Presidential Voting Poll

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

If you're voting, what are your reasons? Anyone please comment, but only US voters, please.
guppy

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by guppy »

McCain/Palin...He served in our military. It took guts to pick Palin as his vp. I dont think she will be a quiet vp. I dont trust Obama's plans. I do not like his idea of putting more money back into the poor communities as a handout. Its been proven time and again that it doesnt work. I dont have confidence in Obama standing up for our country if called for in a crisis.
guppy

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by guppy »

guppy;971889 wrote: McCain/Palin...He served in our military. It took guts to pick Palin as his vp. I dont think she will be a quiet vp. I dont trust Obama's plans. I do not like his idea of putting more money back into the poor communities as a handout. Its been proven time and again that it doesnt work. I dont have confidence in Obama standing up for our country if called for in a crisis.

anybody else gonna vote? :-3:D
RedGlitter

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by RedGlitter »

No way would I fail to vote. :)

I will be voting for someone other than McCain or Obama. It probably won't get my person in but (I hope) with others who vote that way that it will send a message that we are not happy with the choices or the status quo.
sunny104

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by sunny104 »

I think McCain/Palin will make a great team. I dunno, it's just a feeling. :-6
Cow Patty

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Cow Patty »

RedGlitter;972023 wrote: No way would I fail to vote. :)

I will be voting for someone other than McCain or Obama. It probably won't get my person in but (I hope) with others who vote that way that it will send a message that we are not happy with the choices or the status quo.

Theres alot of talking going around our state for the voters here to "write in" a particular person.

Anyone else hearing talk of that.
flopstock

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by flopstock »

I'm sure I'll vote. Not at all sure who it will be... so i'll get back to you on this:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Nomad

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Nomad »

I will be voting for Obama/Biden.

Although Id really like to see a flat tax guy in there the main reason Im voting Democratic is because theres not much I can look back on over the last 8 years Im pleased with and theres plenty Im pissed about.

In my opinion the present administration failed miserably.

From the bogus intelligence info that got us involved in Iraq to the out right obstinence in declaring our mission there a just cause.

Last night when Gov Palin said her party got the job done in Guantanamo and if the other party had been in office they would have been worried about reading prisoners their rights I thought I was going to vomit as everyone was patting eachother on the back.

From the sneaky methods Bush used to push through the Patriot Act to his handling of the Justice Dept. He broke laws, he broke confidence and he took pride in touting himself as the President who was staying the course while doing these things.

My opinion of Cheney is lower than my opinion of Bush.

I want this country to regain its integrity, I want this country to not see war as a first alternative, I want this country to be admired throughout the world as a beacon of virtue. The US can and should be a shining example of what good can come from being morally strong and steadfast through diplomacy and by trying harder than anyone else to reach an ethical plateau the likes of which the world has never seen before.

We are a great nation but we have a long way to go and so much to learn. We have some of the most fertile land in the world, ranges and ranges of majestic mountains and vast oceans.

One of our greatest untapped resources is our volume. We should be manufacturing things the world needs, young people should be clamoring to become teachers because those that choose beneficial professions should be rewarded handsomely. Being a teacher should be recognized as a prominent and noble cause and they should never have to go on strike because they arent making ends meet.

Our law enforcement agencies arent being paid enough, there are states that start policemen out at $13.00 an hr.

The sciences arent being utilized enough, students with exceptional abilities should be nurtured.

Our health care system is confused.

Bush had 8 years to do good things.

We need to build our countries infrastructure with the future in mind. We arent thinking long term. If the US is going to prosper in all regards we need fresh thinkers, new blood, people that are willing and eager to get citizens involved, to become a community and work together for a greater good than being the worlds police and dictating to others.

I dont believe McCain and his party have the same things in mind as I do as to what will make this country great again.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I vote Nomad for President :-6
sunny104

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by sunny104 »

I'd rather have Cartman! :p :wah:
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;972394 wrote: One of our greatest untapped resources is our volume. We should be manufacturing things the world needs, young people should be clamoring to become teachers because those that choose beneficial professions should be rewarded handsomely. Being a teacher should be recognized as a prominent and noble cause and they should never have to go on strike because they arent making ends meet.I agree with some qualifications, but that's not an issue for the federal gov't. That's a state issue.

Nomad wrote: Our law enforcement agencies arent being paid enough, there are states that start policemen out at $13.00 an hr.Again, a state issue.

Nomad wrote: The sciences arent being utilized enough, students with exceptional abilities should be nurtured.In what way? I don't see how this could be a federal issue either.

Nomad wrote: Our health care system is confused.Complain to your governor, or your hospital, .... or your insurance company.

Nomad wrote: Bush had 8 years to do good things.

We need to build our countries infrastructure with the future in mind. We arent thinking long term. If the US is going to prosper in all regards we need fresh thinkers, new blood, people that are willing and eager to get citizens involved, to become a community and work together for a greater good than being the worlds police and dictating to others.

I dont believe McCain and his party have the same things in mind as I do as to what will make this country great again.I don't believe Obama & the Dems do, either.
Nomad

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Nomad »

I didnt know I was being critiqued on my selection.

I painted my thoughts with a broad brush.

Kind of a Nomad state of the Union (FG) address.
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by guppy »

Nomad;972394 wrote: I will be voting for Obama/Biden.

Although Id really like to see a flat tax guy in there the main reason Im voting Democratic is because theres not much I can look back on over the last 8 years Im pleased with and theres plenty Im pissed about.

From the bogus intelligence info that got us involved in Iraq to the out right obstinence in declaring our mission there a just cause.

Last night when Gov Palin said her party got the job done in Guantanamo and if the other party had been in office they would have been worried about reading prisoners their rights I thought I was going to vomit as everyone was patting eachother on the back.

From the sneaky methods Bush used to push through the Patriot Act to his handling of the Justice Dept. He broke laws, he broke confidence and he took pride in touting himself as the President who was staying the course while doing these things.

I want this country to regain its integrity, I want this country to not see war as a first alternative, I want this country to be admired throughout the world as a beacon of virtue. The US can and should be a shining example of what good can come from being morally strong and steadfast through diplomacy and by trying harder than anyone else to reach an ethical plateau the likes of which the world has never seen before.

We are a great nation but we have a long way to go and so much to learn. We have some of the most fertile land in the world, ranges and ranges of majestic mountains and vast oceans.

One of our greatest untapped resources is our volume. We should be manufacturing things the world needs, young people should be clamoring to become teachers because those that choose beneficial professions should be rewarded handsomely. Being a teacher should be recognized as a prominent and noble cause and they should never have to go on strike because they arent making ends meet.

Our law enforcement agencies arent being paid enough, there are states that start policemen out at $13.00 an hr.

The sciences arent being utilized enough, students with exceptional abilities should be nurtured.

I dont believe McCain and his party have the same things in mind as I do as to what will make this country great again.

I am impressed..Nomad usually give glib answers..this got my attention..i vote Nomad for President..
sunny104

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by sunny104 »

Nomad;973441 wrote: I didnt know I was being critiqued on my selection.

it's his thread, he can do what he wants! :p :D
Nomad

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Nomad »

sunny104;973533 wrote: it's his thread, he can do what he wants! :p :D

No he cant.
I AM AWESOME MAN
hoppy

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by hoppy »

McCain/Palin, who else? They are the been-there-done-that duo. Obama did what? Oh yeah, he reads a good speech.
qsducks

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;972394 wrote: I will be voting for Obama/Biden.

Totally agree
yaaarrrgg

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Since McCain has one foot in the grave, we might compare this as a race between Palin and Obama:

Obama's record:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03303.html

Palin's record:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20080 ... n/45354444
qsducks

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by qsducks »

yaaarrrgg;973862 wrote: Since McCain has one foot in the grave, we might compare this as a race between Palin and Obama:

Obama's record:

Palin's record:

I read both and my mind was made up months ago. Sarah Palin is just not my cup of tea.
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;973441 wrote: I didnt know I was being critiqued on my selection.

I painted my thoughts with a broad brush.

Kind of a Nomad state of the Union (FG) address.
I don't mean it as an attack, Nomad. I'm just having discussion. I feel most of the problem with the federal gov't is that they think they're supposed to be all things to all people - and so do alot of the people - when the constitution clearly limits congress' involvement, acknowledging most operational responsibility to the states. The fed gov't is so busy managing crap they have no business in that they're failing to do the job that's spelled out for them to do.
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;973862 wrote: Since McCain has one foot in the grave, we might compare this as a race between Palin and Obama:

Obama's record:

Palin's record:

Are you afraid to compare Obama to his opponents?
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

The poll speaks well of our diversity, dontcha think? :yh_flag
yaaarrrgg

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Accountable;974247 wrote: Are you afraid to compare Obama to his opponents?

And who are they?
Nomad

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Nomad »

Accountable;974245 wrote: I don't mean it as an attack, Nomad. I'm just having discussion. I feel most of the problem with the federal gov't is that they think they're supposed to be all things to all people - and so do alot of the people - when the constitution clearly limits congress' involvement, acknowledging most operational responsibility to the states. The fed gov't is so busy managing crap they have no business in that they're failing to do the job that's spelled out for them to do.

I understand you.

You are a constitutionalist.

Stop it ! :wah:

Its never going to be that again.

The Federal government is past the point of no return.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;974258 wrote: And who are they?
McCain ... and a few other guys who aren't going to win. :o

But at least Obama's more qualified than Ralph Nader! :D
Accountable

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;974553 wrote: I understand you.

You are a constitutionalist.

Stop it ! :wah:

Its never going to be that again.

The Federal government is past the point of no return.
Then I wish we'd just officially trash the damn thing. Hypocrisy pisses me off. ETA: I'm talking about people, mostly politicians, that tout the constitution and still want to do things that violate it.

Still, we're a big country. A blanket one-size-fits-all program would never be able to adequately serve all Americans, no matter what problem it addresses. Everyone talks about national this and national that, pointing at European countries as a benchmark. Well those countries are smaller than many of our states. If their programs are truly the best way to go, then doesn't it make sense to do it on a similar scale? Let the states create whatever programs they want, or none at all. The natural competition and benchmarking will create continuous improvement. A national program has no reason to change or improve.
Nomad

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by Nomad »

Accountable;974666 wrote: Then I wish we'd just officially trash the damn thing. Hypocrisy pisses me off. ETA: I'm talking about people, mostly politicians, that tout the constitution and still want to do things that violate it.

Still, we're a big country. A blanket one-size-fits-all program would never be able to adequately serve all Americans, no matter what problem it addresses. Everyone talks about national this and national that, pointing at European countries as a benchmark. Well those countries are smaller than many of our states. If their programs are truly the best way to go, then doesn't it make sense to do it on a similar scale? Let the states create whatever programs they want, or none at all. The natural competition and benchmarking will create continuous improvement. A national program has no reason to change or improve.

The honest answer is...I dont know.

The only way I see an overhaul happening is as the result of a global catastrophy of some type, then we start over and try again.
I AM AWESOME MAN
TheNewDG

Presidential Voting Poll

Post by TheNewDG »

RedGlitter;972023 wrote: No way would I fail to vote. :)

Write in "REDGLITTER"!

If you do it, I'll do it!

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”