Dating at 50

weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

Anyone here dating at this stage of the game? What do you think the odds are of loving again, at this age? I was out for dinner with a date last night. The food was great.... the company left a lot to be desired. I wished I could have had my dinner here in the garden. Any interesting dating tales?
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
CARLA

Dating at 50

Post by CARLA »

It can be done Weeder, not for the faint of heart though...!! :-5 The pickins are slim to none in the love department, but if your out to have fun and meet others its OK.

Actually I have more fun with men about 10 to 12 years younger than myself not so bitter about life, like men my age are...!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

StupidCowboyTricks

Dating at 50

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

SnoozeControl wrote: A co-worker (48) put in an online ad, and she's been seeing the guy for about 4 months now. She seems very happy and they're going to Las Vegas next weekend. Personally, I can't be arsed.:rolleyes:

Is that where you were yesterday then?:sneaky:
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

lady cop

Dating at 50

Post by lady cop »

there is a large elderly population in florida, and many of them widows/widowers...i see many weddings in that age group! i don't think there's a cut-off age for love. :yh_flower
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

CARLA wrote: It can be done Weeder, not for the faint of heart though...!! :-5 The pickins are slim to none in the love department, but if your out to have fun and meet others its OK.

Actually I have more fun with men about 10 to 12 years younger than myself not so bitter about life, like men my age are...!! :D
That was exactly my next comment... men from about 48 and up cant seem to get beyond being angry about past relationships. This man is kind, generous, funny,and very much loved by people in our small town here. Ive known him for years. Hes really only got one thing on the brain though... the big pay off. Which I find so shallow. I like to go out also to just laugh and laugh. I just cant seem to let go of the idea that its got to be great for me to get involved. Im not selling out.
CARLA

Dating at 50

Post by CARLA »

:wah: :wah: DITTO Snooze, I just can't play the dating game for now, would much rather read a good book.. ;)

[QUOTE]I took a time out... bad mood, don't you know. That's probably why I don't bother going out.... I just don't have room in my small apartment for the corpses of the dates that pissed me off.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

nvalleyvee

Dating at 50

Post by nvalleyvee »

Well...........................I went on the internet at 48 because I could not find a good date. I met BTS............the rest is history. DO NOT let anyone here tell you they feel sorry for me - he is the very best date and mate I've ever had. It must be because at this age there are no more illusions of lust or babies or happily ever after. There is lust, frienship and retirement. We talked for 9 months and met only 2 times during that time. He moved from California to NM a year ago and we were married last July. So you go and find the man/woman who suits you and to heck with anyone who tells you different.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
chonsigirl

Dating at 50

Post by chonsigirl »

Don't give up Weeder, the right guy will come along!
nvalleyvee

Dating at 50

Post by nvalleyvee »

Clipper wrote: Love can come at any point in yer life. Stop looking for it and it will find you............:D :D

Yes - love can come at anytime in your life.........but you dang well better have your feelers out or you are going to miss the cues. When you think you cannot find it - you aren't even open to it. I know......I was a blindered horse for 13 years.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

Weeder, I think the odds of loving are just as high now as they are at whatever age. I hope I shall meet someone else but I don't think I'm going to actively look. An old friend rang me last night. I told him all about my ill fated trip to Omaha. He said I reminded him of the Fool in the Tarot, open, trusting and willing to take risks. He said that made me truly alive. Now I don't want to lose that aliveness and so if love comes along again, off I go...whether I'm 57 or 107!!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

Good morning Theia. My friend in New York expained to me on Sunday how engaging I am. I know what my problem is. I have never calmly grown to love anyone. Its always been this blindly, madly in love kind of thing. So since I never see anyone who sends me that feeling I figure... thats it. I dont want to grow old and so the concept of having one more relationship with someone who is old.. doesnt appeal to me either. I live in a fantasy world. Wanting Daniel Day Lewis from Last of the Mohicans or Johnny Depp in Chocolat or Robert Carlyle in The Full Monte. I never want Bob Jones who sells real estate for Remax. Maybe if I ever grow up, and get real I might meet someone. But I know I wont grow up, because I dont want to be bored. I dont really spend much time thinking about it. Im so wrapped up in having to work all the time... that the rest of living just sort of falls away.
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

weeder wrote: Good morning Theia. My friend in New York expained to me on Sunday how engaging I am. I know what my problem is. I have never calmly grown to love anyone. Its always been this blindly, madly in love kind of thing. So since I never see anyone who sends me that feeling I figure... thats it. I dont want to grow old and so the concept of having one more relationship with someone who is old.. doesnt appeal to me either. I live in a fantasy world. Wanting Daniel Day Lewis from Last of the Mohicans or Johnny Depp in Chocolat or Robert Carlyle in The Full Monte. I never want Bob Jones who sells real estate for Remax. Maybe if I ever grow up, and get real I might meet someone. But I know I wont grow up, because I dont want to be bored. I dont really spend much time thinking about it. Im so wrapped up in having to work all the time... that the rest of living just sort of falls away.

Dear Weeder, neither have I calmly grown to love someone. I always go at full speed right into it (witness Omaha!!). But that's fine if that's the sort of people we are. Okay, I was/am deeply hurt this time but I'm determined to experience that love again if it presents itself because it is mad and blind.

And I don't care how old that person might be just as long as he and I both feel that aliveness, however temporarily. This last disappointment has hit me hard but it is making me realise that I don't want to shut up shop and give up. And so I'm going to make big changes in my life and, if someone comes along, that's great, but if not, that's fine too. But I'll grab him if he does (leaving Robert C for you, of course).

And I think age is immaterial (well, apart from the annoying body thing!!), it's the energy we feel inside. I've known people who were well middle aged at 16, others of 90 who ooze aliveness.

Weeder, live in your fantasy world...I'll see you there :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

Thank You Theia. Its good to know there are a few select women like me out there. you know I evidently wasnt around when you discussed Omaha. I wouldnt ask you to re live any of that. It sounds like it was awful. But... I am dying to know, how did a woman living in England wind UP visiting a man in Omaha? Would you feel like just telling me briefly?
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

weeder wrote: Thank You Theia. Its good to know there are a few select women like me out there. you know I evidently wasnt around when you discussed Omaha. I wouldnt ask you to re live any of that. It sounds like it was awful. But... I am dying to know, how did a woman living in England wind UP visiting a man in Omaha? Would you feel like just telling me briefly?

Weeder, he answered my email profile on a epal site, just over a year ago. So we met initially over the internet. But I forgot to wear my black bag when we met :-5
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

SnoozeControl wrote: Is there anyway to persuade you into posting a photo of this guy? Please, please, please?

You read my mind, Snooze. I was going to start a thread entitled "My old boyfriend"...it was an image of a slug. But then I've always found slugs graceful and almost zen-like (sorry to all gardeners) and I couldn't do it...to the slug.

Yep, you're right...I've reached the angry, vengeful stage...sorry folks.
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

theia wrote: Weeder, he answered my email profile on a epal site, just over a year ago. So we met initially over the internet. But I forgot to wear my black bag when we met :-5
OOOOOh so hes like the creep bastards who dropped dead like flys when I e mailed them my pictures. First of all... if I had known you then, and you had said Omaha?? I would have told you to forget it right then and there.( NO OFFENCE TO OMAHANIANS) People from other countries dont realize that each state in the US has a very strong profile of life long residents. And each area is so so different. There are such strong religious and ethnic influences. Just knowing that you would have the self assureadness ( I think I made that word up) to go on the web to meet someone says ( to me) that you would not be happy with an OMHAMIAN. You would have been better suited to a New Yorker, or someone from California. Im thinking he was very conservative, judgemental, narrow minded, and tormented. He would have loved to have had someone like you in his life. But he knew he couldnt. He isnt up for it. He knew he would dissapoint you and let you down. So rather than let you go feeling good.... he had to take a stab at trying to destroy you. You know the old " If I cant have her... then no one will. So manly.... I could puke.
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

PS.. Wearing the black bag wouldnt have mattered... he already decided he didnt approve of your adventurous spirit.
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

weeder wrote: OOOOOh so hes like the creep bastards who dropped dead like flys when I e mailed them my pictures. First of all... if I had known you then, and you had said Omaha?? I would have told you to forget it right then and there.( NO OFFENCE TO OMAHANIANS) People from other countries dont realize that each state in the US has a very strong profile of life long residents. And each area is so so different. There are such strong religious and ethnic influences. Just knowing that you would have the self assureadness ( I think I made that word up) to go on the web to meet someone says ( to me) that you would not be happy with an OMHAMIAN. You would have been better suited to a New Yorker, or someone from California. Im thinking he was very conservative, judgemental, narrow minded, and tormented. He would have loved to have had someone like you in his life. But he knew he couldnt. He isnt up for it. He knew he would dissapoint you and let you down. So rather than let you go feeling good.... he had to take a stab at trying to destroy you. You know the old " If I cant have her... then no one will. So manly.... I could puke.

Oh Weeder, you're lovely, and so insightful. Do you know him?? I feel so much better!! I shall sleep soundly tonight, the first time for nearly a week. That's if I don't laugh myself silly before.
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

Dont have to know him. There are a million others like him.. Different hair color, different height. Same MO. It has something to do with testicles. But in a nutshell their sense of masculinity is shaky and they have a very low opinion of women. Women also frighten them. Like that Delilah and Goliath story about her cutting off his hair.. and he looses all of his strength. Also, the anger stage means your moving along nicely.. I think quiet acceptance comes next. But anger can last very long time.

I have to go represent my company at a Home and Garden show this weekend. It is in my exs neck of the woods. I may very well see him( with his huge.. bingo playing... jobless wife) It will be the first time in over five years. Two years ago the prospect of this would have made me ill. Now I am actually looking forward to it. It would give me great pleasure to glance at him with utter disgust.... and then look away. I know he never wants to bump into me... because Im the one who knows what all the big toys he had to have....... really represented. heheheheh

I nominate Snooze to join our black bag club.
valerie

Dating at 50

Post by valerie »

Victor Mature and Hedy Lamarr as Samson and Delilah...
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

Gosh, Valerie, for a minute there I thought "How did Val manage to get hold of a picture of me and my ex?" Then I realised it didn't look anything like him :wah:
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

weeder wrote: Dont have to know him. There are a million others like him.. Different hair color, different height. Same MO. It has something to do with testicles. But in a nutshell their sense of masculinity is shaky and they have a very low opinion of women. Women also frighten them. Like that Delilah and Goliath story about her cutting off his hair.. and he looses all of his strength. Also, the anger stage means your moving along nicely.. I think quiet acceptance comes next. But anger can last very long time.

I have to go represent my company at a Home and Garden show this weekend. It is in my exs neck of the woods. I may very well see him( with his huge.. bingo playing... jobless wife) It will be the first time in over five years. Two years ago the prospect of this would have made me ill. Now I am actually looking forward to it. It would give me great pleasure to glance at him with utter disgust.... and then look away. I know he never wants to bump into me... because Im the one who knows what all the big toys he had to have....... really represented. heheheheh

I nominate Snooze to join our black bag club.

Yes, Weeder, quiet acceptance seems a fair distance into the future but I quite like the anger stage...though I didn't realise I could think quite such evil thoughts! This of course doesn't stop me still hoping when I check my emails each morning...

If you do see your ex, just remember all is not what it seems. That initial euphoric stage will have worn off years ago and he will have reverted to type. He won't be at all happy...he hasn't "moved on." You, Weeder, have.
adelcity

Dating at 50

Post by adelcity »

Its like riding a bike....you never forget....just get slower....and feel more pain
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

Its an outfit you wear when men dont like what you look like.. just a joke. Its an honour to be in the black bag club.
theia

Dating at 50

Post by theia »

SnoozeControl wrote: The bastard doesn't like what I look like, he better get used to living with a fork in his eye.

:yh_angel

(That angel av isn't really working for me anymore, is it?)

Wish I could have thought of that one ;)
weeder

Dating at 50

Post by weeder »

SnoozeControl wrote: The bastard doesn't like what I look like, he better get used to living with a fork in his eye.

:yh_angel

(That angel av isn't really working for me anymore, is it?)
I guess the club nomination wasnt such a good idea?:lips:

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”