McCain's Better Half

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
BTS

McCain's Better Half

Post by BTS »

McCain's Better Half

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY |

Election 2008: Cindy Hensley McCain has been disparaged as a trophy wife, a Barbie, an heiress with fancy purses, even the Paris Hilton of politics. But there's more to the picture than meets the eye.

Mrs. McCain: More than meets the eye.

Yes, Mrs. McCain is the perfectly coifed blonde standing dutifully behind the senator during his speeches. And yes, she wears stylish clothing and carries a Prada purse. And it's true she doesn't say much. But feminist critics who write her off as a 'stand-by-your-man' shrinking violet are selling her short. In many ways, Cindy McCain stacks up sturdier than Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama. And she'd make a more impressive first lady.

While Obama's wife has been hating America, complaining about the war and undermining our troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, McCain's wife has been worrying about her sons who actually are fighting or planning to fight in the war on terror. One, in fact, was until a few months ago deployed in Iraq during some of the worst violence.

You don't hear the McCains talk about it, but their 19-year-old Marine, Jimmy, is preparing for his second tour of duty. Their 21-year-old son, Jack, is poised to graduate from Annapolis and also could join the Marines as a second lieutenant. The couple made the decision not to draw attention to their sons out of respect for other families with sons and daughters in harm's way.

Cindy also says she doesn't want to risk falling apart on the campaign trail talking about Jimmy — who was so young when he enlisted she had to sign consent forms for his medical tests before he could report for duty — and potentially upsetting parents of soldiers who are serving or have been killed.

The McCains want to make sure their boys get no special treatment. Same goes for their five other children, including a daughter they adopted from Bangladesh. During a visit to Mother Teresa's orphanage there, Cindy noticed a dying baby. The orphanage could not provide the medical care needed to save her life. So she brought the child home to America for the surgery she desperately needed. The baby is now their healthy, 16-year-old daughter, Bridget.

Though all seven McCain children — including two Sen. McCain adopted from his first marriage — are supportive of their father, they prefer their privacy to the glare of the campaign trail. Another daughter, Meghan, 23, helps him behind the scenes.

Cindy McCain not only cherishes her children, but also her country, which in an election year filled with America-bashing, is a refreshing novelty. She seethed when she heard Michelle Obama's unpatriotic remarks that she only recently grew proud of America. 'I am very proud of my country,' Mrs. McCain asserted.

She also may be tougher than the other women in the race. While Hillary thinks she's come under sniper fire on mission trips abroad, Cindy has actually seen violence. She witnessed a boy get blown up by a mine in Kuwait during a trip with an international group that removes land mines from war-torn countries.

Mrs. McCain also is a hands-on philanthropist. She sits on the board of Operation Smile, which arranges for plastic surgeons to fix cleft palates and other birth defects. She also has helped organize relief missions to Micronesia.

During a scuba-diving vacation to the islands, Mrs. McCain took a friend to a local hospital to have a cut treated. She was shocked, and saddened, by what she saw.

'They opened the door to the OR, where the supplies were, and there were two cats and a whole bunch of rats climbing out of the sterile supplies,' she recalled. 'They had no X-ray machine, no beds. To me, it was devastating because it was a U.S. trust territory.'

As soon as she returned home, she arranged for medical equipment and teams of doctors to be sent to treat the island children.

Michelle Obama may contribute to CARE, which fights global poverty and works to empower poor women. Cindy sits on its Board.

While the Democrat women talk about helping the poor and needy, Cindy McCain actually rolls up her sleeves and does it. Who's the out-of-touch elitist?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
flopstock

McCain's Better Half

Post by flopstock »

Somehow, she just doesn't strike me as the type of lady that would appreciate this kind of crap.:thinking:

But, go crazy......
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Clint

McCain's Better Half

Post by Clint »

Substance and action vs. hot air and half baked ideas. I wasn't even going to vote but the more I learn about the McCains the more I'm feeling like making a donation and buying a McCain bumper sticker.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
cars

McCain's Better Half

Post by cars »

3 Cheers for Cindy McCain, she not only talks the talk, she walks the walk!! ;)
Cars :)
flopstock

McCain's Better Half

Post by flopstock »

cars;884853 wrote: 3 Cheers for Cindy McCain, she not only talks the talk, she walks the walk!! ;)

I've liked her since she owned up to her addiction to prescription pain meds. Folks get credit for outing themselves for recreational drug use, but I don't think folks really understand how many Americans are getting hooked on legally prescribed medications.

Have any of you heard the stories about McCains earlier husbandly shenanigans? It would seem we have another 'Wild Bill' on our hands with this potential presidential candidate.:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Clint

McCain's Better Half

Post by Clint »

If McCain has had sex with his subordinates and lied under oath about it I'd like to know.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
flopstock

McCain's Better Half

Post by flopstock »

Clint;885048 wrote: If McCain has had sex with his subordinates and lied under oath about it I'd like to know.

I'm sure the democrats would too dear..:wah: All the stories about him appear to be about his behavior while married to the first wife. From what I also hear, those two remained on friendly terms after the divorce. That doesn't mean we aren't going to be hearing about it all the time by the same types of folks that like to smear the other side... they all do it, unfortunately. Much better to just make it a non news item yourself, much like obama and cocaine use. But my point in mentioning it, is I don't care...:wah:

I just do not care for the apparent need to belittle or smear the opposition when simply stating the facts builds your candidate up quite nicely, IMO. It actually takes away from their appeal to me...:thinking: I wasn't caring as much for Mccain and his sucking up to the ultra conservatives until I saw infidelity issues on him. That whole 'he's as bad as our guy was' jabbing- made me feel kinda sorry for him.

But this kind of crap, like the OP - foster that whole gutter politics approach to things. I like Cindy McCain. I knew what she was out there doing before last summer, before it was advertising material. I liked McCain before he ran for president last time. I at no time expect any candidate to be without issue. At the same time, it's no ones business really, about Cindy McCain - except what she wants to share. She is not running for office, afterall. But don't use her like this.

It's very low class.

BTS

McCain's Better Half

Post by BTS »

flopstock;885177 wrote: I'm sure the democrats would too dear..:wah: All the stories about him appear to be about his behavior while married to the first wife. From what I also hear, those two remained on friendly terms after the divorce. That doesn't mean we aren't going to be hearing about it all the time by the same types of folks that like to smear the other side... they all do it, unfortunately. Much better to just make it a non news item yourself, much like obama and cocaine use. But my point in mentioning it, is I don't care...:wah:

I just do not care for the apparent need to belittle or smear the opposition when simply stating the facts builds your candidate up quite nicely, IMO. It actually takes away from their appeal to me...:thinking: I wasn't caring as much for Mccain and his sucking up to the ultra conservatives until I saw infidelity issues on him. That whole 'he's as bad as our guy was' jabbing- made me feel kinda sorry for him.

But this kind of crap, like the OP - foster that whole gutter politics approach to things. I like Cindy McCain. I knew what she was out there doing before last summer, before it was advertising material. I liked McCain before he ran for president last time. I at no time expect any candidate to be without issue. At the same time, it's no ones business really, about Cindy McCain - except what she wants to share. She is not running for office, afterall. But don't use her like this.

It's very low class.

flopstock;885177 wrote: "Have any of you heard the stories about McCains earlier husbandly shenanigans? It would seem we have another 'Wild Bill' on our hands with this potential presidential candidate.:D".

No flop, your quote above is "very low class" IMO

And flop, tell me (us) why

("At the same time, it's no ones business really, about Cindy McCain - except what she wants to share. She is not running for office, afterall.")

that the life of a possible "First Lady" is not any of ones business, in this, an election year?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”