Warning for Tylenol and Advil users:

valerie

Post by valerie »

Or products containing similar:

High Use Of Tylenol, Advil Linked With Increased Risk Of Hearing Loss In Women, Study Suggests

Glad my go to pain reliever is aspirin, but there is a little acetaminophen

in a prescription med I take!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Pardon ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
valerie

Post by valerie »

:wah:

Took me a minute!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

valerie;1409061 wrote: :wah:

Took me a minute!

Messes with cognitive skills too :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

When I was in the AF, they had us in a manufactured building behind the clinic so people coming into the mental health clinic on one end where we were and the folks that gave hearing tests (and STD counseling) on the other had some privacy from the rest of the hospital. When people would come in our end looking for the folks that gave the hearing tests, our psychologist would always say "what?" whenever they'd ask. We laughed. Every. Single. Time.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

We also have a mobile hearing-test vehicle that comes twice a year at our place of employment. Many employees were complaining that the outside noise (trucks, etc) would interfere with catching the tones of their hearing tests.

In case you didn't hear me, I'll repeat louder

"WE ALSO HAVE A MOBILE HEARING-TEST VEHICLE THAT COMES TWICE A YEAR AT OUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. MANY EMPLOYEES WERE COMPLAINING THAT THE OUTSIDE NOISE (TRUCKS,ETC) WOULD INTERFERE WITH CATCHING THE TONES OF THEIR HEARING TESTS!

;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
ecyor12

Post by ecyor12 »

Tylenol Excellent for pain relief and fever reduction. Commonly used long-term for osteoarthritis, chronic back pain and headaches.

Side effects: Very few if taken as directed, which makes it our experts' first choice for over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers. If not taken as directed, risk of liver failure.

Advil This long-acting, nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) is effective for pain relief and fever reduction. It doesn't have much of an anti-inflammatory effect at the recommended dose. Popular for menstrual cramps.It is longer-acting than ibuprofen, so it needs to be taken less frequently.

Side effects: Same as ibuprofen. Most common side effect is stomach bleeding/ulcers, usually caused by long-term (three months or longer) use. Increased blood pressure, fluid retention and reduced kidney function are also concerns in long-term usage and short-term at higher doses.
spot

Post by spot »

The trouble with proprietary names is that users are often unaware of the active ingredient. When the active ingredient is lethal above a given dose - Acetaminophen/Paracetamol springs to mind, sold in North America as one of the Tylenol range - people can die taking different medications with identical ingredients and consequent cumulative effects. I have it in mind that ForumGarden lost a member in exactly that fashion, some years ago.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot;1477721 wrote: The trouble with proprietary names is that users are often unaware of the active ingredient. When the active ingredient is lethal above a given dose - Acetaminophen/Paracetamol springs to mind, sold in North America as one of the Tylenol range - people can die taking different medications with identical ingredients and consequent cumulative effects. I have it in mind that ForumGarden lost a member in exactly that fashion, some years ago.

I know that the active ingredient of Diocalm (and other anti diarrheal medications) is Morphine.
spot

Post by spot »

So was the wonderful Dr John Collis Browne's Chlorodyne back when I was a lad, before the mixture was reformulated. To quote Wilipedia, "As its principal ingredients were a mixture of laudanum (an alcoholic solution of opium), tincture of cannabis, and chloroform, it readily lived up to its claims of relieving pain, as a sedative, and for the treatment of diarrhea."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorodyne

They don't make proprietary medicines like they used to.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Health Wellness”