Super Tuesday Results..

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Sheryl

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Sheryl »

Here's what I see so far, source is Foxnews. (don't groan to loud rj)

McCain has gotten Illinois, Connecticut and N.J.

Romney has Massachusetts

Huckabee has Arkansas, W. Virginia, and Alabama

Obama has Illinios and Georgia

Clinton has Arkansas, Tennessee and Oklahoma

I was surprised to see Huckabee pick up so many, seemed that lately he had fallen from the spotlight.

If you see any more post them. :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Bryn Mawr

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Bryn Mawr »

The BBC has Clinton 49%, Obama 48% overall

Their results show as States won :-

Obama

Alabama

Alaska

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Georgia

Illinois

Kansas

Minnesota

N Dakota

Utah

Clinton

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New York

Oklahoma

Tennessee

Be interesting to see how accurate they are
spot

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by spot »

There's some things that are evident already. It's a bad night for the Latter Day Saints, for example.

I was hoping for a hung Republican convention so they'd have to bring in a compromise candidate to break the log jam and we could have had General Pace put forward. It's too long since the US outright voted for a lunatic in a uniform.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Galbally

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Galbally »

I think it's a really fascinating election, and it demonstrates American democracy working quite well actually, its a refreshing change from the last few elections, and also from our own depressing politics over here.

On the Republican side I think McCain is an interesting Candidate, he is certainly his own person anyway, which is always interesting and he seems to have views based on personal conviction rather than political expediency.

Mitt Romney seems like one of the those typical teethy, plastic all American type political guys, he is probably interesting to Americans, but he's exactly the kind of politican that bores us Euro types silly.

Hukabee seems like a nice fella, interesting in his views on foreign policy, but a bit nutty with all that religion stuff, and he is a creationist, so I hope he doesn't win, might end up the Vice President though, which is still a little worrying, but he's not all bad I suppose. I prefer guitar players to bass players though, but he can certainly play it a bit, so maybe himself and bill could set up a little duo, get Obama on the drums.

On the democrat side, well Hillary is interesting anyway and she certainly has very well laid out positions on a lot of the big issues, and a track record, but she seems like a tyypical washington insider, and I am not sure whether she would just end up being a bit like her Husband in office. Though that wouldn't be so bad compared to the last guy at all.

Obama is of course an inspiring kinda guy, he has a great way with words and is a good orator, of course the whole journey towards the possibility of having the first black US president is fantastic, but whether he has the policies and the substance to match up to what is going to be a very difficult time for the US, I don't know, but then the same can be said for all the candidates, they will all have to face the same issues, Iraq, a worsening US economy, and a big fat reality check about profligate use of oil and gas and a rapidly destabilizing world climate.

But at least its interesting, and it seems that America will certainly be undergoing a big change one way or another come November. :)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
double helix

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by double helix »

Galbally I think it's a really fascinating election, and it demonstrates American democracy working quite well actually, its a refreshing change from the last few elections, and also from our own depressing politics over here.

I agree! Facinating election. Obama took Alaska!:eek: And Hillary just barely pulled the lead in the Democratic camp. Ron Paul's campaingners really pushed him up here so I expected to see bigger numbers from Alaska there. McCain didn't do so well up here though he still maintains a lead in the Republican camp. I was shocked that Romney did so well this far north. What a rockem sockem race!

It could get violent before the election in November. Lets hope it doesn't turn out like Kenya.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080206/ts_ ... isis_un_dc
spot

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by spot »

Jester;772449 wrote: If (and Im not sure I fully beleive this) Huckabee is veiwed as an evanegelical and the whole United states wont elect another evangelical, then why do folks think Romney has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the full on election if he's nominated as the republican candidate? Isn't being mormon seen as an evangelical?By the average American on the street? (we need to update that expression to "the average American at the drive-by take-away")... there's a big difference in that evangelicals are thought to be Christians, while Mormons are merely seen to evangelize.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
drumbunny1

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by drumbunny1 »

I'm actually quite surprised that Clinton has come this far!!! Don't really like her...but I've got to give it to her! I figured there would be this big Hoopla at the start of the race, but that she'd eventually peter away...looks like I was wrong! She very well could be the next President!:eek:
Accountable

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Accountable »

Hopefully they'll eat each other alive & Ron Paul can be the phoenix.
Sheryl

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Sheryl »

This just in Time's reporting Romney to drop out this afternoon, possibly. :-3
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
YZGI

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by YZGI »

Jester;772667 wrote: Im still leaning Ron Paul in the big one in Nov. So dont count him out.
I'm with you on this Jester. I keep hearing about the ground swell support for Paul but it isn't converting to delegates.
Galbally

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Galbally »

Jester;772663 wrote: We just say 'take-out'. 'Drive by' seems to denote a shooting...

Im not sure the average christian would see mormons as evangelicals though. They dont hold the same doctrine as evangelicals.

I thought a "take out" was a shooting, like in Memphis Shake Down Part 7, you know that film about the acrobat clown hitman at the rodeo???

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Galbally »

Sheryl;772732 wrote: This just in Time's reporting Romney to drop out this afternoon, possibly. :-3

Yeah, I heard he has dropped out, so that was 60 million dollars well spent then, well at least he can take all that hair gel out now. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
AussiePam

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by AussiePam »

Jester;772663 wrote:

Im not sure the average christian would see mormons as evangelicals though.

With all respect, Jester, I don't think most Christians would view Mormons as Christian. If you define Christianity as those holding in common at very least the tenets of belief set out in the Apostles' Creed, Mormons are clearly outside this fold. So are Buddhists, Hindus, Scientologists, Muslims and lots of other possibly worthy religions. Which is not to say any of these other religions might not one day engender a US President at least at worthy as the current incumbent. Or not. Nothing in this post is to be interpreted as the views of the poster, past or present, in any way whatsoever, notwithstanding.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Accountable

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Accountable »

JAB;773043 wrote: Then why are some of her staffers going unpaid and why did she have to loan her own campaign $5M to keep up with the spending? :thinking:
As a demonstration of her superior budgeting skills, maybe?
Bryn Mawr

Super Tuesday Results..

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Jester;772849 wrote: Romney drop before Huckabee?

That dont make no sense!:-3

Isn't Romney paying for his own campaign?

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”