The 11th hour

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Fyrenza

The 11th hour

Post by Fyrenza »

spot;1059985 wrote: As opposed to referenced events in the real world. Hence the bookmarks. I keep a few too because I know my opinions are worthless without their justification.

Sad, but true... For BOTH of us!
scholle-kid

The 11th hour

Post by scholle-kid »

I started this not with opinion or references to any official links .

And I realize now I should have used the word 'wonder' instead of 'figure'

The woman saying 'she voted because of the color of skin' was what made me 'figure/wonder ' about it at all. Because there were so many people of every color that registered to vote that had not voted before (this being mentioned lot by media) just made my figuring/wondering a little more .

Now with the election over and all the threats/rumors of riots or attempts on our president elects life not happening

maybe we can hope it is like the poster said about Americans wanting a change from the status qu.

Oh sure in a few forums /message boards there are the expected /impeachment blah blah blah and a few nuts are still going on about the birth crertificate crapola.

But on the whole it would seem that Americans are going on with the business of life and waiting to see if the new bunch in the white house (starting January) can make a change.
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
Accountable

The 11th hour

Post by Accountable »

Yup. Looks like all the bigots on both sides were wrong.

Time to celebrate! :yh_party
Violetmay

The 11th hour

Post by Violetmay »

I think some balance has to be restored here, so someone admitted to voting on the race/skin colour card. That's a most honest thing to do. And the uproar it causes?!? White power groups have been active in America in the name of good taste and keeping things in order as they see it quite openly. And the KKK still very active. And then the average white American voter who is not racist but wants things the way they used to be, and isn't ready for a black President. How many of these people actually voted for the political content and not the skin tone? It cracks me up if Sarah Payne had got in, we'd be discussing someone being sexist for wanting a female first lady for a change.
Wibble
scholle-kid

The 11th hour

Post by scholle-kid »

Ok, lets put this thread to rest.

Americans have taken another giant step to put our history in the past .

There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”