I want my dollar back!

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

I want my dollar back!

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Barack is taking no federal funds to run his campaign, now that is change and I checked my 1040 to give a dollar too, darn. :-5 According to Obama, the system is broken so he won’t play. Instead he will raise unlimited funds for his campaign, adding to his already $265 million.

Barack also thinks the system is broken because of the 527 groups who can spend what they like to support a candidate as long as the candidate in not involved with the group. Now here is a quandary, why have 527 groups spent over $15 million supporting Obama while McCain has benefited to the tune of only $1.1 million? ;)

One can only wonder why this popular populist thinks he needs hundreds of millions of dollars to defeat an old makeover of George Bush. Hey Barack, would we be better spending some of that money on seeking alternative energy sources? :thinking:

Change, nothing changes, the package may look different, but the present is the same…a politician looking for power and talking out of two sides of his mouth.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
freetobeme

I want my dollar back!

Post by freetobeme »

I have to wonder about this flip flop too, but this Canuck didn't know that by not accepting public funds, he can then spend an unlimited amount of donated (or whatever) funds... pretty cool huh... he can now spend as much as he likes on ads, commericals you name it...

I'm a Canuck and marvel at the amount of $$$$ and time spent on campaigns... Mr. Obama is as slick as they come, no better then any of the other's before him.

===========================================================

come visit me at the

senior's politics and discussion
watermark

I want my dollar back!

Post by watermark »

I was listening today about this and I couldn't figure it out! What is the meaning of taking no public money?

As an aside I'd say if I can't figure out the innuendo then I suspect many other people cant either. Shouldn't voters who don't have intellect for this sort of thing have it spelled out more clearly by the media? I mean, if media can go into sordid details about some local politiall figure under scrutiny or whatever can't they recap the important details of public financing of presidential elections? Just baffles me!

When it comes to the democratic process every news story in paper, radio, television ought to recognize and address the political process dunces in the world or at least our nation who never learned their fifth grade studies! Recap why such and such is significant. It'd only take one tiny paragraph. My gawd what ignoramuses those media people editors are!

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”