Clinton speaks before Hispanic civil rights conference

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
CVX

Post by CVX »

Yes, this is the right forum!

Speaking to the nations' largest Hispanic civil rights organization, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., received a standing ovation Monday when she vowed her support for legislation that would allow illegal immigrant high school students to attend college.

Clinton made her remarks on various issues of importance to the country's Latinos at the annual conference of National Council of La Raza, attended by 23,000 people at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.

The event started Friday and has included a rally in center Philadelphia in support of the so-called DREAM Act that would benefit illegal students.

On Tuesday, the chairpersons of both the Republican and Democratic national committees are schedule to address the conference, which NCLR officials say is a first for the organization and a sign that both parties have heightened their interest in the growing Latino population and its votes.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

that's what we need for president: a politician who is

1. so elitist and racist that she believes the only way latinos can succeed is by her magnamimous assistance.

2. so power hungry she'll exploit every opportunity, no matter how destructive long-term.

or

3. both.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

oh goody. We have needy students that can't get financial aid for one reason or another.. now we are gonna allow illegal immigrants the right to go to school and recieve financial aid... ya know.. nothing surprizes me anymore..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Nobody's got balls like Hillary! I'm pretty sure she collects them.
Clint

Post by Clint »

You have to give her credit. She has mastered the art of buying votes with our tax dollars. Some of those she might run against are still buying them with donated money.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Hey Flopsie..

yep.. I know that.. followed that route myself.. and ya know how much financial aid I got for school... a rousing $50 .. wanna guess why...

My VA benefits were considered both personal income.. and income to be contributed to education... sooooo.. they cancelled each other out.. fun fun.. I can laugh at it now but back then.. married.. one kid.. full time student.. and working full time.. it weren't so funny.. ........
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”