Truth to Nowhere

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Truth to Nowhere

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

It appears we are in a contest to determine who is dumber, the politicians who tell us something knowing it isn’t the full truth or us for believing what they say.

Let’s take the Sarah Palin bridge to nowhere story. At the Republican convention the story was she stopped that earmark positioning her as a rebel against government spending.

Now we learn that she first supported it, then stopped it but kept much of the money and it was used for other road projects. :(

Ok, not different than most other state governments would do, but how dumb can they be not figuring out that the truth would not come out and everything would be scrutinized.

That tells me that politicians of all ilk hold the average American voter is pretty low regard. :mad::mad::mad:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
K.Snyder

Truth to Nowhere

Post by K.Snyder »

Natural instinct really...

Anyone with power assumes their power is needed...Very much a problem with all governments...Politicians just quite simply seem to cease having the ability to relate to the common man and vica versa...

The government likes to keep their image one in which depicts the necessity for it's citizens to succumb to them. It's how they keep from being restricted from doing as they damn well please.
yaaarrrgg

Truth to Nowhere

Post by yaaarrrgg »

What is really weird, is that McCain keeps repeating the same false claims, despite having them pointed out as false in the media.

I'm not sure what is worse ... the thought that he's lying, or that thought that he believes he's telling the truth.

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Friday defended the nearly $200 million in federal pet projects she sought as Alaska governor this year even as John McCain told a television audience she had never requested them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_ ... icuEIDW7oF
K.Snyder

Truth to Nowhere

Post by K.Snyder »

yaaarrrgg;982615 wrote: What is really weird, is that McCain keeps repeating the same false claims, despite having them pointed out as false in the media.

I'm not sure what is worse ... the thought that he's lying, or that thought that he believes he's telling the truth.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_ ... icuEIDW7oF

I wouldn't exactly consider "repeating the same false claims" as lying...

More like something I'd expect from any candidate...Given their nature that is...
Nomad

Truth to Nowhere

Post by Nomad »

Thats the reason I kinda like Ralph Nader.

Hes just a guy. Goofy but just a regular guy that talks straight.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Clint

Truth to Nowhere

Post by Clint »

They do it because most people don't check out what they say. Biden could say Palin is a Vampire and before he could retract it a whole lot of people would believe it to be true and never have their minds changed.

I am stunned by how otherwise educated people take political half truth and run with it because of their emotional connection to one side or the other. Intellectual honesty isn't even a concern.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”