make love not war

Bez

make love not war

Post by Bez »

flopstock;510107 wrote: You never asked me those kinds of things bez!:(

I know most of them from your posts Floppy....;) you subscribe to such a variety of threads that people can get a really good picture of who you are....up to a point of course. :-4

There is a thread about TED....a real eye opener. It was easy to make some assumptions about him and his religous beliefs....getting to know more about the PERSON is valuable.

Of course we rarely really get to know people in the cyber world 100% and there are certain things best not disclosed on line, but a few details are useful so that we can form a picture in our minds about the folks we're interacting with.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bryn Mawr

make love not war

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bez;511024 wrote:

There is a thread about TED....a real eye opener. It was easy to make some assumptions about him and his religous beliefs....getting to know more about the PERSON is valuable.

Thanks for the pointer - I'd completely missed the thread and it is, indeed, a real eye opener and so good to get to know more about Ted as a person.
sallahudin

make love not war

Post by sallahudin »

Family , society and ultimately the whole of mankind is treated by Islam on an ethical basis. Differentation in sex is neither a credit nor a drawback for the sexes. Therefore when we talk about status of woman in Islam it should not lead us to think that Islam has no specific guidlines, limitations, responsibilities and obligations to men. What makes one valuable and respectable in the eyes of ALLAH, the creator mankind and the universe, is neither one's prosperity,position, intelligence, physical strength nor beauty but only one's ALLAH-consciousness and awareness. However, since in the western culture and in cultures influenced by it, there exists a parity between men and woman. There is more need for stating Islam's position on important issues in a clear way.

According to English common law; ......All real property which a wife held at the time of marriage become a possession of her husband. He was entitled to rent from the land and to any profit which might be made from operating the estate during the joint life of the spouses. As time passed, the English courts devised means to forbid a husband's transferring real property without the consent of his wife. but he still retained the right to manage it and to receive the money which it produced. As to wife's personal property the husband's power was complete. he had the right to spend it as he saw fit
Galbally

make love not war

Post by Galbally »

sallahudin;513824 wrote: Family , society and ultimately the whole of mankind is treated by Islam on an ethical basis. Differentation in sex is neither a credit nor a drawback for the sexes. Therefore when we talk about status of woman in Islam it should not lead us to think that Islam has no specific guidlines, limitations, responsibilities and obligations to men. What makes one valuable and respectable in the eyes of ALLAH, the creator mankind and the universe, is neither one's prosperity,position, intelligence, physical strength nor beauty but only one's ALLAH-consciousness and awareness. However, since in the western culture and in cultures influenced by it, there exists a parity between men and woman. There is more need for stating Islam's position on important issues in a clear way.

According to English common law; ......All real property which a wife held at the time of marriage become a possession of her husband. He was entitled to rent from the land and to any profit which might be made from operating the estate during the joint life of the spouses. As time passed, the English courts devised means to forbid a husband's transferring real property without the consent of his wife. but he still retained the right to manage it and to receive the money which it produced. As to wife's personal property the husband's power was complete. he had the right to spend it as he saw fit

Yes Saluhdin, I respect your own view of what the social doctrine of your religion is. However, I am not a muslim, and I have no interest in being one either. I am not even that pushed about being a Catholic, as I take a scientific view of the world and life, so ideas about monothesitic religions don't mean much to me, but I am a Catholic by default, and that suits me fine. I think that for each civilizational region of the world, it is for them to work out what is best for them, I think the planet is big enough for all of us to live on and share, but if we can't tolerate each others views, then we will not have a very nice century I think. I also think we in the west are getting a bit tired as always being portrayed as the big baddies of the world, and some sort of crowd of moral degenerates, who don't understand anything, we do, and we chose to live the way we do because it pleases us to do so, period. We are not perfect, but then who is? I think its also relevant to understand that there is more than one interpretation of Islamic values, just are there is more than one interpretation of Christianity. Also of course, there are quite a few people who don't believe in either religion or are Western, or from the Middle East or share any of our social ideas, so its not as simple a picture as some people would have us believe.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
sallahudin

make love not war

Post by sallahudin »

Only by the late nineteenth century did the situation start to improve "by a series of acts starting with the married woman's Property Act in 1870, amended in 1882 and 1887. Married woman achieve the right to own property and to enter contracts in a par with spinsters, widows and divorcees. " as late as the nineteenth century and authority in ancient law, Sir Henry Maine, wrote" no society which preserve any tincture of Christian institutions is likely to restore to married woman the personal liberty conferred on them by the middle roman law. In his essay The Subjection of Woman, John Stuart Mill wrote; We are continually told that civilization and Christianity have restored to the woman her just rights. Meanwhile the wife is the actual bondservant of her husband, no less so as far as legal obligation goes than slaves commonly so called.

The Qur'an clearly indicates that marriage is sharing between two halves of the society and that its objectives, basides perpetuating human life, are emotional well-being and spiritual harmony. Its bases are love and mercy. "and among his signs is this; that he created mates for you from yourselves that you may rest and peace of mind in them. The Qur'an then states; "and they(woman) have rights similar to those (of men) over them, and men are a degree above them.
sallahudin

make love not war

Post by sallahudin »

yes i totally agree with you on that. i am not trying to push anything, just trying to give another side of the story.
Galbally

make love not war

Post by Galbally »

sallahudin;513857 wrote: yes i totally agree with you on that. i am not trying to push anything, just trying to give another side of the story.

Well, I have no problem with that at all, and you are perfectly entitled to give your views, I hope you don't mind the fact that many people here are disagreeing with you quite robustly, its not that they have anything against you personally, its just differening cultural values, thats all. I think we actually all need to have more debates like this in the world, without criticizing each other all the time, as basically we all need to, if not agree, then at least respect each others right to be different. Its particularly the case with Westerners and Muslims as we seem to be in so much conflcit with each other at the moment.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
sallahudin

make love not war

Post by sallahudin »

I have never minded the fact that people should hold their own views as they seem fit. I am totally open to other peoples views so that we become more aware of each other without slanging matches. We should leave it to the politicians to do their thing, but as the general public we should just have good exchange of views, regardless.
Galbally

make love not war

Post by Galbally »

sallahudin;513879 wrote: I have never minded the fact that people should hold their own views as they seem fit. I am totally open to other peoples views so that we become more aware of each other without slanging matches. We should leave it to the politicians to do their thing, but as the general public we should just have good exchange of views, regardless.

And on that, we agree 100%. :)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Accountable

make love not war

Post by Accountable »

sallahudin;513879 wrote: ... We should leave it to the politicians to do their thing, ....
We should never, ever do that.
Galbally

make love not war

Post by Galbally »

Accountable;514572 wrote: We should never, ever do that.

Point taken. You are right of course.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”