Amber Alert Forum

lady cop

Amber Alert Forum

Post by lady cop »

i could go to moderator's forum and request this, or write directly to admin, and i will, but does anyone here think we should have an AMBER ALERT forum? i consider it an important public service to post them, it's a major thing to me as a LEO, but i think it's important to everyone who has children....who knows who reads here and may be the one to help the authorities recover a child? and it seems i am posting more and more of them lately. would anyone else be interested in following a forum of this nature? and i know there are other people here who will post them for their states, i get them directly from FDLE but not other jurisdictions. there are websites that post them nationally and there is the center for missing children, we could get updates there as well. thoughts?
Tombstone

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Tombstone »

Hi LC,

We are developing a dedicated news page for FG. The plan was to include amber alerts in this area. Thoughts?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
BabyRider

Amber Alert Forum

Post by BabyRider »

I think it's a fantastic, and very important idea. Tombstone, would the area for Amber Alerts be really visible, like on the homepage, or buried in the news page? I think it would be great to have a highly visible area, that way people poking around for information can see it readily. How wonderful would it be if we could find even one of these kids because of it??!! It's got my vote! (Is this a democracy? :yh_bigsmi )
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Amber Alert Forum

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: It's got my vote! (Is this a democracy? :yh_bigsmi ) No Babyrider, Tombstone is Emperor, :yh_worshp Anastrophe King, and i am a princess. :yh_laugh :yh_rotfl
BabyRider

Amber Alert Forum

Post by BabyRider »

Well then, can this commoner humbly suggest that the royal family has made an excellent suggestion, and I of course, will fully support any decision made by your highnesses? :yh_worshp

:yh_giggle
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Amber Alert Forum

Post by lady cop »

that's better! :yh_giggle .......however admin. wants to do it is fine with me , there has been a huge interest in the current missing child. so this is timely.
Tombstone

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Tombstone »

BabyRider wrote: I think it's a fantastic, and very important idea. Tombstone, would the area for Amber Alerts be really visible, like on the homepage, or buried in the news page? I think it would be great to have a highly visible area, that way people poking around for information can see it readily. How wonderful would it be if we could find even one of these kids because of it??!! It's got my vote! (Is this a democracy? :yh_bigsmi )
Good points. I am still designing this new area - so I'm not sure! Let me see what I can do regarding a dedicated FORUM as well.
Peg

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Peg »

I still think adding an Amber Alert ticker is a good idea along with the forum.
lady cop

Amber Alert Forum

Post by lady cop »

CodeAmber.org - The Web's Amber Alert System

Tombstone

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Tombstone »

This ticker runs constantly - even when there is no alert. And, I don't want to see an amber ticker scrolling constantly on general FG pages.

I'm looking at the email alert or RSS feed so we can pick it up and get it posted when something happens.
lady cop

Amber Alert Forum

Post by lady cop »

Tombstone wrote: This ticker runs constantly - even when there is no alert. And, I don't want to see an amber ticker scrolling constantly on general FG pages.

good point...i put the link in for those who wish to view.
Tombstone

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Tombstone »

Yes, it's truly a sad state of affairs, isn't it? I found *one place that does a national mailing list - all other sites just do it on a state level.

That makes me think....maybe FG should setup a national email list server that broadcasts alerts from all the states. Thoughts?
Tombstone

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Tombstone »

lady cop wrote: good point...i put the link in for those who wish to view.

Roger! This is a good link.
Peg

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Peg »

Tombstone wrote: This ticker runs constantly - even when there is no alert. And, I don't want to see an amber ticker scrolling constantly on general FG pages.

I'm looking at the email alert or RSS feed so we can pick it up and get it posted when something happens.

If my child were missing, I would glad not everyone feels this way. I go to many sites that have the ticker. They do not distract in any way from the forums and as soon as I see it, I can click on it. Sometimes, a few seconds can make a difference between life and death for these kids. So, I will continue to post them here as soon as I see them on other sites.
lady cop

Amber Alert Forum

Post by lady cop »

did you notice the georgia alert i posted today? no-one seemed interested, but these kids had been removed from the parents by the court due to physical abuse that led to hospitalization. i think sometimes people just don't want to be brought down by this stuff and come to FG for something light. i can understand that. on the other hand i am relentless and won't stop posting them and i am sure you won't either!
Tombstone

Amber Alert Forum

Post by Tombstone »

Peg, you took that the wrong way. We are trying to put together a location specific Amber Alert area - per Amber Alert's specifications.

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”