A writing format area

K.Snyder

A writing format area

Post by K.Snyder »

Would it be possible at all to allow the text window to open up completely to mimic a word processing feel? I realize the text window can be opened a bit but then the smilies remain fixated and it's quite distracting.

I apologize if I'm missing something that would achieve what I'm looking for...And of course it's just a suggestion. I do not have word processing on my laptop and I will be doing quite a bit of writing so I'd like to come here to do it.
K.Snyder

A writing format area

Post by K.Snyder »

Or, if possible, perhaps a way to toggle the smiley emoticons off and on...?
Bryn Mawr

A writing format area

Post by Bryn Mawr »

In your general settings make sure that your editing preferences (right at the bottom) is set to full wysiwyg.

When you reply use the quick reply, you can then grab the bottom right hand corner of the box and stretch it down to cover most of the screen to give you a bigger typing area.
K.Snyder

A writing format area

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1402402 wrote: In your general settings make sure that your editing preferences (right at the bottom) is set to full wysiwyg.

When you reply use the quick reply, you can then grab the bottom right hand corner of the box and stretch it down to cover most of the screen to give you a bigger typing area.Ok, I changed to wysiwig although I've yet to notice the difference(I'm sure I will).

Yes, you're correct that the quick reply does get rid of the smileys. I suppose I can memorize the "indent" and "Center" features...
LarsMac

A writing format area

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr;1402402 wrote: In your general settings make sure that your editing preferences (right at the bottom) is set to full wysiwyg.

When you reply use the quick reply, you can then grab the bottom right hand corner of the box and stretch it down to cover most of the screen to give you a bigger typing area.

I actually never noticed that before. Thanks.

Hah, you learn sumpin new every day.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”