Think hard who you will vote for in 08!

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
cars

Post by cars »

A friend just emailed me this little gem, for what it worth! Opinions?

Subject: Barack Hussein Obama

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii.

Then Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia. When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, “He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.”

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education. Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Osama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a Christian when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama’s expected presidential candidacy.

Cars :)
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Who will you vote for in '08?

Not this clown. I'd sooner vote for a houseplant.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah: Stoppit, BabyRider :wah:

No I agree. I hate to pin the guy for being Muslim but this isn't the time for a Muslim to be president, especially one named after Hussein. :thinking:

But more than that, I fault a person who appears to change his religion just to favor his election. That's just wrong.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Is it just me or is OBAMA, just to close to OSAMA??? I didn't even read it all!...houseplant has my vote!!
cars

Post by cars »

RedGlitter;521323 wrote: :wah: Stoppit, BabyRider :wah:

No I agree. I hate to pin the guy for being Muslim but this isn't the time for a Muslim to be president, especially one named after Hussein. :thinking:

But more than that, I fault a person who appears to change his religion just to favor his election. That's just wrong.

Also a person who changes their home state, to become a senator from powerful NY!!!:wah:
spot

Post by spot »

One wonders rather how he managed to talk any element of the Republican Party into supporting his aspirations, given such a low, traitorous and despicable personal history.

Isn't that terrorist hotbed of anti-American sentiment, the Royal House of Saud, associated in some way with Wahhabism?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

I don't know anything about his politics so it's hard for me to say who I'd vote for.

If I learned more and agreed with him then yes I would vote for him. But that goes for anyone who ran.

He seems like a good person.

Where did the author of this e-mail get his information?

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education. Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Osama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

They try to make him seem like a liar in this pargraph. So his biological Father didn't introduce him to Islam.

According to this his Step-Father did.

A step-father is still a father right?

:)
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

cars;521327 wrote: Also a person who changes their home state, to become a senator from powerful NY!!!:wah:

Point well taken!!
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

cars;521327 wrote: Also a person who changes their home state, to become a senator from powerful NY!!!:wah:

HA! now that's funny

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

spot;521328 wrote: One wonders rather how he managed to talk any element of the Republican Party into supporting his aspirations, given such a low, traitorous and despicable personal history.

Isn't that terrorist hotbed of anti-American sentiment, the Royal House of Saud, associated in some way with Wahhabism?

how is he traitorous? or despicable? he was a kid when his mom and stepp-dad took him out of the country. they put him in school. once he was all grown up, he cam back to the states. he didn't stay over there and become an extremist.

It is unfortunate that "muslim" has become a dirty word. Not all that long ago "Jew" was a bad word.

spot

Post by spot »

Wolverine;521354 wrote: how is he traitorous? or despicable? he was a kid when his mom and stepp-dad took him out of the country. they put him in school. once he was all grown up, he cam back to the states. he didn't stay over there and become an extremist.

It is unfortunate that "muslim" has become a dirty word. Not all that long ago "Jew" was a bad word.

He was out of the USA from the age of six and returned when he was ten.

Sarcasm seems to be an entirely unknown art in the USA.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Gang, run stuff through Snopes sometimes. 'Kay?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

spot;521359 wrote: He was out of the USA from the age of six and returned when he was ten.

Sarcasm seems to be an entirely unknown art in the USA.

oh, sarcasm. yeah, i only recently learned how to detect that. finally got it off

lay-away.

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Fascinating, isn't it? The writers of this piece of trash have painted him with a black Muslim father and a white atheist mother, thus appealing to bigots of all stripes!

Thanks for pointing out the lies, Val...I'd've done it if you hadn't. This garbage is just another piece of slander created by desperate people who are trying to hang on to whatever scrap of power they think they've got.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

I always vote for George Carlin,but i think this year I might with Hillery Clinton(I know,I know I spelt it wrong)

There seems not too be any other choice and i think she can lay down some bad a$$ bitch Carma.

If anyone has a better idea,lets hear it.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

JMHO, but wasting your vote on George Carlin seems a shame.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Shweet tatersalad

Lulu2;521486 wrote: JMHO, but wasting your vote on George Carlin seems a shame.

Not To Me
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Guess I take that more seriously than you do...my father died in a war to ensure we all have the right to vote. Or not. Which is the choice you've made. I'm not criticizing you...just commenting.
Shweet tatersalad

Lulu2;521494 wrote: Guess I take that more seriously than you do...my father died in a war to ensure we all have the right to vote. Or not. Which is the choice you've made. I'm not criticizing you...just commenting.

Your Father was a honorable man.He died for ALL americans.

But it has been proven time and time agian,one person can't change the world.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

And what would happen if we all believed as you do? That one vote doesn't matter?
Shweet tatersalad

Lulu2;521513 wrote: And what would happen if we all believed as you do? That one vote doesn't matter?

We would learn too take care of ourselves and not depend on some politician who never had too want for anything.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I very trouble about 2008 and who to vote for I'm giving it a lot of thought and hope to have a decision soon. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Carla, I'm intrigued to actually have some candidates to consider!
valerie

Post by valerie »

I think maybe just MAYBE Obama might get on as vice prez on a ticket.

But it's my feeling that he and Hillary will "cancel each other out" so to

speak. I'm thinking that might give Edwards a chance to pull forward.

I don't think the US is ready for either a bi-racial prez OR a woman.

Of course I could be wrong, but there ya go.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

valerie;521576 wrote: I think maybe just MAYBE Obama might get on as vice prez on a ticket.

But it's my feeling that he and Hillary will "cancel each other out" so to

speak. I'm thinking that might give Edwards a chance to pull forward.

I don't think the US is ready for either a bi-racial prez OR a woman.

Of course I could be wrong, but there ya go.

It's going to be an exciting year politically as we look toward 2008. I have become a presidential election junkie and love reading and listening and watching all the candidates as they stake their claims.

Anyone here like Joe Biden? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I think you should vote for the Islam guy, just to freak the Iranians out for a start! Oh that would be funny, I mean I know its serious and all that though.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;521460 wrote: i think he's a democrat

That seems a careless decision on his part then, if it's true. If he were selected at the primaries to run as the Republican candidate, having served that party effectively in the Senate beforehand, he might expect to pick up enough votes in the main election from a proportion of voters with pro-Democrat tendencies to tip the scales. Doing it the other way round, which you say he's doing, might be more of a struggle.

It's just as well Keith Ellison of Minnesota isn't hoping to run given the general feel of this thread so far. He really is a Muslim. I'm not sure what strange meaning of the word qualifies Barack Obama as one, now or ever.
spot

Post by spot »

cherandbuster;521899 wrote: Anyone here like Joe Biden? :-6Isn't he a lawyer, Joe Biden? Scary thought, that, a President who knew how the law works, you're meant to elect actors or unprofitable scions of the ruling elite to front your administrations these days. God help the profiteers if a competent uncompromised president ever took office. Besides, remember what the fringe element of the US Intelligence community invariably does to Roman Catholic incumbents. We'd not want to see that again.
spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;522045 wrote: I don't think you understood me. He is a democratic senator from the great state of Illinois:DI'm not very good at trying to put a point with subtlety, am I. I do try sometimes but it never works. Yes, he's a Democrat. I was trying to raise a belly-laugh from everyone else in the thread at the mere possibility that the Republicans could ever have selected a candidate for any public office who had Barack Obama's history.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Think Hard - Who would you vote for:

Choices:

McCain

Hilary

Rudy

Obama

Edwards

None of the above?

Patsy
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Patsy Warnick;557813 wrote: Think Hard - Who would you vote for:

Choices:

McCain

Hilary

Rudy

Obama

Edwards

None of the above?

Patsy
With those choices, Rudy for sure, if not him, I 'd vote for Edwards. NEVER McCain or Hillary.
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I suggest you all read his book. I am half way through it right now. Its called Dreams From My Father. The only reason he went to the school he attended in INdonesia is because she wanted the best possible education for him and INdonesia was farther behind compared to the USA. In addition to attending the Catholic and Muslim schools, he was also enrolled in an American Correspondence course and when he finished that his mother sent him back to Hawaii to live with her parents so he could get a good education. She was very adimant he get the best education ever. His father attended Harvard, where he received a PHD. His father went back to Kenya to help set up a governement for his tribe. THe only reason he came to the states was to get a good education and help his home country. He never planned to stay here, he didnt run off. The book is great, and you can learn alot about a person reading their memoirs. Ive read Hilary's and I plan to read John McCain's as well. But so far, I love Obama and think he is the best man for the job. He never practiced as amuslim growing up. IN fact, he hardly attended church at all. He DID NOT change his religion just for political office. Now that I have informed the misinformed, carry on...

HBIC
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Patsy Warnick;557813 wrote: Think Hard - Who would you vote for:

Choices:

McCain

Hilary

Rudy

Obama

Edwards

None of the above?

Patsy
None of the Above!! ( but maybe McCain if I had to)

I wish Condi would run!!!
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

Joh Edwards is pretty hot.

HBIC
cars

Post by cars »

DesignerGal;557877 wrote: Joh Edwards is pretty hot.
So was JFK, & look what that got him! :wah:
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

cars;557882 wrote: So was JFK, & look what that got him! :wah:

ooooooooooh!

HBIC
cars

Post by cars »

Hillary!??? It was mentioned that this stamp had to be returned to PO, cause it kept falling off the envelopes. After investigation, it was found that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp! :D :p :wah: :rolleyes:

Attached files
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

cars;557887 wrote: Hillary!??? It was mentioned that this stamp had to be returned to PO, cause it kept falling off the envelopes. After investigation, it was found that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp! :D :p ::

You're naughty!!!!:D

HBIC
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

cars;557887 wrote: Hillary!??? It was mentioned that this stamp had to be returned to PO, cause it kept falling off the envelopes. After investigation, it was found that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp!

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

cars;557887 wrote: Hillary!??? It was mentioned that this stamp had to be returned to PO, cause it kept falling off the envelopes. After investigation, it was found that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp! :D

Brilliant! :wah:
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

McCain wants to over turn Roe V Wade - he's out..

Patsy
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Hillary??? It was mentioned that this stamp had to be returned to PO, cause it kept falling off the envelopes. After investigation, it was found that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp!

In a related story, it seems that the Monica Lewinsky stamp sticks like crazy.

Why is that, I wonder ... ??:confused:
spot

Post by spot »

The potential candidates mentioned in this thread are all Democrats, I think. That probably reduces the proportion of American FG members who can choose between them at a ballot to a minority.

From my limited understanding of the US Presidential selection process, no citizen of the US is allowed to vote in more than one Presidential primary election. Either they have to be registered with a party to vote in either the Democrat or Republican primary, or in some States they can be unaffiliated but still vote in a primary of their own choosing. Some questions arise.

Do intending voters register as Independent before selecting a primary in which to vote, if they have no party affiliation?

Do voters register with the electoral authority was well as with a party in order to vote both in the primary of their choice as well as the Presidential election itself, or is a single registration sufficient?

Without wishing to pry into voting intention, which Americans here are registered with a party? Has anyone here registered with one party but voted for the opposing candidate in the Presidential election itself?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

We can register without claming an affiliation, thank God. Some states won't let you vote in a party primary unless you are a member of that party. Others will. Primaries thin the herd for the general election, so most people - make that voters - vote twice in an election year, with a single registration.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DesignerGal;557875 wrote: I suggest you all read his book. I am half way through it right now. Its called Dreams From My Father. The only reason he went to the school he attended in INdonesia is because she wanted the best possible education for him and INdonesia was farther behind compared to the USA. In addition to attending the Catholic and Muslim schools, he was also enrolled in an American Correspondence course and when he finished that his mother sent him back to Hawaii to live with her parents so he could get a good education. She was very adimant he get the best education ever. His father attended Harvard, where he received a PHD. His father went back to Kenya to help set up a governement for his tribe. THe only reason he came to the states was to get a good education and help his home country. He never planned to stay here, he didnt run off. The book is great, and you can learn alot about a person reading their memoirs. Ive read Hilary's and I plan to read John McCain's as well. But so far, I love Obama and think he is the best man for the job. He never practiced as amuslim growing up. IN fact, he hardly attended church at all. He DID NOT change his religion just for political office. Now that I have informed the misinformed, carry on...
I hope you read this and the other books with a good dose of dramamine to counteract the spin. Give me a biography written by a historian rather than an autobiography by a politician, then I might give it some credence.
spot

Post by spot »

Goodness, hasn't Senator Obama come a long way in two years. It's quite encouraging.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”