Dem Convention Pass Controversy

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx? ... &catid=188

Is there something wrong with that flag?
Snidely Whiplash

Post by Snidely Whiplash »

Quote from the article

The viewers say with the stars and blue field in the lower left corner, it looks like an upside down American flag. Published flag etiquette states the stars should always be displayed in the upper left corner. An upside down flag represents an international symbol of extreme distress.

Matt Chandler with the Obama campaign says the flag is not upside down. He says it is a stylized flag designed to blend the stars on Senator Obama's shirt with the flag blowing in the wind.

Obama gives me "extreme distress", so maybe an upside down flag is perfect..! :wah:

And who cares what the flag looks like or which way it's flying anyway, as long as it matches Barry's shirt, that's what's really important about the American flag..!! :p
spot

Post by spot »

It's one of those grooved pictures which reveal different images depending on the angle you view it at, like on a bank card. There's no indication of the point of view of the flag image, it would be easy to position a camera so that it saw that view on a correctly-flown stars and stripes. Besides, I think the spokesadults missed the designers' message, that he's offering himself for office because the country has an emergency.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

The only angle you could hold the pass so that the flag would look upright, is upside-down.

Unlike the British flag, ours has a top and bottom.

spot

Post by spot »

Ours has a top and bottom too, and the same convention of flying it in distress mode. Our white stripes have different widths. Yes, I'd worked out the angles.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;961991 wrote: Ours has a top and bottom too, and the same convention of flying it in distress mode. Our white stripes have different widths. Yes, I'd worked out the angles.

The left flag is right side up the right flag is upside down

Show me the difference please

I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Like this.

What you forgot is that the toggles are only on one side - you have to flip it, not rotate it.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Theres no difference.

I win.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Post by 911 »

pssst. . . .nomad.. . . do you see the difference?:-3
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

Post by 911 »

Oops, you posted just before me :wah:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
spot

Post by spot »

Where did we put the Stubborn Trophy?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

On your mantle?
spot

Post by spot »

Brute!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Love the smell of that cologne..................:D
spot

Post by spot »

Chonsi, was that entirely on topic? I mean, I'm not one to harve but seriously it seems some distance from where the thread began. Buck up, pull your shoulders back, chest out stomach in, have another shot at it while we watch you.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*sigh*

*standing upside to look at the flag on the card*

I can still smell your cologne......:D
spot

Post by spot »

spot applauds and passes chonsi the FG Flirt Of The Month cup

Post by 911 »

chonsigirl;962061 wrote: *sigh*

*standing upside to look at the flag on the card*

I can still smell your cologne......:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;962082 wrote: spot applauds and passes chonsi the FG Flirt Of The Month cup

:wah::wah:
G-man

Post by G-man »

Seems like more fodder for the Barak Obama is THE Anti-Christ, conspiracy theory... :p

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

spot

Post by spot »

It's so reassuring to see serious issues finally coming to the forefront of the election.
spot

Post by spot »

Hoss;963444 wrote: I don't think this is a serious issue, but it is one that matters to me.

That a photo of the Stars and Stripes is taken from an unconventional angle on a pass ticket to the Convention? Or that the Democrats should use a recognized symbol for immediate distress in their election publicity? I'm not sure I see either as distasteful. Which bit offends you?

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”