McCain's Bizzare Announcement

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Arizona Republican Senator John McCain announced on the 'Late Show with David Letterman' that he would run for president.

How bizarre can it get? McCain wants to be given serious consideration for the Presidency of the United States of America and he announces it on a comedy show!!

Have we Amereicans gone totally nuts as a nation? Are we even in touch with reality? What does it tell us about ourselves when someone thinks it’s even close to appropriate to announce you are going to run for the most serious office in the world on a comedy show? :-5
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

Clint;564794 wrote: Arizona Republican Senator John McCain announced on the 'Late Show with David Letterman' that he would run for president.

How bizarre can it get? McCain wants to be given serious consideration for the Presidency of the United States of America and he announces it on a comedy show!!

Have we Amereicans gone totally nuts as a nation? Are we even in touch with reality? What does it tell us about ourselves when someone thinks it’s even close to appropriate to announce you are going to run for the most serious office in the world on a comedy show? :-5

It's a 'late night talk program'.:-3
Clint

Post by Clint »

RhondaLu;564806 wrote: It's a 'late night talk program'.:-3

Letterman is a famous comedian. He is famous for being a clown!
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

Clint;564814 wrote: Letterman is a famous comedian. He is famous for being a clown!

He hosts a "late night talk show"

Fox News, now that is hosted by clowns and is comedy as well.:p
Clint

Post by Clint »

RhondaLu;564836 wrote: He hosts a "late night talk show"

Fox News, now that is hosted by clowns and is comedy as well.:p

He didn't announce on Fox.
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

Clint;564846 wrote: He didn't announce on Fox.

He should have. LMAO

All kinds of political candidacy's to run for political office have been announced on "late night programs" Where have you been. Remember Steve Allen and Jack Parr shows.?....this is not new.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Diuretic;564847 wrote: But we're talking about it. It was replayed here and this is Australia. I know we don't vote but - hey the word got around!

That's what I'm talking about. How is it we do things in such a bizarre way and it works. Why isn't the office of the President taken more seriously? His announcement was probably sandwiched between jokes about Brittany Spears.
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

Clint;564856 wrote: That's what I'm talking about. How is it we do things in such a bizarre way and it works. Why isn't the office of the President taken more seriously? His announcement was probably sandwiched between jokes about Brittany Spears.

Geeze Louise, it's free air time.
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

I agree with Clint- I think that such a serious position in the US should be respected and not made public on a late night comedy show
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

Sweet Tooth;564872 wrote: I agree with Clint- I think that such a serious position in the US should be respected and not made public on a late night comedy show

They have been doing it since the inception of TV.

It is a "Late night Talk Show" it reaches thousands of people and it's free air time.

I think all candidates should equal money and airtime.
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

I think its disrespectful, IMO
Clint

Post by Clint »

Diuretic;564867 wrote: Point taken but if McCain becomes a serious contender for the Repubican nomination will it mattter where and how it was announced? Just thinking, as I said, your point is well made.

No, I don't think people will give it a second thought and that really concerns me. I'm probably alone on this one though.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Sweet Tooth;564889 wrote: I think its disrespectful, IMO

Whew! I'm not alone.:D
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

:p Sweet Tooth;564889 wrote: I think its disrespectful, IMO

How is it disrepectful?

Where is he suppose to announce it?

This is too funny!:wah:
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

RhondaLu;564939 wrote: :p

How is it disrepectful?

Where is he suppose to announce it?

This is too funny!:wah:
I think that he should announce on a credible source of TV! I don't know why this is funny?!?! And people call President Bush a joke!!:-5
Clint

Post by Clint »

The more I think about this the more I think I understand what really bothers me about it. Letterman has be nothing but disrespectful of the present President. His comments have been far from funny on that subject. Now McCain uses Letterman to announce he will seek the highest office in the land. It is a demonstration of McCain’s willingness to do anything for a vote and his apparent lack of respect for the office of President.
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I think you two need to lighten up a little bit.:wah:

HBIC
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Clint

Your not alone - It was very disrespectful to announce running for President on Letterman. It devalue the positon. The crowd didn't go crazy..

Patsy
RhondaLu

Post by RhondaLu »

DesignerGal;565220 wrote: I think you two need to lighten up a little bit.:wah:

:yh_giggle lol
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Patsy Warnick;565459 wrote: Clint

The crowd didn't go crazy..

Patsy

That's because he didn't slap on a pair of Raybans and start wailing the blues on a saxophone.

Ya gotta do these things right ! :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I guess I dont have a problem with govt. officials putting on a human face.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”