marriage still possible?

Thoughts and discussions about New Age, Astrology, Gnosticism, Goddesses, Healing Arts, Humanism, Magic, Mysticism, Wicca, and more.
Shimon

marriage still possible?

Post by Shimon »

In Kabbalah creation is more or less an act of concealment or withdrawal, (tzimtzum or restriction), of his light creating a formless void or empty space within his infinite being, into which he allowed a single line of light to penetrate.

Originally, the divine light was utterly simple but with the tzimtzum the parameters of the void, the potential for limitation and definition. In the single simple line of light are the male element with its female aspect. Then along came the tzimtzum, separating them into two distinct forces. Ultimately, one of the goals is to effect the marriage between the male and female elements.

According to Jewish custom, when a man and woman become engaged to marry, a contract called tena'im is drawn up,

In the excitement of the engagement to most people the signing of this agreement is nothing more than a formality that is done in haste to get it over with. I myself felt the same way. The first part of this contract reads:

First of all, (male name ) will marry (female name) in accordance with the law of Moses and Israel. They will not hide away nor conceal anything from each other. They will live together in love and affection, as is the way of the world..

Until I began to study Kabbalah I didn’t really understand the power of that contract. Even though I thought I did.

A marriage between two human beings is an analogue of the marriage of divine forces that is the purpose of creation .the divine light which was hidden away by the tzimtzum withdrawn from the void should be restored, and that the divine light which was concealed within the world should be revealed.

The diverse forces of creation will live together in love and affection, as is the way of the world, as it says in the first part of the tena'im in harmony with itself and its God.,

Is this kind of marriage still possible in our society today? Are have our ego's gotten so big that the complete union of two people almost impossible?
Tombstone

marriage still possible?

Post by Tombstone »

Shimon;1323121 wrote: In Kabbalah creation is more or less an act of concealment or withdrawal, (tzimtzum or restriction), of his light creating a formless void or empty space within his infinite being, into which he allowed a single line of light to penetrate.

Originally, the divine light was utterly simple but with the tzimtzum the parameters of the void, the potential for limitation and definition. In the single simple line of light are the male element with its female aspect. Then along came the tzimtzum, separating them into two distinct forces. Ultimately, one of the goals is to effect the marriage between the male and female elements.

According to Jewish custom, when a man and woman become engaged to marry, a contract called tena'im is drawn up,

In the excitement of the engagement to most people the signing of this agreement is nothing more than a formality that is done in haste to get it over with. I myself felt the same way. The first part of this contract reads:

First of all, (male name ) will marry (female name) in accordance with the law of Moses and Israel. They will not hide away nor conceal anything from each other. They will live together in love and affection, as is the way of the world..

Until I began to study Kabbalah I didn’t really understand the power of that contract. Even though I thought I did.

A marriage between two human beings is an analogue of the marriage of divine forces that is the purpose of creation .the divine light which was hidden away by the tzimtzum withdrawn from the void should be restored, and that the divine light which was concealed within the world should be revealed.

The diverse forces of creation will live together in love and affection, as is the way of the world, as it says in the first part of the tena'im in harmony with itself and its God.,

Is this kind of marriage still possible in our society today? Are have our ego's gotten so big that the complete union of two people almost impossible?

Totally doable. Been happily married almost 25 years. My parents happy almost 55 years.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
kazalala

marriage still possible?

Post by kazalala »

yep,, i have been married 29 years, and my mam and dad 51 years on Saturday:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bryn Mawr

marriage still possible?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Can two people live their lives being totally open in all things and with love and affection at all times?

The latter might be possible in rare cases but a relationship that shares every thought and emotion? I'm not convinced that any two people are that much in tune with each other that they could withstand that for a lifetime.

I'm not suggesting that deceit is a necessary part of marriage, far from it it is a marriage wrecker, but a total and continuous sharing would overload even the strongest bond.

Or am I reading too much into the question?
Shimon

marriage still possible?

Post by Shimon »

I know I would not be here today if I shared every thought and emotion. What I meant was It is their intrinsic oneness, coupled with their acquired distinctiveness and difference, that is the secret of marriage, of creation, and of life.And are we to selfish in todays society to enjoy this oneness?
Snowfire

marriage still possible?

Post by Snowfire »

Married for 34 years. You'd never believe to look at us. Lovestruck teens, the pair of us. I'm a great cuddler
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Mustang

marriage still possible?

Post by Mustang »

You bet, marriage is possible. Happily married for 41 years. :-4
Shimon

marriage still possible?

Post by Shimon »

The Talmud says that each soul's bashert (predestined soulmate) is determined before its birth. The two may be born continents apart with seemingly nothing in common, but Divine destiny ensures that everyone's path intersects with their bashert's.

The Midrash asks,With what is He occupied since the six days of Creation? He is preoccupied with matching together couples, seems to be the answer!

I am glad you guys found your bashert
YZGI

marriage still possible?

Post by YZGI »

Shimon;1323266 wrote: The Talmud says that each soul's bashert (predestined soulmate) is determined before its birth. The two may be born continents apart with seemingly nothing in common, but Divine destiny ensures that everyone's path intersects with their bashert's.

The Midrash asks,With what is He occupied since the six days of Creation? He is preoccupied with matching together couples, seems to be the answer!

I am glad you guys found your bashert

I don't know if she would want to be called a basher but been married 31 years, and lovin it.

Return to “Modern Ancient Paths”