Let's talk Ron Paul

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
spot

Let's talk Ron Paul

Post by spot »

Well, why not, he's a write-in if nothing else and he's still giving speeches.Alluding to his belief in a limited government, Paul said: "I wanted to be president because of the things I didn't want to do."

While Paul pulled out of the campaign, his so-called "revolution" supporters continued to remain energised. When he officially ended his presidential run, his campaign was debt free and had $5m in the bank. With a surplus of cash and supporters, he decided to launch the Campaign for Liberty advocacy group. Its mission, the group says, is to defend the "great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets and a non-interventionist foreign policy".

Paul's "Rally for the Republic" this week served as the campaign's official kick-off. "This is a continuation of something that was started this past year and which we are following up with because of the amount of enthusiasm out there for the message," Paul said. "Over the years there has been a gradual erosion and a misunderstanding of what a free society is all about, particularly among the Republicans. But freedom is inseparable and across the board. And the goal is to influence the philosophy of the Republican party and restore the republic."

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/ameri ... 67535.html

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”