Forum Rules and Regulations.

Bez

Post by Bez »

This is a successsful forum.

It's successful because we are adults (nice ones) and don't need bureaucratic rules.

There are tools to express displeasure i.e. 'Ignore' & 'Report Post'

What else is there to say ??
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote:

It's successful because we are adults (nice ones) and don't need bureaucratic rules.

What else is there to say ??Nothing except, i love your poppy av Bez. :-4
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

spot wrote: The number of Reported Posts is miniscule compared to the number of postings.
I wasn't aware you were privy to the reported post/not reported post ratio of this forum.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Bez

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: Nothing except, i love your poppy av Bez. :-4

Californian poppies....I'm going to try and grow some here in the summer....I love the colours
ChiptBeef

Post by ChiptBeef »

Bez wrote:

What else is there to say ??
I should say something else. My only intent was to have forum rules posted. When I registered, they went by so quick, I could barely remember them. After starting this thread, I learned from Tomstone's post there is a section of the forum linked to the "Terms of Service" that includes some basic rules and regulations. I was just trying to help. Didn't mean to start a rumble.

:-4
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi
Bez

Post by Bez »

ChiptBeef wrote: I should say something else. My only intent was to have forum rules posted. When I registered, they went by so quick, I could barely remember them. After starting this thread, I learned from Tomstone's post there is a section of the forum linked to the "Terms of Service" that includes some basic rules and regulations. I was just trying to help. Didn't mean to start a rumble.

Hey Chip...rumble away. ;) I hope you feel more comfortable with it all now.
koan

Post by koan »

bravo anastrophe

feel better?

I happen to agree with the opening page on that forum as well (which, btw, I did not create) I have not spent the last 6 months writing on forums, "my own" included. A wonderful guy offered that forum to me and I regret that I haven't been able to invest more energy into it. It takes a lot of time and energy to create and keep a forum going. Compliments to you and Tombstone both. I have no ambitions to make money with a forum which, from what I understand, differs from your intentions. Therefore it is a bit of a different situation. One is a business endeavor the other a hobby.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Hey I'm just a FG newbie, (but not an internet newbie) and I would like to say one thing. This is the first forum community I've found since the first heady days of the first incarnation of the Virtual Irish Pub (no longer of interest) in which I feel comfortable, relaxed, stimulated, and in a word, happy. Thankyou Management !

Coming into the Garden is a bit like coming home from a hard day's work, kicking off one's shoes, and cracking a few cold tinnies with your mates in the kitchen. Sure, you may talk about the meaning of life, the universe, everything.... but in the main, you're just enjoying chilling among friends. (Or trying to set up a mudwrassle contest with minks.. but I digress)

Special and very much worth hanging on to!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I'm glad they're back. Yeh they both get under my skin sometimes. I can handle it. It's really frustrating when the Gardeners that don't like them come in to disrupt an otherwise friendly & on-point discussion, but I can handle that too.

Shalomar! :-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Bez wrote: Californian poppies....I'm going to try and grow some here in the summer....I love the colours
:) Tell me when to send you some seeds, Bez...............your California poppies are beautiful!
pina

Post by pina »

SnoozeControl wrote: I remember picking some poppies once... I was told it was against the law. Why is that, do you think?

DOPE! No I mean dope, opium comes from poppies. :wah:

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

One of my favourite flowers. Love the heady perfume.. I get wild ones in my lawn here. They are tiny and orange and live only a single day.

abbey

Post by abbey »

SnoozeControl wrote: I remember picking some poppies once... I was told it was against the law. Why is that, do you think?Probably because they were in someones garden at the time. :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

SnoozeControl wrote: Wrong sort of poppies, I think? California has some weird laws.
Because it is the state flower, Snooze.

*ssh, my mom sends me the seeds every year, and I have a big batch here*
abbey

Post by abbey »

AussiePam wrote: One of my favourite flowers. Love the heady perfume.. I get wild ones in my lawn here. They are tiny and orange and live only a single day.How sad. :-1
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

One day, oh how sad. My poppies last from June-October or the first frost.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeControl wrote: Its all about me. If it isn't all about me, then I can't be arsed.:)
You get under my skin, but in a different way. :yh_hugs
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I remember beautiful fields of wild poppy all over southern England. :rolleyes:
abbey

Post by abbey »

I threw a packet of Californian poppies over my mums garden years ago, and they ran rampant!

Every year they came back but more so, it was only when she moved house she told me

she did'nt like those bloody poppies,:wah: she always considered poppies bad luck.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Something about them, Chonsi and Abbey, though. I once visited an old (by Australian standards) cottage in the country somewhere and the overgrown garden was full of these tiny poppies. I'd never seen them before, so I helped myself to a few handfulls of drying seeds and broadcast them in my own garden. Now every summer I get a tiny riot of orange... each flower lasting just a single day. I can feel a sad song coming on.

Can one of you enlighten me what 'arsed' means? I speak fair American, but don't quite get that. Accountable, obviously does! grin

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

First time I ever saw red Flanders poppies was in a field in Spain near Toledo. I couldn't believe it!!! Threw myself down on the ground and rolled in them - oblivious to the black bulls also in the field, and God knows how many snakes!!!!

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

ChiptBeef wrote: I should say something else. My only intent was to have forum rules posted. When I registered, they went by so quick, I could barely remember them. After starting this thread, I learned from Tomstone's post there is a section of the forum linked to the "Terms of Service" that includes some basic rules and regulations. I was just trying to help. Didn't mean to start a rumble.

Very appropriate post ChiptBeef - so no worries! You never know if/when we'll have a new little "rules" page. :) But then again, it'll be just technical doo-dads.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

AussiePam wrote: Something about them, Chonsi and Abbey, though. I once visited an old (by Australian standards) cottage in the country somewhere and the overgrown garden was full of these tiny poppies. I'd never seen them before, so I helped myself to a few handfulls of drying seeds and broadcast them in my own garden. Now every summer I get a tiny riot of orange... each flower lasting just a single day. I can feel a sad song coming on.

Can one of you enlighten me what 'arsed' means? I speak fair American, but don't quite get that. Accountable, obviously does! grin
First time I've seen it used that way.

I've been in many foreign lands. I speak 'nuance' and 'context' fluently. :wah:
Bez

Post by Bez »

We get millions of red poppies in our fields where i live. It is a spectacular sight.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

The perfect answer, Accountable!!!

That;s the ones, Bez. Beautiful!!

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Can one of you enlighten me what 'arsed' means? I speak fair American, but don't quite get that. Accountable, obviously does! grin....arsed, can't be bothered. it's English, not yank. :)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Gosh really!!! Thought I spoke English... guffaw.. Thanks LC !!!!!

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

my sweetheart shot some pheasants today, when he sends me the pic of them tomorrow i'll post a thread. his loyal black lab retriever, rocky, didn't retrieve anything, but looked pretty. LOL
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

SNOOZE, My guess would be it is our STATE FLOWER.. !! Bit I could be wrong.. ;)

[QUOTE]I remember picking some poppies once... I was told it was against the law. Why is that, do you think?[/QUOTE]

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

ArnoldLayne wrote: LOL, LC you should know that not a lot of UK slang has much basis in any sense. "Can't be arsed" means "Cant be bothered". We say it cos it sounds good :Dthat's what i said Arnold! i was quoting Pam. :D i speak so much Brit my friends think i'm daft.
abbey

Post by abbey »

lady cop wrote: that's what i said Arnold! i was quoting Pam. :D i speak so much Brit my friends think i'm daft. ..as a brush! :wah:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: ..as a brush! :wah:mad as cheese!! :p
abbey

Post by abbey »

lady cop wrote: mad as cheese!! :p Picnic short of a jam butty ;)
abbey

Post by abbey »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Ah sorry. I'm flitting too much. I'm getting me Alan Wickers in a twistTold you, you should wear braces. :wah:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Ah sorry. I'm flitting too much. I'm getting me Alan Wickers in a twistoh no sweetie!!! :eek: :eek:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: Picnic short of a jam butty ;)few fries short of a happy meal :rolleyes:
abbey

Post by abbey »

lady cop wrote: few fries short of a happy meal :rolleyes: I am not getting into this cos it'll drive me mad as a bucket of frogs. ;)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

A few tinnies short of a six-pack?

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Madder then a March Hare

:)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:D ...

[QUOTE]"One brick shy of a full load"

"Doesn't have all their oar's on the water..!!"[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'm speechless - and that takes some doing!! Gotta go put in a couple of hours of hard graft - that should cure the hangover from last night's party - then the rest of Sunday is gonna be gentle mooching .............. catch you Guys later!!

spot

Post by spot »

abbey wrote: Seems to me, if you can't stand the heat, get outa the kitchen. :driving:Been there, done that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Post by abbey »

spot wrote: Been there, done that.You set fire to your kitchen? :eek:
spot

Post by spot »

anastrophe wrote: okey dokey, i wrote this last night but decided not to wade into this. apparently, i have to:Moi, je ne branle pas, je ne voie pas la nécessité.

If you feel you have to, dear boy, then you operate under a compulsion entirely of your own. I've never fed it. If you read what I've written in this thread you'll see a sensible reasoned position with no animosity attached or implied. If I were able to point to the missing posts I can no longer reference, you'd see the evidence. Sadly I can't show them to you any longer.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”