Kerry in 1971: 'Our Democracy is a Farce'

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

well, as much as i am not particularly fond of kerry myself, frankly i would give him the benefit of the 'youthful indiscretion' excuse. the early 1970's were incredibly tumultuous, and a LOT of people said a lot of things, as young people, that they may no longer believe in. i certainly did. on the other hand, i'm not asking to be commander in chief of the most powerful nation -and armed forces - that have ever existed. so whada i know. :D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
xlt66

Post by xlt66 »

anastrophe wrote: well, as much as i am not particularly fond of kerry myself, frankly i would give him the benefit of the 'youthful indiscretion' excuse. the early 1970's were incredibly tumultuous, and a LOT of people said a lot of things, as young people, that they may no longer believe in. i certainly did. on the other hand, i'm not asking to be commander in chief of the most powerful nation -and armed forces - that have ever existed. so whada i know. :D

He was double-talking then and he is double-talking now. Did you see the other articles about Kerry staging his combat scenes by going back after the fact and filming? He was obviously setting himself up for a career in politics.

They guy is calculating. He was preparing for a career in politics while he was in the Service. To say that his highly visible appearances and speeches in D.C. after he got back were the innocent ramblings of an un-informed youth is unacceptable to me.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”