depressed.

Though Rolling Stone is a music magazine they often publish serious articles that are written with much irony and comedic imput. As for reading US papers, well, your not missing much. I have found better criticism and commetary on the internet and the best example is the coverage of the pre-war buildup to the fiasco known as Operation Iraqi Freedom. While the mainstream press war debating when and where an attack on missle-wielding Iraqi dictator Saddam H. would take place, the alternative press doubted and proved the Niger documents were fake; the British academic paper was questionable at best and there were no WMDs in Iraq. Occassionally there is an article that does have serious content and, in this case, it is Rolling Stone. Also, one of the most prominent articles RS has published in the past was about AIDS so this is not a first time. The good news is the mainstream media (besides RS) is starting to be more critical of the current regime and I hope whoever takes reigns of the american government the criticism continues. Currently the best political critic on american television is Keith Olbermann:

As for your smiley, I will give you one in the form of an american political comedy website.

Here is the link: http://www.whitehouse.org/

Smile!!:)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I guess he's an acquired taste.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”