How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:04 pm
xfrodobagginsx wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 pm I noticed that you can't refute any of his Scientific assertions, just his sinful shortcomings in life. That's telling.
If he actually presented any "Scientific Assertions" there might be something to refute.
Everything he asserted was Scientific, but since you would rather believe the lies, you refuse to admit what he presents. I hope you realize that we will all stand before God and all things will be known and exposed.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:52 pm
xfrodobagginsx wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 pm I noticed that you can't refute any of his Scientific assertions, just his sinful shortcomings in life. That's telling.
If he actually presented any "Scientific Assertions" there might be something to refute.
Everything he asserted was Scientific, but since you would rather believe the lies, you refuse to admit what he presents. I hope you realize that we will all stand before God and all things will be known and exposed.
Sorry, but no. Very little, if any, of what he posed had any scientific foundation, whatsoever.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The very premise of Science can basically be summarised in a single word. Evidence.
The Scientific method is to observe Evidence & to Hypthesise an explanation for it.
That Hypothesis is then put to the test by giving a method of Falsification, Experimentation & extensive Peer Review with the intention of disproving the Hypothesis.
Gradually, additional Data & Evidence comes along to either support or refute the Hypothesis.
Eventually the Data, Evidence, Experimentation & Peer Review elevates the Hypothesis to the status of a Theory, which is the highest standard in Science, which means it is 99.999% certain of being correct (nothing is Science is ever 100% as, by its nature, it is always open to review).

Hovind, on the other hand, as with all other Creationist charlatans already hae their preferred Hypothesis & search for anything to back it up, denying any evidence that refutes their own claims. They also refuse to give any method of Falsification.
Science begins with Evidence - Creationism has none, so never gets off the starting blocks as far as Science is concerned.
Science requires a method of Falsification - Creationism will never come up with this as they know that if they were to do so their claims would easily be Falsifiable by their own definition.
Science requires Hard Criteria & Classification - Creationists cannot even define a God or a 'Kind'.
Science has numerous ways to date the age of the earth, which goes into Billions of years - Creationists claim it to be about 6,000 years because a single story book that talks of talking snakes & donkeys says so.

Once again, give a single claim that Hovind has made that is in any way Scientifically accurate & provide examples of how it has met with the previous criteria.

One can always hope that Hovind might even study a bit of Science from his Jail Cell now that he's been banged up again. First time for Tax Fraud. This time for Wife Beating.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 pm
Sorry, but no. Very little, if any, of what he posed had any scientific foundation, whatsoever.
EVERYTHING he posted was Scientific and based on Fact and Evidence. You just didn't agree with his interpretation of the Evidence. If you really were confident in your arguments, then you would be able to admit that simple truth. When you have to lie because you are afraid to be proven wrong, it shows your lack of charactor.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:04 pm
LarsMac wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 pm
EVERYTHING he posted was Scientific and based on Fact and Evidence. You just didn't agree with his interpretation of the Evidence. If you really were confident in your arguments, then you would be able to admit that simple truth. When you have to lie because you are afraid to be proven wrong, it shows your lack of charactor.
So, calling me a liar and telling me I have no character really does not support your argument, Bob. It just shows up your own character.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”