Alternative Dental Health

HippieMan86

Post by HippieMan86 »

Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread regarding Alternative Dental Health. I'm not the biggest fan of conventional dental health. I have a lot of fillings. I do not think it is a healthy or ideal thing. I got tired of getting all these fillings so I stopped going to the dentist but I still want to care for my teeth. I recently started oil pulling and want to learn more about Alternative Dental Health so I decided to start this thread so people can discuss this topic.:lips:
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

What is "The Alternative" to conventional dental care ?

And why have you a picture of Sean Connery in his undies as your avatar?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
HippieMan86

Post by HippieMan86 »

There are lots of alternatives that have been around for centuries. Oil pulling is one. You swish sesame seed oil around in your mouth for 5-20 minutes and it pulls toxins and plaque out of your mouth. Dentists can create cavities by simply cleaning your teeth and fillings contain mercury, (even though they say they don't) that is how they get the metals to bond together. Diet is a big part of dental health. Indigenous people that have not been exposed to processed and refined foods don't have nearly the same amount of tooth decay as a person who eats a modern diet. Your teeth are living, so does it make sense that you can not heal a cavity or remineralize your teeth? That's like getting a cut on your skin and going to the doctor to patch it instead of letting it heal naturally. I just started researching all of this stuff and want to learn more about it so I don't know a whole lot about alternatives yet.

Why do I have a picture of Sean Connery with his bandaleros? Why not? Why do you have a little weird stick figure walking through the city as yours?
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

When you find out enough so I never have to visit my dentist get back to me, otherwise I shall be attending my next appointment as normal.

I aspire to be that stick figure, on a mission around town, do you aspire to be Connery?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
HippieMan86

Post by HippieMan86 »

Laugh out Loud! Ok I will keep you updated. I wonder what kind of mission that stick figure is on? Probably running different errands and maybe going to a business meeting. Look at the picture of Connery.. He looks like he is on a mission to restore humanity in a post-apocalyptic world. If that is the case, yes I aspire to be like Connery.

Stick figure is not bad though.
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, my experience with "alternative Dental Health" is very simple.

I have not had a new cavity in about 20 years.

When I was young, I did not brush my teeth regularly. I had a real problem with cavities and eventually had four root canals, three caps, and two teeth removed.

I began brushing my teeth regularly - at least twice a day. I use GUM soft-picks to clean my teeth after a meal.

I also avoid a lot of sugary drinks, particularly carbonated soda beverages.

Now, when I see my dentist once a year for a cleaning, they rarely have to do much cleaning, and the dentist often comments about how good my teeth look.

Regular maintenance. What a concept.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
HippieMan86

Post by HippieMan86 »

Yes, I am all about preventive maintenance. At one point I was flossing, using mouthwash and brushing twice a day but was still having all these cavaties popping up. I will check out those soft picks.
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Don't drink coffee or carbonated drinks, sugar is not only highly explosive but also a corrosive. It's not the sugar content in foods persay but the other chemicals that destroy the protective coating of teeth. Stay away from processed foods.

It is not the health of your teeth that causes cavities but the health of your gums........keep your gums healthy and your teeth will follow. Don't eat or drink or smoke anything that would bring down the integrity of your gums.

there is no difference in toothpaste, no matter what the packaging says. it's not good tooth hygiene it's just good marketing. The top dental experts say it doesn't matter.

Cheapest and an effective toothpaste is Bicarb Soda, and mint essence (if you can't stand the taste of bicarb) it cleans your teeth and whitens them . One drop of peroxide 3% will also whiten your teeth and disenfect your gums.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

LarsMac;1453515 wrote: I use GUM soft-picks to clean my teeth after a meal.

After my recent gum surgery the Periodontics gave me GUM Proxabrush /Go-Betweens which are great! They remove up to 25% more plaque and you can get one for at home and travel ones.

Good advice Lars!

Return to “Health Wellness”