Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

Thoughts and discussions about New Age, Astrology, Gnosticism, Goddesses, Healing Arts, Humanism, Magic, Mysticism, Wicca, and more.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

The Gnostic wing of Christianity, if it can even be called that today, has quite a few differences to Christianity and Catholicism.

If the old Gnostic Christians were here, they would hardly recognize what has happened to the original Orthodox Catholic Church or it's various offshoots in Protestantism or Islam. The Gnostic Christian Jesus would have a fit and would be quite disappointed I think. I know that this Gnostic Christian is.

The two main differences that moved the old Christians to kill Gnostic Christians and burn their scriptures was literalism in reading scriptures and the fact that the Gnostic version of Jesus was a Universalist.

That Gnostic Christian Jesus, and the Gnostic Christians of that flavor, (there are likely as many Gnostic sects as Christian sects), sees a spark of God in all people including women and gays. That fact, to me, makes Gnostic Christianity a more desirable denomination of Christianity than all the rest.

If a religion cannot abide with equality of the sexes then to my mind it is not a just religion and is not worthy of the support of moral people. Inequality is an immoral position and most of the Abrahamic cults are of that immoral persuasion.

As the superior Catholic theology, it is my hope that Gnostic Christianity will eventually bury the non-egalitarian and immoral Christian cults as their members recognize that equality is the right moral system for all to live under.

If you have investigated Gnostic Christianity, do you agree that from a moral POV, they are the superior Christian theology thanks to equality and Universalism?

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Just my opinion here, but you come across just as judgmental as any of the literalists I have ever met.

I find all the people who claim to follow the true Christian Faith (whatever brand they think is true) are the greatest challenge to my own beliefs.

Not that I fear the challenge. I just wonder who y'all are trying to convince.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1449969 wrote: Just my opinion here, but you come across just as judgmental as any of the literalists I have ever met.

I find all the people who claim to follow the true Christian Faith (whatever brand they think is true) are the greatest challenge to my own beliefs.

Not that I fear the challenge. I just wonder who y'all are trying to convince.

Just those who seek God. Those who have found one, I leave to idol worship their Godinabook.

Mostly from the bible and they end up with a genocidal son murdering God.

To your reply.

There is no real true Christian faith. There are only methods of enlightenment. All religions are just myths and Gnostic Christians just know that the way to seek and find God is to internalize whatever myth you believe.

I use the Christian myth because I know it so well that it makes the internalization easier.

Please listen to the words of the esoteric biblical Jesus and this other link for a decent seeking method and if you think it makes sense, have a go, if not, enjoy whatever your seeking brings.

Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

1A Hidden Meanings In Bible - YouTube

I went from non-believer to believer, sort of, on facts, not faith, faith without facts is for fools. Apotheosis forced belief on me. Knowledge/Gnosis cannot be denied.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I would be a lot more interested in what you have to say about what you believe than what you hate about what the other guys believe.

I've seen a lot of your posts on that other forum. Must of us here are a tad more open-minded than over there.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1450048 wrote: I would be a lot more interested in what you have to say about what you believe than what you hate about what the other guys believe.

I've seen a lot of your posts on that other forum. Must of us here are a tad more open-minded than over there.

Those links show the overall view of my beliefs.

They show that all religions are myths and that for them to do what they were intended to do, a person must internalize them, not believe them exactly but use then as a mind picture to activate the pineal gland which opens the third eye. Or single eye as Jesus calls it.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Some say we only uses 10% of our brains. I think more but not all. I think that once the third eye opens, or single eye, then most of the important parts become activated thanks to the pineal gland activating. That is what connects our consciousness to what we call God and enlightenment.

There is some difficulty involved as we do not like to let go of our mental control. Many get there after getting used to the idea. I have no idea on the percentage but I was there and I am not in any way special.

Any myth can be internalized regardless of the religion. That is why the Eastern religions have lasted so long. Christianity does not teach this and that is why they will die out.

Regards

DL

Return to “Modern Ancient Paths”