No McCain Endorsement from Ron Paul

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Accountable

No McCain Endorsement from Ron Paul

Post by Accountable »

Ron Paul's not calling it quits. LINK

"I don't think it's very practical, and I think Republicans deserve to have at least a conservative to vote for," Paul said. "The conservative base does not the support John McCain because he's identified more with the liberal Democrats. So why should they be disenfranchised? Although the odds are slim, but they have a right to vote for someone that stands for traditional Republican principles: limited government, personal liberties. I mean, this is something the Republicans used to brag about and preach, so they deserve a chance to vote for that."

Paul said he likely would not support McCain for the sake of unifying the party.

"If you can unify a party and reject your principles, what is unity worth? ... I'm not likely to support John McCain unless he changes his views," Paul told CNN's John King Monday morning. "He doesn't represent anything I've talked about for 30 years. ... How could I reject everything I've talked about for 30 years and say, now it's all over, unity is the most important thing?"

Link includes video of the CNN interview.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”