The Edwards affair

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
valerie

The Edwards affair

Post by valerie »

What a jerk. Please tell me how any of them think they can get away

with an affair and run for president? Are they out of their minds? Now

come to find out, McCain had them, too.

Affairs

And Edwards first called reports of an affair "Tabloid trash" yeah right

buddy.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

weeder

The Edwards affair

Post by weeder »

Affairs are no big deal to these guys. To them its like a leak they took alongside the road. They had to do it, did it wherever they were, and immediately forgot about it. The majority of politicians are maggotts to me.

They fabricate agendas that make them appear to care about the masses. In actuality they care nothing for the women in their own lives... so why would we think they give a hoot for strangers. Politics is merely a way to pad their wallets, secure their financial futures, boost their ravenous egos, and provide them with liscences to get away with almost anything they choose. Pompas ass men with little conscience, no morals, and huge lines of bullshit.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
CARLA

The Edwards affair

Post by CARLA »

I agree Weeder your "politicians are maggotts" pretty much sums it up. Just disgusting they all are scum bags. I get sick and tired of listening to them preach their issues on family and morals and for the most part there isn't one that has one ounce of decency in them.

Took a bit for Edwards affair to come out but that's what you get when you have affairs, someone will find out and you will be exposed as you should. :mad:

LOSER..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

weeder

The Edwards affair

Post by weeder »

Well Carla... since Clinton got away with risking national security by shoving cigars into someones vagina, in the oval office..... why should infedelity be such a big deal with our political candidates??? When Ted Kennedy can leave a young woman to drown in the back seat of his car, to avoid being caught cheating,,,,,

why should engaging the services of prostitutes be anything to discuss??
CARLA

The Edwards affair

Post by CARLA »

Disgusting isn't it Weeder. That's why I don't trust or believe one word that comes out of a Politicians mouth. :mad:

[QUOTE]Well Carla... since Clinton got away with risking national security by shoving cigars into someones vagina, in the oval office..... why should infedelity be such a big deal with our political candidates??? When Ted Kennedy can leave a young woman to drown in the back seat of his car, to avoid being caught cheating,,,,,

why should engaging the services of prostitutes be anything to discuss??[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

The Edwards affair

Post by chonsigirl »

Sad, and yes weeder, you cannot forget Chapaquitic. It's about 30+ years now, but I still remember that.
weeder

The Edwards affair

Post by weeder »

Ive never forgotten that incident Suzie. For some reason it made a huge impact on me. I can honestly say that Ted Kennedy greatly affected my feelings about not only politicians, but our legal system as well. It became very clear to me that enough money, clout, or political ties, gives a person the right to get away with just about anything. He was a disgrace to the senate, as Clinton was a disgrace to the presidency.
Patsy Warnick

The Edwards affair

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Weeder,

I've never forgotten Ted Kenndy's car crash either

I have books on this & the Kennedys.

That's why TED was never President...

As fas as AFFAIRS for a candidate for President or President - they all do it - always have - always will.

dissappointing - yes.

When I heard this news @ Edwards - I said, well, they didn't kill her like Marilyn Monroe.

Ego's

Patsy
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

valerie;946467 wrote: What a jerk. Please tell me how any of them think they can get away

with an affair and run for president? Are they out of their minds? Now

come to find out, McCain had them, too.

Affairs

And Edwards first called reports of an affair "Tabloid trash" yeah right

buddy.

This nothing new 95% of those people have some one on the SIDE , It just that he got caught ... Funny how people think of these people as if they were God . Edwards wasn't the first one to cheat on his wife and wont be the last one .
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Accountable

The Edwards affair

Post by Accountable »

Daniyal;947300 wrote: This nothing new 95% of those people have some one on the SIDE , It just that he got caught ...
You're probably high on the stat, but not by much. It still doesn't excuse his actions.
Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

It surprises me that people are surprised about Edwards. It is even more interesting that people care. Bill Clinton compromised national security, abused a subordinate, cheated on his wife, embarassed his daughter, betrayed those who voted for him and lied under oath yet if he had been able to run for a third term he would have been elected.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
TheNewDG

The Edwards affair

Post by TheNewDG »

I loooooved Joh Edwards. loved.

I am so disappointed. A scumbag cheats on his sick wife.
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Clint;947319 wrote: It surprises me that people are surprised about Edwards. It is even more interesting that people care. Bill Clinton compromised national security, abused a subordinate, cheated on his wife, embarassed his daughter, betrayed those who voted for him and lied under oath yet if he had been able to run for a third term he would have been elected.

veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good point .........It almost as they're looking for some one to bow down to as if they were god .
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
valerie

The Edwards affair

Post by valerie »

I in no way think he's God and I'm NOT surprised. What I am is truly

fed up with the lies. Cheating on his wife is his business and hers, but

lying about it for so long is just not right. You know the old saying

"where there's smoke there's fire" and I thought back when the first

reports came out and he denied them that there was something going

on. I read in the paper today that he said he felt he could deny that

first report because it contained many "falsities" and he was being

"99% honest" when he denied it.

You know the only politician I've ever known who came right out and

admitted anything was Gavin Newsom, Mayor of SF. He had an affair

with a staff member's wife, and when the first reports came out, he

stood up and said "Everything you're hearing and reading about is true"

and dang me if that didn't just take the wind out of everybody's sails.

That story went AWAY really quickly, too.

Edwards really took a gigantic risk, what if he was selected for VP on

Obama's ticket and this came out THEN?
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Just because a person whole a office SOME Forget they're just people like everyone else , The sooner people realize this they wont get up set so easzyyyyyyy . Like I said in the above 98% of the people in office have some on the side , rather its a good thing / bad thing its happen , And going to keep on happening . What everyone should be worrying is if they're doing their job while in office . That what really countsss . not who they're sleeping with . Stay out of people bed-room and worry about your own :wah:

flopstock

The Edwards affair

Post by flopstock »

Anyone notice there hasn't been anything on GW cheating?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

TheNewDG

The Edwards affair

Post by TheNewDG »

flopstock;947534 wrote: Anyone notice there hasn't been anything on GW cheating?

Who's GW??

Do you mean George Washington?
valerie

The Edwards affair

Post by valerie »

Daniyal;947516 wrote: Just because a person whole a office SOME Forget they're just people like everyone else , The sooner people realize this they wont get up set so easzyyyyyyy . Like I said in the above 98% of the people in office have some on the side , rather its a good thing / bad thing its happen , And going to keep on happening . What everyone should be worrying is if they're doing their job while in office . That what really countsss . not who they're sleeping with . Stay out of people bed-room and worry about your own :wah:

My bedroom is just fine thank you very much plus *I* would never run

for public office. And if I did, I would never desecrate the Oval office

by getting a BJ (or equivalent) there!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

valerie;947562 wrote: My bedroom is just fine thank you very much plus *I* would never run

for public office. And if I did, I would never desecrate the Oval office

by getting a BJ (or equivalent) there!

Relax Are You Guilty Of Something , Personly I Care Less Who / What You Sleep With So Relax , I Was Just Saying People Are More Worry About Who These People In Office Are Sleeping With , Then If They Are Doing Their Job . If It More Important To You Who These People Are Sleeping With Then Doing Their Job . Hey Whatever Rock Your Boat . But Remember Your Opinion Is Not The Only That Counts Here .

valerie

The Edwards affair

Post by valerie »

Daniyal;947574 wrote: Relax Are You Guilty Of Something , Personly I Care Less Who / What You Sleep With So Relax , I Was Just Saying People Are More Worry About Who These People In Office Are Sleeping With , Then If They Are Doing Their Job . If It More Important To You Who These People Are Sleeping With Then Doing Their Job . Hey Whatever Rock Your Boat . But Remember Your Opinion Is Not The Only That Counts Here .

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

flopstock;947534 wrote: Anyone notice there hasn't been anything on GW cheating?

I don't think GW is a god but I do think he is an honorable man. If he was a smooth talker I might worry about him.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Clint;947676 wrote: I don't think GW is a god but I do think he is an honorable man. If he was a smooth talker I might worry about him.

You Can't Be Talking About GW / George Washington? Can You ?

Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

Daniyal;947691 wrote: You Can't Be Talking About GW / George Washington? Can You ?

President George W. Bush
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Clint;947692 wrote: President George W. Bush

Omygoodnesss your jokeing Yesssssssss

Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

I uh, I, I...:confused:
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Clint;947702 wrote: I uh, I, I...:confused:

I see yall at the bottom in the box and you dowm there .

Where are you confused about ?

Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

Daniyal;947703 wrote: Where are you confused about ?

Denver
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Clint;947707 wrote: Denver

okkkkk....

Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

Daniyal;947709 wrote: okkkkk....

You asked who GW was. I said George W. Bush, President of the United States. You said he was a FF=Founding Father. I'm confused and we are off topic now.
flopstock

The Edwards affair

Post by flopstock »

Clint;947707 wrote: Denver

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

OMG!! STOP!!

you're killing me.....

:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

The Edwards affair

Post by flopstock »

Just to go on record somewhere...

If ever elected, I have an ongoing list of men who will be called into the Ovary Office for a private meeting...:sneaky:

Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Clint;947712 wrote: You asked who GW was. I said George W. Bush, President of the United States. You said he was a FF=Founding Father. I'm confused and we are off topic now.

I Know and I change it . what did you say about G.W.B.

Clint

The Edwards affair

Post by Clint »

fuzzy butt;947719 wrote: I don't understand why you guys think affairs are so bad for these people . The wives and husbands are carefully chosen for these people and it's not for love that these people are together. Anyone being groomed for any leadership role has a partner chosen for them for their connections, political ideals and associations and affiliations. Their marriages are to be within their own set for the benefit of their own set....Just like royalty.

Their 'love' is to be found outside the marriage.

1. If the affair is with a subordinate it demonstates a lack of leadership ability and potential breakdown of the organization.

2. If the affair is with a subordinate's spouse it demonstrates a lack of leadership ability and potential breakdown of the organization.

3. If the wrong person knows about the affair they can use it to get things from the leader they should't have like military secrets.

4. If the affair becomes public knowledge it sends the message that marriage vows aren't serious and leads others to think having an affair is okay.

5. If the affair is lied about it makes one wonder what else the leader may lie about.

If people who set themselves up to be examples for the rest of us want us to take them seriously they need to behave in a respectable way. If their desire to be an example to the rest of us gets them into an office like Senator Edwards then what's in the best interest of the country comes first...not his ego or his sex drive.
hoppy

The Edwards affair

Post by hoppy »

fuzzy butt;947719 wrote: I don't understand why you guys think affairs are so bad for these people . The wives and husbands are carefully chosen for these people and it's not for love that these people are together. Anyone being groomed for any leadership role has a partner chosen for them for their connections, political ideals and associations and affiliations. Their marriages are to be within their own set for the benefit of their own set....Just like royalty.

I think I saw that movie.:D
RedGlitter

The Edwards affair

Post by RedGlitter »

What people fail to understand is that if a man can't keep his vows to his wife, why should we believe he will keep his vows to his country? One infidel is the same as the next. Cheat and lie in one area, I won't believe you in any other. *That's* why in this case, his lying infidelity is everyone's business.

Oh yeah and he's pond scum.
RedGlitter

The Edwards affair

Post by RedGlitter »

Um, that's not really exactly how it is with presidents in America. Royalty yes, quite often, but American presidents are not quite there yet.
RedGlitter

The Edwards affair

Post by RedGlitter »

Clint;947749 wrote: 1. If the affair is with a subordinate it demonstates a lack of leadership ability and potential breakdown of the organization.

2. If the affair is with a subordinate's spouse it demonstrates a lack of leadership ability and potential breakdown of the organization.

3. If the wrong person knows about the affair they can use it to get things from the leader they should't have like military secrets.

4. If the affair becomes public knowledge it sends the message that marriage vows aren't serious and leads others to think having an affair is okay.

5. If the affair is lied about it makes one wonder what else the leader may lie about.

If people who set themselves up to be examples for the rest of us want us to take them seriously they need to behave in a respectable way. If their desire to be an example to the rest of us gets them into an office like Senator Edwards then what's in the best interest of the country comes first...not his ego or his sex drive.

Excellently said, Clint!! :-6
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

Why Are People So Concern What Edwards Did With This Lady / Woman With Her Permission Then What George Bush Did To Their Country ... Things That Make One Say Hummmmmmmmm.

RedGlitter

The Edwards affair

Post by RedGlitter »

I believe we just answered that Daniyal.

Read again.

---------------- Now playing on Quintessential Player: Jeff Buckley / Last Goodbye via FoxyTunes
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

RedGlitter;950287 wrote: I believe we just answered that Daniyal.

Read again.

---------------- Now playing on Quintessential Player: Jeff Buckley / Last Goodbye via FoxyTunes

What # Post Is That ????????

RedGlitter

The Edwards affair

Post by RedGlitter »

Daniyal;950305 wrote: What # Post Is That ???????? ---------------- Listening to: Jeff Buckley / Mojo Pin via FoxyTunes

Specifically, #'s 34 and 36, although the same sentiment is also in other posts too. :)
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

RedGlitter;950318 wrote: ---------------- Listening to: Jeff Buckley / Mojo Pin via FoxyTunes

Specifically, #'s 34 and 36, although the same sentiment is also in other posts too. :)

I Knew You Were Jokeing None Those Post Had Anything To Do With This Question I Guess Messing Around Is More Imporant Than The Country ...

flopstock

The Edwards affair

Post by flopstock »

Clint;947702 wrote: I uh, I, I...:confused:

for gods sake ...spit it out man!!!:D

RedGlitter

The Edwards affair

Post by RedGlitter »

Daniyal;950333 wrote: I Knew You Were Jokeing None Those Post Had Anything To Do With This Question I Guess Messing Around Is More Imporant Than The Country ...

As I said, we answered you. You may not find the answer acceptable or maybe you didn't read it properly but we care because if he lies to his wife, he'll lie to his country. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

---------------- Listening to: Jeff Buckley / So Real via FoxyTunes
Daniyal

The Edwards affair

Post by Daniyal »

RedGlitter;950401 wrote: As I said, we answered you. You may not find the answer acceptable or maybe you didn't read it properly but we care because if he lies to his wife, he'll lie to his country. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

---------------- Listening to: Jeff Buckley / So Real via FoxyTunes

No Because It Sound Like Your Taking It Personal Because He Messing Around , And That Doesn't Means He Couldn't Do His Job . Unlike Bush .

K.Snyder

The Edwards affair

Post by K.Snyder »

What do peoples' personal lives have to do with politics?...

No one would vote for a person to be President, to whom is known they'd do a better job than anyone else, hypothetically speaking, because he had an affair?...

If so I would be appalled...
flopstock

The Edwards affair

Post by flopstock »

K.Snyder;950676 wrote: What do peoples' personal lives have to do with politics?...

No one would vote for a person to be President, to whom is known they'd do a better job than anyone else, hypothetically speaking, because he had an affair?...

If so I would be appalled...

I agree. We need to become mature enough to quit judging someones personal life when deciding if they can do the job.

No one questioned me about my sex life before hiring me in my IT position.

Having said that, the problem with Edwards case is that he was out campaigning on his high morals at the same time he had his videographer bent over the back of a theatre seat... sharing more then just popcorn...:rolleyes:

Had he not presented himself as the next ward cleaver, I could have cared less about his personal life.:thinking:

K.Snyder

The Edwards affair

Post by K.Snyder »

flopstock;950689 wrote: I agree. We need to become mature enough to quit judging someones personal life when deciding if they can do the job.

No one questioned me about my sex life before hiring me in my IT position.

Having said that, the problem with Edwards case is that he was out campaigning on his high morals at the same time he had his videographer bent over the back of a theatre seat... sharing more then just popcorn...:rolleyes:

Had he not presented himself as the next ward cleaver, I could have cared less about his personal life.:thinking:

Well they're just campaignes...In that regard I think if people don't expect candidates to "presented himself as the next ward cleaver" his "out campaigning on his high morals at the same time he had his videographer bent over the back of a theatre seat..." wouldn't be a campaigne ending press release...It wouldn't even be a press release...News agencies give out stories people want to read...What's needed is a change of what it is people want to read...I'm doing my part,..because quite frankly I could care less what Edwards or Ward Cleaver do...As long as they benefit society with their authority in office they're fine with me,..whether they have a videographer bent over the back of a theatre seat or are playing fetch with Lassie...
flopstock

The Edwards affair

Post by flopstock »

K.Snyder;950698 wrote: Well they're just campaignes...In that regard I think if people don't expect candidates to "presented himself as the next ward cleaver" his "out campaigning on his high morals at the same time he had his videographer bent over the back of a theatre seat..." wouldn't be a campaigne ending press release...It wouldn't even be a press release...News agencies give out stories people want to read...What's needed is a change of what it is people want to read...I'm doing my part,..because quite frankly I could care less what Edwards or Ward Cleaver do...As long as they benefit society with their authority in office they're fine with me,..whether they have a videographer bent over the back of a theatre seat or are playing fetch with Lassie...

Once again, I agree - so long as that isn't what he is trying to sell me on... do you see what i mean here? If it aint so, just dont' tell me it is... I do not care. But if you go to the trouble to lie to me about this, what else are you not being truthful about..

I'm all for every politician for the rest of eternity telling anyone who asks about their personal life to go uck themselves.. I'm just not interested.. but do not lie about it.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”