McCain music video spoof

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
yaaarrrgg

McCain music video spoof

Post by yaaarrrgg »

This is a funny parody of the Obama "Yes we can" music video ... :)

Accountable

McCain music video spoof

Post by Accountable »

The Viet Nam soldiers were raised by WWII vets. Today's soldiers were raised by people who had not experienced war.
yaaarrrgg

McCain music video spoof

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Accountable;775098 wrote: The Viet Nam soldiers were raised by WWII vets. Today's soldiers were raised by people who had not experienced war.

Well, possibly. In part my attitudes were shaped listening to my parents stories about when my father was drafted (for Vietnam). I don't think the soldiers were treated very well by the administrations.

He didn't see conflict luckily ... since he was drafted 1968-1970 ... since the anti war protest put an end to the war before he was sent over ... although some of the members in his platoon (that probably pissed off the superiors) were shipped out. So, putting one and one together, had the peace movement not put an end to the war, it's quite possible I wouldn't even exist. :)

For myself, the Vietnam war (and the escapades of Nixon) burned my trust in elected politicians to correctly assess and wage war. The Iraq war will further damage American's trust to fight in a war ... against a supposed foreign threat.

Also, the modern concept of warfare has been reduced to absurdsity ... with nuclear weapons, people have the capacity to wipe an entire nation off the map, there's really no point to playing fisticuffs. Meanwhile, the little worms that start the fight are hiding in a little hole, sending out kids to do the fighting. What's the point anymore?

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”