Voting with a Celebrity

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Oprah is for Obama, most of the Hollywood stars are for Obama, can't think of a celebrity for McCain, but you get the idea.

So, the question is: Does a Celebrities Support for a Political Candidate Change Your Views On Which Candidate to Support? :-3
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Accountable

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by Accountable »

Curt Schilling (Red Sox pitcher), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Tom Selleck, Rip Torn

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/seat ... 131111.asp

He's got the 80's action hero vote sewn up. :D

ETA: forgot to answer the question. :o No.
chonsigirl

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by chonsigirl »

Arnold Schwarzenegger always has my vote. :-4

No one tells me who to vote for, much less what is known as a "celebrity." They are stars in their own eyes....................
Lon

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by Lon »

QUINNSCOMMENTARY;941163 wrote: Oprah is for Obama, most of the Hollywood stars are for Obama, can't think of a celebrity for McCain, but you get the idea.

So, the question is: Does a Celebrities Support for a Political Candidate Change Your Views On Which Candidate to Support? :-3

It does not change my views on my support of a candidate.
Galbally

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by Galbally »

Celebrity endorsements would probably put me off any political candidate for any party or cause, in any nation. In fact, any celebrities deciding to get themselves in the real world of grown up people (outside their own personal role as responsible citizens, which is fine) should be made to work in a hospital for 12 weeks cleaning toilets. This will teach them to think long and hard about serious issues before they open their well-looked-after pie holes.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Accountable

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by Accountable »

On the other hand, if a celebrity gets too zealous using their fame to push a political agenda or endorse a candidate, it colors my attitude toward their work.

I haven't watched anything with Susan Sarandan since Thelma & Louise.
along-for-the-ride

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I'm not a fan of Oprahs, but I do like Obama. So far.;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Galbally

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by Galbally »

I guess in Europe we don't hear a lot of American celebrities going off on one about our local issues here. We do have Bono and Geldof doing the rounds for africa though. Bono annoys the arse off me to be honest, though I suppose people's lives have been saved by their efforts and it would be churlish to argue with that aspect of it, its just the santimonius nonsense that gets me.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

I guess we are not typical as a survey taken by the Harris organization a few months back shows that 48% of people say that celebrity endorsement "probably does" change their views on which candidate to support.

Go figure. :rolleyes:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
hoppy

Voting with a Celebrity

Post by hoppy »

I wouldn't ask a celebrity for any intelligent advise, nor would I ask an advisor to star in an action movie, or any other kind.:D

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”