unofficial poll...

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Accountable

unofficial poll...

Post by Accountable »

That you have more discretionary time than I do? :D
yaaarrrgg

unofficial poll...

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Jester;756084 wrote: I said, my name is________, I am a private citizen doing my own political poll of 1 question: Would you vote for a woman [running for] president?

I'd have to say 'no' ... it's a trick question!!! You can't vote for a woman president, since she was already elected. :)

Interesting poll though.
spot

unofficial poll...

Post by spot »

That's an interesting response Jester, and I'm pleased by the replies you both got. Why is it you can't call them all back and ask again replacing "woman" with the n-word though? Does that suggest women's lib is trailing behind civil rights?

It was a great notion, ringing round and asking. I'm impressed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
jpcme

unofficial poll...

Post by jpcme »

yaaarrrgg;756097 wrote: I'd have to say 'no' ... it's a trick question!!! You can't vote for a woman president, since she was already elected. :)

Interesting poll though.

Unless she is up for re-election.
grh

unofficial poll...

Post by grh »

rjwould;756206 wrote: ...... Also, I find it very interesting jester used the word "woman" rather than "female".

why?
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
grh

unofficial poll...

Post by grh »

rjwould;756389 wrote: It just is!!Not all females are and/or consider themselves women..

You make a great point here... there are in fact female fish, plant parts, lizards, etc.. so i suppose it's a good thing he was as specific as possible, eh:rolleyes:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
grh

unofficial poll...

Post by grh »

rjwould;756398 wrote: Good point! Also, not all gay females consider themselves women either, nor do all transsexuals. On the flip side there are males who do think of themselves as women.:)

Ah! more PC for our plates today. :rolleyes:Well, if there is ever a poll question about fish or plants or gays or transsexuals running for president I will be sure and ask for clarification.:wah:

rambo
yaaarrrgg

unofficial poll...

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I think the words "woman" and "female" do carry a different connotation ... both positive and negative... For example someone can use "woman" in many ways, such as "she has grown into a fine young woman" or "Iron my shirt, woman!" Female is a more nuetral term.

The interesting thing about polls, you can get different results just by rewording a question ... psychometrics is the study of this (IIRC). People will hear a word, and perceive all the connotations ... this can influence their reply.

One other thing that could skew the result, is to first ask if the person has time to answer one question, then ask the question the question secondly. Some of the hang ups could be an implied "no" ... :)

(Still, it's impressive that you are polling people) :)
yaaarrrgg

unofficial poll...

Post by yaaarrrgg »

rjwould;756415 wrote: That's what I thought..Thanks for the confirmation..

The Mac people are always marginalized ... :)
yaaarrrgg

unofficial poll...

Post by yaaarrrgg »

rj ... great story .. thank you for sharing.
grh

unofficial poll...

Post by grh »

yaaarrrgg;756419 wrote: The Mac people are always marginalized ... :)

I think that is only because they are considered marginally functional ..:p

rambo

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”