It's the Party

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

It's the Party

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

I just saw Hillary and Barack on a stage together and Hillary said we have put our diffences aside and it is "all about the Party." Really, ideas and positions dont't matter any more, just the party, just winning for the party.

A commentator just said it is a "love fest." No more policy differences, they were not even on the same page two weeks ago and all that no longer matters. :-5:-5

Don't we all wish we could be a politician and get away with it. :)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Galbally

It's the Party

Post by Galbally »

You have a party political system, no single politician is bigger than the team in that kind of set up. Any Democrat or Republican who ignored that would soon find themselves out of their party, and subsequently unimportant. If you are unhappy with that, you should set up a third large party, or urge people to go outside the mainstream, all attempts to date have failed, perhaps this time will be different. ;)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Accountable

It's the Party

Post by Accountable »

Nope, that's how I saw them too. Hillary'd take a little more time getting out of Iraq, but they're basically ideologically identical.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”