Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by minks »

How is this suddenly a trend? After decades of vaccinations we now see a new trend of "anti-vaccine" parents.

What the heck? How can these parents deny their children this kind of life protection? How can these parents be so selfish and jeopardize the health of others.

Here we had wiped out TB and Whooping Cough and now they are a problem again. This is criminal in my mind.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Mark Aspam
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:00 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Mark Aspam »

Minks revisited;1498266 wrote: How is this suddenly a trend? After decades of vaccinations we now see a new trend of "anti-vaccine" parents.

What the heck? How can these parents deny their children this kind of life protection? How can these parents be so selfish and jeopardize the health of others.

Here we had wiped out TB and Whooping Cough and now they are a problem again. This is criminal in my mind.Well, it's hardly "sudden", it's been going on for years in the USA, I have no knowledge of elsewhere.

Some people will believe anything. The kids are not allowed in city or parochial schools without vaccinations, so they are "home schooled", the legality of which may vary depending on the jurisdiction.

Anybody doubt that these idiot parents will be voting for Trump?
User avatar
Snowfire
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Snowfire »

It's here too. Back in 1998 Dr Andrew Wakefield published research to suggest a link between Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR) and autism. The fear run through the country like wildfire.

His research has since been found to be fraudulent

Wakefield’s article linking MMR vaccine and autism was fraudulent | The BMJ
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12925
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by LarsMac »

Snowfire;1498275 wrote: It's here too. Back in 1998 Dr Andrew Wakefield published research to suggest a link between Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR) and autism. The fear run through the country like wildfire.

His research has since been found to be fraudulent

Wakefield’s article linking MMR vaccine and autism was fraudulent | The BMJ


In a world where people still believe the US gummint put bombs in the WTC and the Pentagon, and that Hilary was directly responsible for the Libyan Embassy deaths, you wonder about anti-vaxxers?

My granddaughter is still convince that here Autistic son got that way because of Vaccines. I guess it is preferable to believing that it was a result of something she might have done. People seem need to have a cause and the cause must be outside their own sphere of influence, or they end up blaming themselves.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Wandrin »

The situation is made even worse by a couple of third rate "celebrities" that are constantly appearing on the daytime talk shows to spout their conspiracies.

Any attempt to confront them with actual facts is taken as further "proof" of the big gummint conspiracy.
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 5121
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1498277 wrote: In a world where people still believe the US gummint put bombs in the WTC and the Pentagon, and that Hilary was directly responsible for the Libyan Embassy deaths, you wonder about anti-vaxxers?


I wonder about how the lies concerning Benghazi emanating from Obama and Hillary figure into this.

LarsMac;1498277 wrote: My granddaughter is still convince that here Autistic son got that way because of Vaccines. I guess it is preferable to believing that it was a result of something she might have done. People seem need to have a cause and the cause must be outside their own sphere of influence, or they end up blaming themselves.


I have a nephew who is not only Autistic but deaf mute. I haven't seen that boy in many years. My other brother blames drug use by the kids parents for that.

Growing up seeing on TV children my age in iron lungs scared me and to this day I thank G-d for Jonas Salk and the Polio vaccine. It grieves me when I hear the anti-vaccine folk drivel.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Bruv »

I can remember kids wearing metal and leather leg braces. The polio vaccine has put an end to that.

This is the sort of 'Freedom' that in a modern society is questionable.

I wonder if Non vaccinated people could cultivate different strains making general vaccines invalid, just a thought.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by minks »

Wandrin,

I want to address your post first, you are Bang on. How have humans become such followers of ill informed celeb's???

Here where I live not only do people follow faithfully these anit vac type of celebs, but also the anit oil sand type celebs. Not that the two topics are similar, but the celeb hype is pathetic. If a celeb jumped off a cliff I suspect many followers would do the same, I am embarrassed when I hear people quoting celeb "experts".

I fully support vaccines, and firmly believe the anti vaccine is far more damaging and long lasting than the actual vaccine.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by minks »

we are all right in my opinion, Vaccines prevent far worse conditions, than causing conditions.

I too remember the polio leg braces.

I remember whooping cough too.

I remember actually having mumps
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Mark Aspam
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:00 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Mark Aspam »

minks;1498292 wrote: I remember actually having mumpsI did too, and in those days, young boys were actually encouraged to get the mumps if possible, because they would then be immune for life and would not need to worry about sterility if contracted at a later age.

I was not aware that current vaccines prevented mumps. When I was a kid, measles, mumps and chicken pox were more or less regarded as "rites of passage" and rarely harmful.
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Wandrin »

To make matters worse, we have a presidential candidate who spouts the antivax paranoia about vaccines causing autism.
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by minks »

Mark we have an MMR vaccine now, Mumps Measles and Rubella. I don't think we had this vaccine as kids (or when I was a kid some 40+ years ago). I recall standing looking sadly out our living room window watching my friends play outside on a nice hot sunny day and I was stuck inside with swollen painful pouches under my jaw. Not Fun.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Snowfire
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by Snowfire »

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6485
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by FourPart »

Why would a doctor (if he really is a doctor) need to hang a stethoscope around his neck in order to make a video?
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12925
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1499608 wrote: Why would a doctor (if he really is a doctor) need to hang a stethoscope around his neck in order to make a video?


because, without the Stethoscope, he's just a bald guy in a sweatshirt.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6485
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Why would you even join the Anti-Vac Campaign

Post by FourPart »

LarsMac;1499613 wrote: because, without the Stethoscope, he's just a bald guy in a sweatshirt.


And about as credible.

Return to “Health Wellness”