Can we please get a Biker Forum

biker hols

Post by biker hols »

I have been on a few forums before and i have found none that have a forum for cruiser bikers like myself they are all fas t and powerfull bikers or racers or gangs, but i just like to have a nice chat about bike and people who like them to, call me boring but this is my intrest :-2
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Boring? BORING??!!! You gotta be kidding me! Hello there fellow biker, I think you have a fabulous idea!!!! Being the only (I think) biker in this group, let me be the first to welcome you to FG.

So...tell us about your bike, do you ride with an M.C. or and R.C., details, details!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

biker hols wrote: I have been on a few forums before and i have found none that have a forum for cruiser bikers like myself they are all fas t and powerfull bikers or racers or gangs, but i just like to have a nice chat about bike and people who like them to, call me boring but this is my intrest :-2

Sounds good! Why doesn't everyone collaborate and come up with some section names/topics?

If you do that, I'll get it in place.

Can we include some topics that address us off-road riders? :-3 :p
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I have been away a couple days, but I'm glad to see some interest. Funny how the original poster hasn't been back!

Tombstone, this wouldn't fall under Motorcycles/Autos? Or would this be more biker lifestyle related?

Flop, what is it you'd like to know? Bikes themselves, or life in an M.C., or anything?

I will go dig up the pic of Bullet on our Honda. I am putting my bike together this week, just got the parts to the paint shop today, and my saddle will be ready by Monday or Tuesday. I'll post pics as progress happens. (My bike is a Suzuki 450)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I got interested in them because of Bullet. I had known of M.C.'s and bikes, having been a bartender for so long, but had not had much prolonged exposure to them. Meeting Bullet meant learning a LOT about bikes and the lifestyle. If I wanted to be around him (and I really, REALLY wanted to) it meant I had to learn about his lifestyle.

I really love the Hondas. The one we have is a very "retro" looking bike. Everyone thinks it's a Harley. It's orange and cream, and has an 1100 cc engine, and weighs about 900 pounds. We own one of the only 3 Hondas in the club. Low maintenance is probably his number one reason for having bought a Honda. Harley's break down all the time, overheat, little piddly crap goes wrong with them every other day. Not the Honda.

I'll enjoy working on this bike, as it is my first and I want to do the maintenance on it myself, but it is always my first choice to be riding rather than tearing apart. There's enough day-to-day maintenance on a bike, as far as keeping it clean, and the chrome polished, that major jobs just take away from your riding time. Riding season is short enough around here. We don't want to spend tons of time fiddling with the bikes.

The color I picked for my bike is a very deep bluish-purple with a lot of metal flake in it, and there will be a black peace sign on each side of the tank, outlined in white. The fenders were originally chrome, but I wanted it to look more "sinister", and all that chrome is just flashy, IMO. So we acid-dipped the fenders and they will be the same color as the tank and the side covers. I also bought a new set of pipes, (exhaust) which just got here the other day, and there will be some work done to those to make them loud. My little engine wouldn't be very loud as it is, and the louder a bike's pipes, the easier it is for cagers to know you're around.

Bullet gave me my Guardian Angel pin just before he got me the bike. Every biker needs their Angel pin! He also surprised me and got my patches sewn onto my vest. I have 2 different American flags (one in the shape of a peace sign) a POW-MIA patch, and my tag patch.

I really gotta go find that picture of the Honda. I'll be back shortly.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

My version of motercycle safety is to stay off of them. I have several uncles that are into bikes. One is a member of some Christian Bike association.

One time You Call That Art? was singing Long distance relationships . . . . and the college kids would end it with the s word. Well the bikers thought these college kids were insulting the band and were like they are good.

This was in Cheyenne WY.

Lotto

http://tinyurl.com/ac72l

MagicZ4941A
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: My version of motercycle safety is to stay off of them. I have several uncles that are into bikes. One is a member of some Christian Bike association.

It's certainly not for everyone, Lotto! :yh_bigsmi

Would that be the "Riders for Christ"? That is HUGE R/C, they are everywhere!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

LottomagicZ4941

BabyRider wrote: It's certainly not for everyone, Lotto! :yh_bigsmi

Would that be the "Riders for Christ"? That is HUGE R/C, they are everywhere!

I do think that is the group:) Was bugging me that I couldn't remember the name.

There is another group really into riding with out their helmets. Riders for Justice I think. My uncles are split on the helmet thing.

One states his helmet saved his life. But the other side says he would probably not have had the wreck if his visibility not been reduced.

Lotto

MagicZ4941A
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: One states his helmet saved his life. But the other side says he would probably not have had the wreck if his visibility not been reduced.
I'm torn on this one. I do believe a helmet should be a rider's choice, as long as they have insurance that will cover them in the event of a wreck. Since I have started riding recently, I will be riding with my helmet on all the time, regardless if I have the choice. I'm just not confident enough in my abilities to go quite that nuts.

As for "reduced visibility", I wear a skull cap only, no face shield, and it just covers the tops of my ears. I can see some of the more full-face helmets reducing visibility to a point, but most say they don't. You turn your head to check for hazzards on your sides, and use peripheral vision to see further back. The helmets made now, with full-face shields, have enough "window" so as not to obstruct your view. I wonder which type of helmet your uncle had on when he had his wreck...
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

LottomagicZ4941

It was back in the 70s I was just a kid.

He slid on top of his head and even lost part of his scalp. He has a metal plate now unless he was joking about that.

He lives in Texas so I only see him when he goes on vacation. His wife is thinking about moving to WY when they retire.

Lotto

MagicZ4941A
Clint

Post by Clint »

I don't own a bike anymore but I will read with interest.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
LottomagicZ4941

Clint wrote: I don't own a bike anymore but I will read with interest.

The lurkers probably learn more then us posters.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I haven't heard anything back about sub-forums and topics....still waiting.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Tombstone wrote: I haven't heard anything back about sub-forums and topics....still waiting.
Umm...not sure what you're after, T, and it may be just myself that has an interest in this topic.

There's the different clubs, M/C's and R/C's, the "Big 4", the politics surrounding clubs, great history, etc. What are you after, exactly?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

BabyRider wrote: Umm...not sure what you're after, T, and it may be just myself that has an interest in this topic.

There's the different clubs, M/C's and R/C's, the "Big 4", the politics surrounding clubs, great history, etc. What are you after, exactly?

Do you just want a forum titled: Biker Forum?

Or do you want sub-forums? Or do you want several forums under the heading of Biker Forum? If so, what forums?
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Tombstone wrote: Do you just want a forum titled: Biker Forum?

Or do you want sub-forums? Or do you want several forums under the heading of Biker Forum? If so, what forums?
I think just a biker forum would suffice. At least until you see what kind of interest it generates.

Some of the history involved is really interesting, and there's a lot here in Michigan. This state has a higher concentration of M/C's than the entire rest of the country. I'd be happy to post current events and stories. Again, it depends on members interest. (I'm repeating myself, aren't I?) :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Let's see if this info generates any interest. This is an exerpt taken from a forum I visit. I won't post the link or the name of the forum, (admin there would be HIGHLY upset) but it's a small clue into how bikers work. The exerpt is required reading before joining said forum. (This is in regard to M/C's only, not R/C's or casual riders.)

First the purpose of this forum is to provide a unique medium for information that is readily available to you either, know where to look, or simply know............

Our goal is NOT to provide information that you can ONLY learn by going through the long and sometimes emotional process (hell it IS emotional, you are being introduced into another way of living). We will be very careful to draw the line between this "common knowledge" information and club business, or the inner workings of clubs...

So far we have discussed many topics but all must realize that this information IS readily available, but is NOT a substitute for living it! Nor, is it a substitute for EXPERIENCE! We are trying to provide a place for folks who do not know some things about MCs to simply get information and perhaps make a decision to move forward or maybe no-where, but to simply understand the GREAT complexity of the MC world. Trust me, we will not be able to provide you with the infinite knowledge that is out there......and we will not attempt to do so.

We all are learning as we go and we will still be learning many years from now.

But, I need to make it very clear that we will not even get into club business. How will you know when its club business, well it will be easy............a moderator will simply post "thats club business" its not emotional, its not personal, its just a fact and a limitation to this forum

I have created a folder for invites. You can not ask to gain access to the folder, you will be contacted and asked if you desire access, if yes, then it will be discussed among the moderators. THen you are either granted access or not....this process will all happen OFF line.........

This forum is NOT designed to BYPASS the PROCESSES of joining an MC ...and all the sudden having a clue.....as if you took a internet course in MC lifestyle...LOL! FAR FROM IT....this is a way for folks to also find out what some breaches of good taste may be....example:

You walk up to a Patch Holder of a club and ask "Hey, how many members do you have?" This is a NO-NO............and could get your butt into trouble or at the very least get a remark that you will not forget........another would be to walk up to a Patch Holder of an MC and say "Hey bro, how is it going?" another example of what NOT to do...........

This forum can provide that type of info so that someone will not get their heads bashed or a verbal lashing...........is this good, well I am all for keeping someone from getting hurt due to ignorance...........

This forum is primarily for MC members, but we allow others to enter and become a part of the exchange.............sometimes we will just defer to answer......if you ask a question and no one immediately answers, be patient, we are discussing it off line and someone will answer and the response may be "measured" ......if need be.............

Again, this forum is NOT a substitute for living the experience and we will NOT tell you things like "how do I start an MC?".........LOL! That is not gonna happen, but we will assure you its not an easy process..and it IS a serious gut check to say the least............

I am laying down some rules for the future..............and I am asking all to follow

RULES for the forum

The first time you enter the forum, read the rules and the start page....make sure you understand it...........

Then go to the introductions folder and introduce yourself. If you are a patch holder of an MC, please state so and what club you are in, if you are not, simply state whatever affiliation you have such as an RC or Assoc...whatever........this is a courtesy and allows us to get to "know you a bit", and gives us a reference for who you are..........I will be honest.........if you dont have any info on your profile, and your account is NEW, I am going to be very leery of you. If you dont post a greeting within a couple of visits, plan on being locked out. If you are locked out the only way to get in, is to email one of the moderators.

Lockouts: We will lock people out for showing dis-respect towards others, this is different than a difference in opinion, its an outright act of posting some pretty antagonistic words......the other type lockout is for those that we feel are not who we want on this forum, its our forum and we are not going to justify our action - on this or any other forum. If someone has a beef with getting locked out, they can email us privately to get an answer, but we are NOT going to attempt to coddle or justify our actions, we dont have to, its our forum. If you are locked out, it "could" be an accident, so please remember to email to get clarification

The biggest rule here is simply courtesy, not to kiss butt. Hardly.........its just to treat others how you would like to be treated.

Respect towards others, their opinions and their feelings towards issues, ideas and beliefs. Its really simple.

I think this will provide a rough outline and further intent...........

Read the start page, read this statement, go and introduce, then participate!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

jasmund

Post by jasmund »

Orange County Choppers, Yeah Baby!

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”