Law of Attraction

Thoughts and discussions about New Age, Astrology, Gnosticism, Goddesses, Healing Arts, Humanism, Magic, Mysticism, Wicca, and more.
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

I have been reading a lot of Abraham's work on using the law of attraction to raise my vibration and manifest things I want. I am having some surprising results and I have never before been able to keep my energy so high.

Is anyone else here studying this stuff or already applying what you have learnt? I would love to find like minded people to discuss this with :)
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Betty Boop

Law of Attraction

Post by Betty Boop »

Hamster;1146199 wrote: I have been reading a lot of Abraham's work on using the law of attraction to raise my vibration and manifest things I want. I am having some surprising results and I have never before been able to keep my energy so high.

Is anyone else here studying this stuff or already applying what you have learnt? I would love to find like minded people to discuss this with :)

You already know all about me....... I keep putting things into practice and strange things happen, then I get scared and back away from it all. I want scientific explanations still, I still doubt. :)
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Have you deliberately asked for something and then it manifested? Is that what you mean by strange things happening?

What books have you read on this? I know you read the Secret of course.
Betty Boop

Law of Attraction

Post by Betty Boop »

Hamster;1146225 wrote: Have you deliberately asked for something and then it manifested? Is that what you mean by strange things happening?

I think I've read the first one in this series as well, it's one you sent me or lent me, I'm not sure or I choose to forget............

I get half of what I ask for, it's lack of belief I'm sure, it may also link in with the Tarot being too spot on in too many situations, maybe I just don't take myself seriously enough.

Please don't make my computer crash to prove something to me, it's going to be my turn to return the favour soon ;)
Clodhopper

Law of Attraction

Post by Clodhopper »

Hamster: You love and are very much loved in return. Do you need any other explanation for your energy levels?

On the psychic stuff I don't know either way.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Betty Boop;1146250 wrote: I think I've read the first one in this series as well, it's one you sent me or lent me, I'm not sure or I choose to forget............

I get half of what I ask for, it's lack of belief I'm sure, it may also link in with the Tarot being too spot on in too many situations, maybe I just don't take myself seriously enough.

Please don't make my computer crash to prove something to me, it's going to be my turn to return the favour soon ;)

Do you think you aren't being clear enough in your asking?

I am wondering how you use Tarot in all this too?

And I have no idea what you mean haha, I didn't make your PC crash last time...honest :p
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Clodhopper;1146332 wrote: Hamster: You love and are very much loved in return. Do you need any other explanation for your energy levels?

On the psychic stuff I don't know either way.

Hello :)

I am not looking for an explanation of my energy levels as I know why they are high. I have been deliberately raising them as per the book by being more loving etc.

Psychic stuff? I am not sure what you are referring to?

I wasn't really looking for an explanation of what is happening to me as I have been doing this deliberately. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this or uses the law of attraction regularly (or should I say consciously as it is always working known or unknown).

Wow my spelling sucks at 6am ha ha.
Hamster's Knight

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster's Knight »

your spelling...I'll leave that alone :)

I do have a serious question about the LOA....just thought of it while smoking :)

Can people use the LOA w/out being aware they are?

Example, lets say I need money (dont we all). If I just "wish" for it, day dream about having it (8th insight...haha)...then even though I'm not consciously practicing the LOA's, am I still manifesting money as if I WAS using the LOA's?
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Hamster's Knight;1146563 wrote: your spelling...I'll leave that alone :)

I do have a serious question about the LOA....just thought of it while smoking :)

Can people use the LOA w/out being aware they are?

Example, lets say I need money (dont we all). If I just "wish" for it, day dream about having it (8th insight...haha)...then even though I'm not consciously practicing the LOA's, am I still manifesting money as if I WAS using the LOA's?

Yeah best leave my spelling for another time ;)

The law of attraction is always working whether you are conscious of it or not. If you are wishing for more money that is not enough on it's on. You get not only what you think about but what you FEEL about what you think about.

For example, if you are thinking "I want more money" but are feeling scared that you have no money then you will manifest a situation to make you feel scared even more.

You must decide what you want (more money) and do whatever it takes to visualise AS IF you already had what you want. Imagine how you would feel if you already had the money etc.

This is all from Jerry and Ester's book btw, not me. I have tried it with some exciting results. Just a case of changing your words and making sure you feel happier. It is possible to feel happy in any situation. They say our emotions are a guiding system for us and so when you feel bad it is a signal you are off track and not attracting what you say you want.
Hamster's Knight

Law of Attraction

Makes sense to me...thank you :)

yeah, i'll leave the spelling alone :rolleyes:
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Hamster's Knight;1146565 wrote: Makes sense to me...thank you :)

yeah, i'll leave the spelling alone :rolleyes:

Don't go there :wah::wah:
Hamster's Knight

Law of Attraction

Yes ma'am

:yh_flower
Nomad

Law of Attraction

Post by Nomad »

Hamster;1146225 wrote: Have you deliberately asked for something and then it manifested? Is that what you mean by strange things happening?

Manifestation is the result of work. I dont know about anyone else but for myself as my being evolves opportunities arise because usually through past errors Ive learned beyond or above what I once knew.

If for example I were determined to not change my views as experiences present themselves I myself would be stagnant and unable to move with life.

Remaining open to new ideas or methods of thinking allow us to stretch outside of paradigms we build for our lives.

In a nutshell the choices we make or dont make allow for stepping upwards and outwards to higher elevations in our thinking and it snowballs or the opposite effect can take place.

The higher we can elevate our thinking the more things seem possible and that attracts positive energy. It feeds on itself.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Nomad;1146584 wrote: Manifestation is the result of work. I dont know about anyone else but for myself as my being evolves opportunities arise because usually through past errors Ive learned beyond or above what I once knew.

If for example I were determined to not change my views as experiences present themselves I myself would be stagnant and unable to move with life.

Remaining open to new ideas or methods of thinking allow us to stretch outside of paradigms we build for our lives.

In a nutshell the choices we make or dont make allow for stepping upwards and outwards to higher elevations in our thinking and it snowballs or the opposite effect can take place.

The higher we can elevate our thinking the more things seem possible and that attracts positive energy. It feeds on itself.

Oh yes I didnt mean to imply there was no work involved but for me this is the first time I seem to be able to break out of my old paradigms (especially regarding money) and see those new opportunities when I would have missed them before.

I agree that keeps snowballing, as things start to go right for me it is easier and easier to elevate my thinking and build this ever increasing feedback loop of positivity.
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

I started practicing this law of attraction stuff in the last year, as you well know hamster dear! you got me started on it. and i have learned a few things. first, you must not place you wants on any specific person. if you seek true love , practice it, believe you will receive it, with no one person in mind, the universe will provide. the first person you love must be yourself.

Get up everyday and thank the universe or your highter power for what you do have in your life..be grateful for it. what we choose to feel or be over what we have is a mind set.

Develop boundries, know when to say goodbye to those that would drain you of your energies. they are there..be it friend, lover, or foe. let go in love. move on.

Forgive yourself and others that would hurt you, but know when to steer clear.

your thoughts control your life as you know it. whatever you dwell on , be it negative or positive is what you get. the universe doesnt care, doesnt judge...your mind controls what is in your life. if you are getting negative results, start being grateful for the good you see, visualize only good things. stop your mind from even thinking about negative. move on. let go. be happy. be courageous, be free.
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

I have started back nursing in the last three months. i see a big difference in my career. i bring positive energy to my work, my patients, my coworkers. Beyond the law of attraction, i started researching the "laying of hands" and have been practicing it in my interactions with my patients. and it shows. :-6
Amber Sun

Law of Attraction

Post by Amber Sun »

guppy;1146776 wrote: i started practicing this law of attraction stuff in the last year, as you well know hamster dear! You got me started on it. And i have learned a few things. First, you must not place you wants on any specific person. If you seek true love , practice it, believe you will receive it, with no one person in mind, the universe will provide. The first person you love must be yourself.

Get up everyday and thank the universe or your highter power for what you do have in your life..be grateful for it. What we choose to feel or be over what we have is a mind set.

Develop boundries, know when to say goodbye to those that would drain you of your energies. They are there..be it friend, lover, or foe. Let go in love. Move on.

Your thoughts control your life as you know it. Whatever you dwell on , be it negative or positive is what you get. The universe doesnt care, doesnt judge...your mind controls what is in your life. If you are getting negative results, start being grateful for the good you see, visualize only good things. Stop your mind from even thinking about negative. Move on. Let go. Be happy. Be courageous, be free.

:-6:-6:-6:-6
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

You have me excited on this subject hamster. Even in my work i am often called to be the hospice nurse. i dont judge. dont grieve. i bring peace and a calm energy to my patients that are moving on from this world to the next. and i have had many family members tell my supervisor that there is "something" calm and serene about me that invites their total trust. I have had more than one family member tell me that when they look into my eyes they know..just know..everything is going to be "ok".:-6:-6
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

I have noticed that for whatever reason it seems to be easier to get bogged down in negativity if you arent careful. Maybe because we , as a whole are used to the way that neg. energy feels. Even on fg..i can choose to be a part of the happy threads or mire down in the negative ones..i used to read the negative ones and get some kinds of "pleasure" out of the ruckus..now i avoid them. I dont have the need to jump in there and break it up by being silly, or trying to get someone to "see" another way..

I picked this thread because this topic fires my soul..remember you and i talked once..about visualization..i found a visual of my life that fits for me..i meditate that i am floating on a smooth lake of water..i am in balance..the warmth of the sun on my face..the coolness of the water on my back...others can float around and near me..and we are in harmony..if someone comes near me and i find myself with the frantically paddling water ,,,either trying to hold them up or they are trying to pull me down..i have learned to consiously let go..and float..and things will turn out as they are meant to be. just float........
Clodhopper

Law of Attraction

Post by Clodhopper »

Hamster: Sorry if I offended you.

I'm deeply suspicious of claims that all you have to do is buy this book for a mere $xx and the secrets of the universe will be yours.

I'm quite sure the author is manifesting a lot of dosh....

But if it works for you - go for it. Maybe I'm missing out on something important.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

guppy;1146776 wrote: I started practicing this law of attraction stuff in the last year, as you well know hamster dear! you got me started on it. and i have learned a few things. first, you must not place you wants on any specific person. if you seek true love , practice it, believe you will receive it, with no one person in mind, the universe will provide. the first person you love must be yourself.

Get up everyday and thank the universe or your highter power for what you do have in your life..be grateful for it. what we choose to feel or be over what we have is a mind set.

Develop boundries, know when to say goodbye to those that would drain you of your energies. they are there..be it friend, lover, or foe. let go in love. move on.

your thoughts control your life as you know it. whatever you dwell on , be it negative or positive is what you get. the universe doesnt care, doesnt judge...your mind controls what is in your life. if you are getting negative results, start being grateful for the good you see, visualize only good things. stop your mind from even thinking about negative. move on. let go. be happy. be courageous, be free.

Amazing post thank you :) Confirms my thoughts. One thing I learnt was to let go of where the thing was going to come from. My scientific analytical mind always wants to know HOW and WHO it will come from as you say.

guppy;1146798 wrote: I have started back nursing in the last three months. i see a big difference in my career. i bring positive energy to my work, my patients, my coworkers. Beyond the law of attraction, i started researching the "laying of hands" and have been practicing it in my interactions with my patients. and it shows. :-6

Are you noticing they heal quicker?

guppy;1146844 wrote: You have me excited on this subject hamster. Even in my work i am often called to be the hospice nurse. i dont judge. dont grieve. i bring peace and a calm energy to my patients that are moving on from this world to the next. and i have had many family members tell my supervisor that there is "something" calm and serene about me that invites their total trust. I have had more than one family member tell me that when they look into my eyes they know..just know..everything is going to be "ok".:-6:-6

Yeah you have a very calming aura I would say, that is bound to help at those times :)

guppy;1146870 wrote: I have noticed that for whatever reason it seems to be easier to get bogged down in negativity if you arent careful. Maybe because we , as a whole are used to the way that neg. energy feels. Even on fg..i can choose to be a part of the happy threads or mire down in the negative ones..i used to read the negative ones and get some kinds of "pleasure" out of the ruckus..now i avoid them. I dont have the need to jump in there and break it up by being silly, or trying to get someone to "see" another way..

I picked this thread because this topic fires my soul..remember you and i talked once..about visualization..i found a visual of my life that fits for me..i meditate that i am floating on a smooth lake of water..i am in balance..the warmth of the sun on my face..the coolness of the water on my back...others can float around and near me..and we are in harmony..if someone comes near me and i find myself with the frantically paddling water ,,,either trying to hold them up or they are trying to pull me down..i have learned to consiously let go..and float..and things will turn out as they are meant to be. just float........

I find the old habit of turning negative when challenged is finally going, it is taking some time to entrench positive reactions as the norm but it is finally happening. Even last night on here people were getting angry and I just stepped back and did not let their reaction be mine as I normally would have.

I remember you telling me about your visualisation and I tried it too. Very good one, deeply meditated and felt SO relaxed after thank you.
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Clodhopper;1146873 wrote: Hamster: Sorry if I offended you.

I'm deeply suspicious of claims that all you have to do is buy this book for a mere $xx and the secrets of the universe will be yours.

But if it works for you - go for it. Maybe I'm missing out on something important.

No offense at all :) I often speak my mind and it can sound direct sorry. I encourage all opinions so feel free to say whatever you like :)

This book doesn't claim that or I would be steering well clear of it. In fact it emphasises the benefits to regualr habitual positive thought patterns combined with action, which was missing before.

This book is the latest of many I have studied about the law of attraction but I started this thread about it as it is the only one that gave me practical daily techniques.
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

let me see, do they heal quicker? It would depend on where you place the emphasis...and what do you determine "sick". I see a difference in their attitudes, peace and happiness...a young girl, losing her sight to diabetes can "hear" colors in music if she listens. an older person, often forgotten and overlooked by society can hold a sick baby and sooth them and find peace and forget their own "dis-ease" and for whatever reason be better..

a man that has had a stroke and lost part of his feeling in one side can learn to use his other hand..a challenge..can learn to balance..and function. its about choice..do you look and dwell on what was, or seek and find what "is". This very man i speak of, worked a manual job for forty years, thought his life was over after a partial stroke..now? he wheels himself to a elementary school everyday and reads to the kids that are challenged. I see the light in his face..and his wifes when they visit. For the first time in his whole life he stops and smells the flowers and looks into his wifes face. and finds peace in the small things he couldnt see before..and so life touches him in a way it didnt before..and he is happy. its what we choose , what we seek..how we choose to define our selves at any given moment. yes, they "heal" quicker. its only a matter of what you would define "heal". :-6
OpenMind

Law of Attraction

Post by OpenMind »

This might interest you then:

Articles & Essays Nature

It is not conclusive towards the law of attraction or visualisation, but if you manage to read it all through, you can see the basic science behind it.
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

You and i think alike in alot of ways Helen..i too , have an analytical mind..i automatically start asking myself, physically, what is causing what i see in a patient..and then i move to the energy that i cannot analytically define..and "see" what is going on there..whithout question of how or why? only in what is..

Here is a good one for you....

Who is happier?..the man who lives in a million dollar house? or the man that lives in a small rental,working hard, never aquiring anything of material value his whole life? eh? someone asked me this , a patient in the middle of the night..we were disucssing philosophy of life..at first i said the poor man..he found value in simple things..the rich man probably thinks "things" make him happy...i got popped back, with how or why do i think this? isnt my first thoughts biased on my own values and life experiences? The truth is, i dont know..
Nomad

Law of Attraction

Post by Nomad »

Try it for yourself.

Choose 1 aspect of your self that needs to be improved upon.

Atack it with diligence and see if it doesnt unfold and meld with other properties of your life.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

OpenMind;1146946 wrote: This might interest you then:

Articles & Essays Nature

It is not conclusive towards the law of attraction or visualisation, but if you manage to read it all through, you can see the basic science behind it.

A lot of that is over my head but some of it I can understand. I have seen evidence of it at the level of quantum physics before stating the intention of the scientist will clearly influence the result of the experiment.

As to remote viewing etc, the language is too much for me to grasp, sorry. I did Chemistry as you know not physics.
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

guppy;1146976 wrote: You and i think alike in alot of ways Helen..i too , have an analytical mind..i automatically start asking myself, physically, what is causing what i see in a patient..and then i move to the energy that i cannot analytically define..and "see" what is going on there..whithout question of how or why? only in what is..

Here is a good one for you....

Who is happier?..the man who lives in a million dollar house? or the man that lives in a small rental,working hard, never aquiring anything of material value his whole life? eh? someone asked me this , a patient in the middle of the night..we were disucssing philosophy of life..at first i said the poor man..he found value in simple things..the rich man probably thinks "things" make him happy...i got popped back, with how or why do i think this? isnt my first thoughts biased on my own values and life experiences? The truth is, i dont know..

There is not enough information to make a decision based on what you told me. Is the man "rich" in all areas or just financially prosperous? I wouldn't call that happiness as he has focused all his energy and intention on creating wealth at the expense of all other areas.

Neither is the poor man happy as he has not got the balance of manifestation right in his life either. To me to apply the law of attraction consistently it will manifest success and prosperity in all areas of your life, work, money, relationships..everything.
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

Nomad;1146978 wrote: Try it for yourself.

Choose 1 aspect of your self that needs to be improved upon.

Atack it with diligence and see if it doesnt unfold and meld with other properties of your life.

I found this Nomad, I am receiving more money as was my aim but I also am having greater patience and love in all my relationships and it is showing in all areas.

True prosperity and abundance.
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

guppy;1146941 wrote: let me see, do they heal quicker? It would depend on where you place the emphasis...and what do you determine "sick". I see a difference in their attitudes, peace and happiness...a young girl, losing her sight to diabetes can "hear" colors in music if she listens. an older person, often forgotten and overlooked by society can hold a sick baby and sooth them and find peace and forget their own "dis-ease" and for whatever reason be better..

a man that has had a stroke and lost part of his feeling in one side can learn to use his other hand..a challenge..can learn to balance..and function. its about choice..do you look and dwell on what was, or seek and find what "is". This very man i speak of, worked a manual job for forty years, thought his life was over after a partial stroke..now? he wheels himself to a elementary school everyday and reads to the kids that are challenged. I see the light in his face..and his wifes when they visit. For the first time in his whole life he stops and smells the flowers and looks into his wifes face. and finds peace in the small things he couldnt see before..and so life touches him in a way it didnt before..and he is happy. its what we choose , what we seek..how we choose to define our selves at any given moment. yes, they "heal" quicker. its only a matter of what you would define "heal". :-6

Thank you, that's beautiful :)
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

Hamster;1146995 wrote: There is not enough information to make a decision based on what you told me. Is the man "rich" in all areas or just financially prosperous? I wouldn't call that happiness as he has focused all his energy and intention on creating wealth at the expense of all other areas.

Neither is the poor man happy as he has not got the balance of manifestation right in his life either. To me to apply the law of attraction consistently it will manifest success and prosperity in all areas of your life, work, money, relationships..everything.

You missed the point..its the same thing i do..unless you know either man..unless you see them for who they are.what they think, what they define as Happy, or important..you cannot answer the question,not without bias..

The rich man could have won the money in the lottery and be living with his whole extended family..a life of ease and prosperity..or he could have forsaken his family and friends for drive..and be living in riches but lonely and angry..

The poor man may be living with his childhood sweetheart..work on the land..something he loves..and spend many hours with his spouse eveyday..the one thing he values more..and is blissfully happy. or he could be a bitter lonely or have low selfesteem, have addictions..or....he could be mentally challenged.and make shoe laces and be proud of what he does..happy..and proud that he accomplishes what he does, and for him, life is grand..

get it?

open your mind..............eveything we think..is biased..on our own experiences..unless we choose to see...:-6
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

guppy;1147011 wrote: You missed the point..its the same thing i do..unless you know either man..unless you see them for who they are.what they think, what they define as Happy, or important..you cannot answer the question,not without bias..

The rich man could have won the money in the lottery and be living with his whole extended family..a life of ease and prosperity..or he could have forsaken his family and friends for drive..and be living in riches but lonely and angry..

The poor man may be living with his childhood sweetheart..work on the land..something he loves..and spend many hours with his spouse eveyday..the one thing he values more..and is blissfully happy. or he could be a bitter lonely or have low selfesteem, have addictions..or....he could be mentally challenged.and make shoe laces and be proud of what he does..happy..and proud that he accomplishes what he does, and for him, life is grand..

get it?

open your mind..............eveything we think..is biased..on our own experiences..unless we choose to see...:-6

Yes I see, very clever thank you Guppy. Got me :p
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

a barren woman that never was able to concieve her own child..may think she is not manifesting the law of attraction..and be bitter..or...she could look at the children's lives she touches..not her own..but others and think she is more blessed than anyone and be grateful. law of attraction...its what we think..out of bias.of values..of personal history..of selves..and to each it is different.

a parapalegic..can think they live a wasted life..and be angry..depressed..and "think" they have a rotten life..but this same man could be a famous author..and love life.who knows..you might have read one of his books..and he could have more friends than either you or i could imagine even though he spent his whole life in a nursing home..surrrounded by people he loves..and love him..law of attraction..open your mind..;)
Hamster

Law of Attraction

Post by Hamster »

guppy;1147034 wrote: a barren woman that never was able to concieve her own child..may think she is not manifesting the law of attraction..and be bitter..or...she could look at the children's lives she touches..not her own..but others and think she is more blessed than anyone and be grateful. law of attraction...its what we think..out of bias.of values..of personal history..of selves..and to each it is different.

a parapalegic..can think they live a wasted life..and be angry..depressed..and "think" they have a rotten life..but this same man could be a famous author..and love life.who knows..you might have read one of his books..and he could have more friends than either you or i could imagine even though he spent his whole life in a nursing home..surrrounded by people he loves..and love him..law of attraction..open your mind..;)

True, seen from the view of his higher self it may be obvious that he does not need a fully functioning human body to achieve his "mission" in this lifetime.
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

Every single person that comes to this forum..comes from a different background..different history..different experiences..different values..different ideas of what is happy, prosperous, or sad or important..every single one of us view it or think it based on our own individual life expereiences and reflections of others that touch our lives.that have influenced us..our parents..our education, our life experiences..what we choose to see, too think..and we are all biased..no matter how much we would think otherwise..when a man looks in the reflection of himself in the mirror..he ponders what he sees..
guppy

Law of Attraction

Post by guppy »

oh , and Helen, i am not trying to convince you of anything..what i am doing is writing what i think..what i see..what i feel and "know":p;)

so...define law of attraction...i dare ya...lol...is it for all of us?..the majority of us?.the minority? .or is it "law of attraction" to you?...eh? better yet,,define how you know law of attraction is working or is successful..is your reality of it the better, the only way? the right way? open your mind sista!!! luvs ya..

:-4
OpenMind

Law of Attraction

Post by OpenMind »

Clodhopper, this is for you.

The day I first came across the process of visualisation I found it difficult to believe that all I had to do was to state what I wanted, imagine it in my mind, and just sit back and wait. The book I found it in didn’t give the process a title. It simply stated what you had to do which was basically to think of every detail of the object you wanted, whether this was a physical item or a quality in yourself that you wanted to improve. Then write it down on a clean sheet of paper in your best handwriting and add a date by which this was to happen by.

So, I reckoned that it wouldn’t cost anything to try. I visualised for a car. I was fed up with having cars that I had to change for another every time the MOT came up. I stipulated the make, model and mark and bodystyle. Engine size, colour, and I set a date of a year later for the car to be in my possession. I also stipulated that I wanted the car for 5 years. On this latter point, as I stated the visualisation, I had in the back of my mind that I would hopefully be moving into a new life.

After a couple of weeks, I lost interest and forgot about it.

18 months later, the money came to me and I was able to buy the car. However, there wasn’t enough to buy one from a dealer so I had to go to auctions. The car finally turned up the third week I tried. I was close to giving up but there it was. I won the bidding (though it was my first time and I’m sure the auctioneer bid me up on myself a couple of times). The only thing wrong with the car was the colour. I wanted white but the car was red. When I told my then current lady friend, she told me red was the colour she wanted.

I reckon it took 6 months longer than I stipulated because I didn’t believe it and didn’t put any emotion into it.

However, the car’s engine failed within 2 days of the 5-year period of ownership. Two weeks later, I was starting a new life.

There is another aspect to visualisation that needs to be addressed. The money for the car came to me by the closure of the firm I was working for. The closure occurred in two stages. I took the option of redundancy at the first round and had to argue for it because there were people who had been at the firm for a shorter time than me. I have wondered since if my visualisation was partly responsible for the firm’s closure. Obviously, there would have been other factors besides. But my visualisation might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Whenever using visualisation or the Law of Attraction, it is important to remember the Law of Karma. I now make sure that I add these words, or words to this effect, to the end of any visualisation I make – “…without compromise to myself, my family, my friends or anyone or anything in the universe”. Anything that negatively or adversely affects anyone or anything will require a payback one way or the other. It is not enough to love oneself; it is necessary to extend that love to the whole of the universe. This is the message of the heart chakra. The trouble is that the Law of Karma works at a different pace to the Law of Attraction. The difference between the two can be likened to the difference between electromagnetism and gravity. Thus, people generally don’t make the connection between something they’ve done and payback.

Prayers are also forms of visualisation. Because of our relative ignorance in the subject of visualisation, it is important to pray to an intermediary. If the Spirit of the Universe is taken as the sum total of everything going on everywhere, it is a good intermediary. Thus if it all goes wrong, you can blame the Universal Spirit.
Boogalette

Law of Attraction

Post by Boogalette »

I saw this thread and just had to read the entire thing. I see that it's been a few weeks, but it is still a good read.

I do believe that you get what you draw to yourself.

The hard part is drawing the positive.

So, how can I refocus, regroup myself and energy back onto a positive plane?

What do you all suggest?
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
OpenMind

Law of Attraction

Post by OpenMind »

Boogalette;1160873 wrote: I saw this thread and just had to read the entire thing. I see that it's been a few weeks, but it is still a good read.

What do you all suggest?

You can start by imagining yourself and your life as you want it to be.

Affirmations are used to change personal characteristics and are always stated in the present such as, "I am more loving, more confident,...", etc.

If you want an object, be very precise about its description.

Write down the words you intend to use for your visualisation and in a private place, state them while mentally visualising the end product. It's as simple as that.

Start with something small and build up your confidence. The universe we can see around us is nothing more or less than a 4-dimensional screen with particles making up the pixels on that screen.

Be thankful and grateful at all times for your life. And be very patient.

In time you will learn that this ability is too powerful to use just for yourself. But you will have to exercise more care when you use it for other people.
OpenMind

Law of Attraction

Post by OpenMind »

Boogalette;1160873 wrote: I saw this thread and just had to read the entire thing. I see that it's been a few weeks, but it is still a good read.

What do you all suggest?

Boogalette, this site may be of interest to you as a source of inspiration and for books on the subject:

Cygnus Books for Mind, Body and Spirit

Check down the menus on the left.

More specific to the law of attraction on the above site is this page:

Cygnus Books for Mind, Body and Spirit - Personal growth, self-help & creativity :: Mind power :: Abundance & law of attraction

I hope this helps someway towards what you are looking for. It is best to allow your own spirit to guide you towards what you need.
Daveboy

Law of Attraction

Post by Daveboy »

I just set up an alter consisting of 2 candles and various crystals. I then meditate whilst thinking of what I want from the universe.

So far this year I have received many requests, nothing big or fancy just normal everyday things that have steered my life onto

my desired path. You just have to believe...!!!

Return to “Modern Ancient Paths”