Liberals Still After Rove

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Liberals Find the Lighter Side of a 'Serious' National Security Matter

By Susan Jones

CNSNews.com Senior Editor

August 09, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - A liberal advocacy group says it has a winner in its "Fire Karl Rove" slogan contest.

Of the 17,740 entries it received, the following slogan received the most votes: "Loose Lips Deserve Pink Slips. Fire Karl Rove."

Rounding out the top five vote-getters were:

Karl Rove: The Voice of Treason

Treason is Not a Family Value

Support Homeland Security-Fire Karl Rove

Firing Rove: A REAL Patriot Act

MoveOn.org also singled out some of its personal favorites, including: "Fire Mrs. Rove's Husband," a reference to Rove's mention of "Wilson's wife."

That one made folks laugh, MoveOn.org said -- insisting in the next breath that America's security is at stake in the leak of a CIA operative's name:

"Clearly millions of Americans don't see this as just another Washington scandal but as a serious issue about accountability, lies and real security for our families and our country," the message to MoveOn.org members said.

MoveOn thanked everyone who took part in the slogan contest and reminded them to "download your poster" with the winning slogan printed on it -- to keep the Karl Rove controversy alive.

MoveOn.org suggests that the poster is perfect for hanging in windows, on refrigerators, on bulletin boards at home, work or in the community, on gym lockers, "or anywhere else that makes sense."

"After you've prominently hung up your poster, send us a digital photo of where you've displayed it or a photo of you or your friends holding the poster," MoveOn urged members. (A similar "send-a-photo" gimmick recently was used by conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh to promote his "Camp Gitmo" line of merchandise.)

Democrats have seized on Karl Rove's July 2003 conversation with a Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper as a breach of national security. Republicans say Democrats are trying to manufacture a scandal where none exists.

Rove admits he mentioned CIA agent Valerie Plame in passing, but he did not use her name and he says he mentioned "Wilson's wife" to Cooper, not to "out" her, but to set the reporter straight on a story he was writing about Ambassador Joseph Wilson.

A federal grand jury is investigating the leak of Plame's name, and Rove reportedly is not the only administration official to testify before the panel.

But liberal Democrats say President Bush shouldn't wait for the results of that probe.

"The special prosecutor's ultimate findings about whether Mr. Rove's behavior was intentional or criminal are irrelevant," said the Maryland woman who submitted the winning slogan to MoveOn.org.

"The American people deserve more than the President 'flip-flopping' over whether or not he will hold his people accountable. They deserve to know that consequences follow when mistakes are made."

President Bush is refusing to comment on the case until the grand jury's findings are in.
BTS

Post by BTS »

MicahLorain wrote: :eek: Those damn liberals! How DARE they question Karl Rove! Do they not know Jesus is working through Rove, thus through our Patriotic Christian President!? Prosecute those liberals under RICO! Strip them of the right to marry! And to vote! God Bless Karl Rove! Equivalent to one of our Founding Fathers!!

When you got the goods then go for it dood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad you and your kind missed the eight ball............AGAIN..

Your speil shows your lack of faith in that he will be asked to step down.

Better luck next tyme.

TISK TISK
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Post by BTS »

MicahLorain:

If you were REALLY worried about national security ....... you might be concerned with these facts and not a whitch hunt on Rove....

I can name one name (and it ain't Rove) who DROPPED the ball and you might like to look into.

Able Danger, the 9/11 Commission & the Strange (But Now Explainable) Actions of Sandy Berger
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

BTS wrote: When you got the goods then go for it dood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad you and your kind missed the eight ball............AGAIN..

Your speil shows your lack of faith in that he will be asked to step down.

Better luck next tyme.

TISK TISK
I WUV Karl Rove!! Are you insulting me?? He is the Divinity, the Holy Soldier that is leading our great nation into the direction of Christ and Freedom. His smooth, supple skin, those lips, his alluring smile! I trust my government and the future of America to Karl Rove. (I heard he poops dollar bills as well!) I :-4 Karl!!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Dang, I miss Micah! :(

Welcome Jimmy! If you like what you see here, why not start a thread to introduce yourself?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

jimmyjude wrote: LEFTIES ALWAYS LIKE TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO.

HOW ABOUT I DON'T START A THREAD.

HOW ABOUT YOU STICK YOUR NOSE IN YOUR BUSINESS?

GOT IT?

STAY OUT OF MINE.

I AM NOT WILLINGLY SIGNING UP FOR THE DEMOCRATS WELFARE PLANTATION.Good to meet you too. :cool:

Tell you what. Don't start a thread. Keep your caps lock on and yell your puddin' lovin' heart out. How's that?

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”