The Friendly Cafe - Open for chinwaggin'

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LarsMac

The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Post by LarsMac »

cars;1522023 wrote: Sorry for your furry family member loss Lars, it hurts just as much.

Thank you.

It does. When we return from an outing, I still look at the door to see if she is there looking out for us through the glass. And at the grocery, I still go down the pet aisle to pick up a pack of Pupperonis.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

LarsMac;1522025 wrote: Thank you.

It does. When we return from an outing, I still look at the door to see if she is there looking out for us through the glass. And at the grocery, I still go down the pet aisle to pick up a pack of Pupperonis.

I expect these things will ease off in a while, Lars. It is like loosing a member of the family I know. We are on our sixth dog, five of them 'rescue dogs' and we have cried buckets over five, and I'm sure we will cry buckets over Jessica our latest dog family member when she does eventually go over the 'rainbow bridge'. I have a smile sometimes when I imagine all our lovely dogs finding each other then greeting our lovely Jessie. Gawd what a pack of mischief they will be!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Evenin' each ! FG is very serious isn't it? I think we need a little light refreshment don't you ? I did resurrect 'Weird and Whacky' thread and made it a Part 2 ! Hopefully some of you will pop in and have a smile, or maybe not ! I suppose it depends on your frame of mind dunnit? Life is far too bl***y miserable and serious and, yes I know, there is very little to smile at really, but we should smile more often, life's too short to have the weight of the world on your shoulders innit?

Goo on have a quick peak at the 'Weird And Whacky Part 2' thread, I've tried to put a few interesting posts on their for your delectation !

Any way I'm going through a bit of a dark patch at the moment, so I've tried to ease my mood and make myself smile a little. LOL

Complaint to the boss - what's happening about those flamin' smilies etc. please?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Good to see you around, Gill, I always look forward to your posts.

Our latest adventure is Cataracts

The Mrs has them, and we are in the process of getting them removed.

First eye was last week. Next one a week on.

All the eye drops! four times a day.

I'm still working and preparing for our first major road trip (postponed, yet again.)
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

G#Gill;1522319 wrote: Life is far too bl***y miserable and serious

Well, that sounds like a good idea to me! always look on the bright side is my motto. For example, I recently hurt my back making it difficult for me to stand up...on the bright side, I can do my job mostly sitting!

I find it hilarious as well that the filters won't allow "bloody," which to Americans has almost no connotation at all other than a "quaint British exclamation." It would be about as offensive as saying "Jeepers" would be to you.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Saint_;1522350 wrote: Well, that sounds like a good idea to me! always look on the bright side is my motto. For example, I recently hurt my back making it difficult for me to stand up...on the bright side, I can do my job mostly sitting!

I find it hilarious as well that the filters won't allow "bloody," which to Americans has almost no connotation at all other than a "quaint British exclamation." It would be about as offensive as saying "Jeepers" would be to you.

What cracks me up, Saint, is the word arsehole ! When you write it like Americans etc. say it like "mulehole" you get a wonderful '*******' typed !

Many years ago, my husband was in the Royal Navy and they made a courtesy call to America. The lads all got some shore leave so some of them went to the pictures (oops, movies).. The film they were showing at that time was a British film about WWII, involving Royal Navy ships and German aircraft attacking British sailors, their ship having been sunk, trying to stay alive in a ship's lifeboat. For the life of me I can't remember the title of the film ! It may have been "The Sea Shall Not Have Them".

Part way through this rather tense film, the lifeboat with occupants was strafed by a German plane, and as it circled to do another pass, the Chief Petty Officer stood up, shook his fist at the German plane and shouted "You infernal blackguard (blaggard)". My hubby and his naval friend just cracked up laughing, much to the amazement of the rest of the audience. The film was edge-of-the-seat stuff. You see my hubby and his friend had both seen the film before back in England, and the American film censors must have insisted (for the American audience) that "You bloody bastard " should be replaced ! Can anybody imagine a British Chief Petty Officer saying angrily, "You infernal blaggard !" ????? I bet in real life the expletives were a lot worse than those in the original British version ! LOL
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

As it's Valentine's Day 14 February, I would like to send my dear hubby a special Valentine's Day message............................He is my best friend, my rock, my soul mate, and we're nearly at our 56 wedding anniversary ! We're certainly aiming to celebrate our DIAMOND wedding in 2023 !

H A P P Y V A L E N T I N E ' S D A Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

By the way, I tried to design a better layout BUT the buggers won't let me have spaces if I use the capital key, I can't use any of the facilities above this box, like centre, block letters, italics, colours, smilies, etc. etc. et bloody cetera !
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

What the heck is happening to this country. Our local daily paper had banner front page headlines today.......................................

"WE NEED MEDICAL KITS ON CITY STREETS FOR STAB VICTIMS" This comes from top Nottingham surgeon Adam Brooks, clinical director of the East Midlands Major Trauma Centre. It is quite correct that a victim of a stab wound could bleed to death in a matter of minutes, while waiting for an ambulance.

What a shocking indictment of the ever-sinking civilisation of human beings. I doubt that it will get any better, till this pathetic government finance an awful lot more police officers. It's no wonder I avoid going into our local city, even in daytime ! Nottingham used to have the dubious nickname of 'Gun City', now it has become 'Stab City'. There is something particularly barbaric about somebody stabbing another person, something much more personal than shooting. Exceedingly traumatic, and terribly frightening for the future.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

G#Gill;1522414 wrote: Exceedingly traumatic, and terribly frightening for the future.

I agree. Looks like I'll have take up fencing and wear a sword in the future. Well that's progress for ya!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Saint_;1522415 wrote: I agree. Looks like I'll have take up fencing and wear a sword in the future. Well that's progress for ya!

Well I suppose one has to laugh about these things eh? otherwise we'd only cry wouldn't we. Such a sad development though innit? But I suppose the UK has to do quite a bit of motoring to catch up with what is happening in the States.

Not sure what that prat Trump is up to, with his wonderful wall between U.S. and Mexico. I had a peek on Google Earth and could see quite a 'wall' already in place between California and Mexico. Not sure if a finished 'wall' would be effective or not. Hey Zap. you're in California, what do you think about this State of Emergency of Trumps? I reckon he should consult with the Chinese about that, cos they seem to be the experts in building walls don't they ? LOL
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Good night each. Another pleasant day, and I look forward to the forecast of temps. of 16-18 C at the end of the week !
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I love steel bands, and when I was in my 40s I signed up at a college evening classes to learn to play this marvellous instrument Unfortunately there were not enough of us to warrant starting these classes - one of my biggest regrets.

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Evenin' all. Not many folk in FG tonight, have they all gone to the moon ?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill;1522505 wrote: Evenin' all. Not many folk in FG tonight, have they all gone to the moon ?

Just been busy.

Catching up on chores the weather has delayed. Nephew brought up a half a steer they trimmed, and our freezer box went on the blink right after we loaded it up.

So had to get a new one bought and delivered, and move all the meat.

Fortunately, we haven't seen Freezing for a few days (not that warm) so no worry of it thawing out.

And the snow storm dropped a couple of inches. It was so light and powdery, we used push brooms to clear the driveway.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Where I am in the Midlands of England, we have only had a light dusting of snow on one day - it melted by lunch time ! LOL At the moment we have just experienced the warmest February on record ! I'm not really looking forward to the summer when we have just had a comparatively warm winter - won't have culled the insects, so there could be a plague of flies, ants, cockroaches etc. to invade us ! Yoiks ! I do not like cockroaches one bit, and ants can be a menace, although I find that a fluid called Nippon is very effective - you put a couple of drops of it on a non porous tile somewhere along their regular track to and from their nest. They scoff the sweet Nippon, take it back to the nest and feed all the others including the queen, and they all die in the nest. All neat and tidy. I find it fascinating watching them very busily dashing to and fro and stopping at the Nippon, loading up their sacks and carting the Nippon back to the nest. I'm always careful to make sure the Nippon is well out of the reach of our dog. Not sure what it would do to her.

I've just noticed the time, so I shall retire to my flea pit for some snooze. Night night all.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hi all. Not many online here again. Perhaps it's because there are various faults with the site. Must be quite a headache to sort out so that everything is back and working properly.

Well on this cloudy, miserable March 1st day here in Nottinghamshire, England, there is not a lot happening apart from the usual violence in the city, the drunkeness (gawd it's wally night tonight, as usual for a Friday). The occasional stabbing between teenagers causing our local main hospital to have A & E almost queuing out of the main door with stab wound victims waiting for triage, intermingled with various drunks unable to stand up, and lines of stretchered occupants awaiting attention, parked along corridors for hours.

I just hope and pray that if we ever need urgent hospital attention, we have the need on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday !

I hate to say this, but I think our country is rapidly becoming a 'third world country' - we've even got food 'hand-out' centres in most towns, where people who just cannot afford to buy food each day can get some from these places. All the food is donated and people manning the centres are all volunteers. It's getting more like how my mum described the situation during WWII ! There have been calls for more food donations because there are more and more people in need. We are supposed to be a fairly affluent Western civilisation in the UK, but there are more and more second hand clothing shops appearing on the High Street - the demand is definitely there. Actually we patronise one or two from time to time, and we call them our bespoke tailors ! LOL My hubby has found a very smart, expensive suit and paid £5 for it, and it has never been worn - still got it's sale tickets attached, and it fits him perfectly !

We help to keep these shops stocked up a bit by donating items that we either don't need any more, or we can't get into them very comfortably (that is usually from my wardrobe LOL ). Does anybody else find that clothes shrink over time ? LOL
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

There are even less lurking on the site at the moment ! Hey come on you lot, do a bit of posting.................................................please !
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1522584 wrote: There are even less lurking on the site at the moment ! Hey come on you lot, do a bit of posting.................................................please !

Getting more & more difficult to find the real posts. If it's not Religious Nutjobs, it's Word Games.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I think I did my bit for Maths education last week.

Whilst in the lift on my way home, there was a little boy somewhat flustered because he couldn't handle take-aways at school. He had managed with adding, but take-aways was something else. I said, "I'm getting off at the 4th floor. You're getting off at the 7th. How many more floors is that"? Then, looking at the buttons, he replied "3". Then, open mouthed, said, "So taking away is just adding upwards"?

With any luck that's helped him understand something a bit easier. Gives a good feeling inside.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Ha ha ha Fourpart. That's certainly a novel way of demonstrating take-away maths !

Different ! Reminds me of trying to teach my son about computer maths.. Don't ask. I remember using large U2 batteries, SP11s, and AAs etc. but can't for the life of me remember what I did. All I can remember is something about 1 and 0 !!!! LOL
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It's late, 12.55 am. so eyes orf to me flea pit ! Nite nite LOL >>>>>>>>>>>woosh
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1522594 wrote: Ha ha ha Fourpart. That's certainly a novel way of demonstrating take-away maths !

Different ! Reminds me of trying to teach my son about computer maths.. Don't ask. I remember using large U2 batteries, SP11s, and AAs etc. but can't for the life of me remember what I did. All I can remember is something about 1 and 0 !!!! LOL

It was the look of realisation on his face that really got to me.:-)

As I got out of the lift I could see him touching other floor buttons. I think he was experimenting with other take aways.

It always seems to be that once you can associate one idea with another that they're already familiar with it becomes easier for them to understand. I use metaphors all the time with customers on the phone at work.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I'm just so 'fed up' with all this pathetic hassle over Brexit. I've signed off I'm afraid. They will do what they want anyway. Europe doesn't want us to leave because it could start an exodus among other countries and that would ultimately be the end of EU. So, of course, EU will be as obstructive and awkward as possible. After all GB was one of the main members.

Anyway I'm fed up with it all. Let them get on with it. I have given up trying to understand what is going on. I've given up even being mildly interested. I'm a pensioner so I suppose I'm not that far off leaving this mortal coil, so why should I worry ?

There are far more important and world threatening happenings with nature, so why the hell is anybody worried about politics ? Nature could destroy the earth just like that, if the human race continues to mess with it. We human beings are a curse to ourselves, and until we wake up to the more important things on this planet and take ourselves in hand, and look after our planet instead of greedily sucking the life-blood out of it, then this planet will die.

Like I said, I'm fed up with the pathetic rubbish called politics. There are far more important and world-threatening issues to sort out. It really is about time that the so-called leaders of the various countries listened and absorbed what science, nature, and intelligent thinking humans are constantly telling them !

Gill dismounts from her soapbox and, rolling her eyes, walks sadly away with her fingers crossed.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I wonder where Zap is. Haven't seen her for ages and ages, so I do hope she is OK. Does anybody know where or how she is ?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Looks like an assault of the 'word games' brigade !

Attached files
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I am heartily sick of hearing BREXIT. Seems that every time I switch on the radio or TV there's some goon spouting off about it. Listen you prats that call yourselves politicians, the public voted in a referendum to LEAVE the EU. So what the hell are you all fa****g around at ? I reckon that school teens could do a better job, and in half the time ! Europe geezers don't want us to go so they are being obstructive and have been from day one, basically. We should just pull up our skirts and leg it out of Europe. Sod all the arguments, and sod all the mind games. Let's just get away from that corrupt, unelected bunch of gravy train addicts and refuse to pay any severence billions ! What can Europe do to us ? Kick us out of the EU ! Put trade embargos on us ? Close all the UK Embassies ? Such actions from an unaudited 'business' - so hypocritical. I'm sure we could re-establish better trade with our Commonwealth Nations.

Oh I'm so fed up with all this. I am confused, and ill-informed, and i just want this whole pig's ear rubbish sorted. I tell you now that at the next general election I will not be voting for Tory or Labour or Liberal parties. BUT I will vote ! The so-called main 3 parties couldn't organise a pi*s up in a brewery ! They are all so far up their own obnoxious orifices. I can see NOBODY in Parliament capable of taking up the position of Prime Minister - whichever party, NOBODY grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

We've just had a couple of lovely sunny days in the Midlands of England, and it would seem that tomorrow will probably be very similar. That's OK by me, but does it herald another drought year ? I sincerely hope not.

Today marks one week since our gorgeous dog Jessica had to be put down. It was discovered, after a thorough scan, that she had cancer of the liver and it was terminal. She will be so missed. We are all devastated and know that her passing has left a very large hole. Jessica was the 6th dog that we had wonderful comfort, joy and loyalty from. All our dogs have been 'rescue dogs' except the very first one, Freddy.

We have cried buckets for each and every dog that has passed through our family, as each of them had their own personality, and each of them loved us as we loved them. People who have never experienced the joy of the company of a dog, maybe would not understand how these four-legged fur bags so easily and quickly worm their way into a person's affections. When they part from this mortal coil, it is as if a close member of the family has died.

Attached files
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I'm so very sorry to hear that G Gill . It's hard when a pet dies. You probably are coming into drought . what goes around comes around on this planet of ours. We are in severe drought. My area has had a 'green drought' for about five years.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hi there Magenta, yes we're still rather raw about Jessie, she was such a lovely dog and was a very loving dog of great character. Along with the other 5 dogs and one cat, she will be greatly missed.

As regards the weather, we just are not used to very long hot summers in this country, and I know it is all to do with this global warming period that we are going through. Of course Greenpeace warned about this back in the 60s, and had people of authority taken any notice, we would not have such a big problem now. Typical ostrich mentality, but then what can one expect from the prats that are supposed to be leading our various countries ? It's all 'I, me, my' and money, money, money, and hang the rest of us.

I expect I shall be well gone from this mortal coil by the time things really get nasty, but my son will probably have to cope with it. I feel very sorry for the children that are youngsters now, and I just want to apologise to them all for the stupidity of the various governments who cannot see warning signs, and take appropriate and effective action. Very sad. It was a rather good world that we had, and that through greed we ruined it for our children.

Oh happy days ! I know that I shall endeavour to make the most of what time I have left. Sorry about my gloomy diatribe, Magenta, but I will say that I'm very glad that I am not where you are at the moment. I wish you all the best !
cars

Post by cars »

Hi All, it's been a while, still kickin here! :) The weather here in Florida, has been extremely HOT, HUMID, and Rainy, no drought here. Heading back to NE at the end of this month, hopefully will have more time to visit here.
Cars :)
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hi there Cars. I forgot that you were the one who spent the winter in the south and the summer in the north. It's good that you are not suffering a drought like Australia is., with of course it's risks of fires when the vegetation gets so tinder dry. Good to see you on FG again, take care.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

G#Gill;1523086 wrote: Hi there Magenta, yes we're still rather raw about Jessie, she was such a lovely dog and was a very loving dog of great character. Along with the other 5 dogs and one cat, she will be greatly missed.

As regards the weather, we just are not used to very long hot summers in this country, and I know it is all to do with this global warming period that we are going through. Of course Greenpeace warned about this back in the 60s, and had people of authority taken any notice, we would not have such a big problem now. Typical ostrich mentality, but then what can one expect from the prats that are supposed to be leading our various countries ? It's all 'I, me, my' and money, money, money, and hang the rest of us.

I expect I shall be well gone from this mortal coil by the time things really get nasty, but my son will probably have to cope with it. I feel very sorry for the children that are youngsters now, and I just want to apologise to them all for the stupidity of the various governments who cannot see warning signs, and take appropriate and effective action. Very sad. It was a rather good world that we had, and that through greed we ruined it for our children.

Oh happy days ! I know that I shall endeavour to make the most of what time I have left. Sorry about my gloomy diatribe, Magenta, but I will say that I'm very glad that I am not where you are at the moment. I wish you all the best !

Well I guess we should look on the bright side of things .....Greenland will actually be green one day. (bad joke I know but..) I'm still reeling from the federal election outcome we just had over the weekend. Greed won out in the end and now I don't want grandchildren anymore for exactly the reasoning you just gave about apologising to the kids of tomorrow. The Adani mine will be built and we are all doomed. If anyone wants to still see the Barrier Reef I'd get a move on if I were you. There's no bones about it anymore, it's dying and we're helping finishing it off. I too will be off fertilizing the atmosphere before the real stuff happens. Although I will probably die in another firestorm that they are predicting and have done for years.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Just to add more misery to these last few posts. In the UK we are suffering from the equivalent rainfall in a matter of a couple or so days, that we would normally have over several weeks. Needless to say, with all the house building covering natural soil soakaways, much water is accumulating (that's quite a good word !) and finding it's way through villages and over farmland, in other words it's flamin' well flooding !

Our island is far too small for so much brick and concrete construction, so when will these prats learn ? Then I suppose, as summer progresses, there will be a drought and a hosepipe ban ! It is so cockeyed and the government ain't got the faintest clue !

I am so glad we live half way up a hill !

I wish somebody would sort out the various icons, fonts, etc, on this typing page. It could be one of the reasons why we have such a reduced membership at the moment.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I'm on holiday at the moment in Norfolk. At the moment there is a very high wind, so I doubt I shall be venturing very far from our front door today !

Has anybody seen or heard anything about Zap. She doesn't appear to have been on FG for months and months. I have sent an email, but no reply as yet. I was aware that she was travelling around America visiting relatives, but would have thought she would have returned to her home by now ! I'm a iittle worried, particularly as I sent an email a month ago ! She is a paid up member so has Bryn Mawr got any information which may help?

By the way, when will we get our smilies back, and probably more importantly when will it be possible to use the size feature, the colour feature and the 'Bold' feature etc. please.
cars

Post by cars »

G#Gill;1524348 wrote: I'm on holiday at the moment in Norfolk. At the moment there is a very high wind, so I doubt I shall be venturing very far from our front door today !

Has anybody seen or heard anything about Zap. She doesn't appear to have been on FG for months and months. I have sent an email, but no reply as yet. I was aware that she was travelling around America visiting relatives, but would have thought she would have returned to her home by now ! I'm a iittle worried, particularly as I sent an email a month ago ! She is a paid up member so has Bryn Mawr got any information which may help?

By the way, when will we get our smilies back, and probably more importantly when will it be possible to use the size feature, the colour feature and the 'Bold' feature etc. please.

The way it's going probably around February 31st. :)
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

G#Gill;1524348 wrote:

I second the question...
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Cars and Saint - so good to see you both are still popping in to FG. I suppose we try to keep the faith, as it were, and hope that these (on the face of it) small glitches can be sorted. I, personally, have absolutely no idea why there is such a problem, and why members cannot use all the original facilities. If it is something to do with cost, then maybe an SOS to members for a contribution to help out ? It is so frustrating when members seem to be deprived of the full facilities of such a secial forum as Forum Garden.

I know that I would post a lot more often on FG if it was back to it's original state. At the moment, it seems. that it is just a political posting forum. That is of very little interest to me - I get politics rammed down my throat every time I switch on the TV. Oh I know that politics is important, and I know that we all need politics. However, I would love to see some MPs. (in the UK) who actually have some common sense and also listen to the public who they ware supposed to represent and to also act on the various needs of the public.

Anyway, I've stepped down from my soapbox and I leave it for Mr. spot and others to make comments etc.

I hope all members are OK and those who are not very well please get better soon !
cars

Post by cars »

G#Gill;1524356 wrote: Hi Cars and Saint - so good to see you both are still popping in to FG. I suppose we try to keep the faith, as it were, and hope that these (on the face of it) small glitches can be sorted. I, personally, have absolutely no idea why there is such a problem, and why members cannot use all the original facilities. If it is something to do with cost, then maybe an SOS to members for a contribution to help out ? It is so frustrating when members seem to be deprived of the full facilities of such a secial forum as Forum Garden.

I know that I would post a lot more often on FG if it was back to it's original state. At the moment, it seems. that it is just a political posting forum. That is of very little interest to me - I get politics rammed down my throat every time I switch on the TV. Oh I know that politics is important, and I know that we all need politics. However, I would love to see some MPs. (in the UK) who actually have some common sense and also listen to the public who they ware supposed to represent and to also act on the various needs of the public.

Anyway, I've stepped down from my soapbox and I leave it for Mr. spot and others to make comments etc.

I hope all members are OK and those who are not very well please get better soon !

Hi G# Gill, it's good to see you here too! Yes it is frustrating not to be able to add large characters, different colors, smiles, etc. And also not being able to separate the sentences to make an easier read of longer posts. And then if need to edit post for any reason, any parentheses, colons etc. in the post go into jibberish! Anyway, have a great day, and stay well. :) I can only make a smile, by using a colon and a right Parentheses. :)
cars

Post by cars »

cars;1524357 wrote: Hi G# Gill, it's good to see you here too! Yes it is frustrating not to be able to add large characters, different colors, smiles, etc. And also not being able to separate the sentences to make an easier read of longer posts. And then if need to edit post for any reason, any parentheses, colons etc. in the post go into jibberish! Anyway, have a great day, and stay well. :) I can only make a smile, by using a colon and a right Parentheses. :)

Oh I just am now seeing you were able to separate your paragraphs. I can't get to do that.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

cars;1524359 wrote: Oh I just am now seeing you were able to separate your paragraphs. I can't get to do that.

I just press the 'space down' which is an arrow tab to the right of my keyboard. It just drops your cursor on to the next line down or however many times you tap the arrow down key e.g. if you tap the key 3 times, you will drop down 3 lines. :)

Oh this is so frustrating innit ? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
cars

Post by cars »

Ok this is a TEST to see if I can separate sentences. //This is Line 1 //Line 2 This line was separated from Line 1. // It did,t work. I separated the lines in my "reply" box, but when I post it all the lines "run together"!
chocoholic

Post by chocoholic »

Testing to see what works for me.

Have spaced this 2 lines down.

Wait to see what appears when I submit!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It is strange - all I do to make a new paragraph is, at the end of the sentence I just press the 'back' arrow key, which I find to the right on my keyboard. I usually press the key twice and that gives a decent gap before the next paragraph.

I also have a 'backspace' key which I use when I want to delete a few letters and type new ones where they were. This particular tab is two key lines immediately above my 'backspace' key. I have an HP Omega laptop (Windows 10).

I would have thought that the facility that I have described above was fairly standard on most PCs and laptops. (I've just pressed the 'unsure' smiley and of course NOTHING HAPPENED ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr )
cars

Post by cars »

G#Gill;1524393 wrote: It is strange - all I do to make a new paragraph is, at the end of the sentence I just press the 'back' arrow key, which I find to the right on my keyboard. I usually press the key twice and that gives a decent gap before the next paragraph.

I also have a 'backspace' key which I use when I want to delete a few letters and type new ones where they were. This particular tab is two key lines immediately above my 'backspace' key. I have an HP Omega laptop (Windows 10).

I would have thought that the facility that I have described above was fairly standard on most PCs and laptops. (I've just pressed the 'unsure' smiley and of course NOTHING HAPPENED ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr )

Testing again, using the "back arrow key". Hit the back arrow key twice now, so this should be spaced down two spaces.
cars

Post by cars »

cars;1524398 wrote: Testing again, using the "back arrow key". Hit the back arrow key twice now, so this should be spaced down two spaces.

It didn't work, I'll just live with all lines running together.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

cars;1524398 wrote: Testing again, using the "back arrow key". Hit the back arrow key twice now, so this should be spaced down two spaces.

I don't understand this bit about the "back arrow key"

If I press the "ENTER" key, I get a new line.

Pretty much how it is supposed to work

None of the extra stuff works, like smilies and Bold/Italics,Underline, or special formatting works, but basic text stuff does.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

LarsMac;1524401 wrote: I don't understand this bit about the "back arrow key"

None of the extra stuff works, like smilies and Bold/Italics,Underline, or special formatting works, but basic text stuff does.

The Enter key is what I was usimg before trying the back arrow key, neither worked!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

LarsMac;1524401 wrote: I don't understand this bit about the "back arrow key"

Hiya LarsMac! Hope you and yours are OK.

Sorry for the confusion, I did mean the 'ENTER' key (well it has an arrow pointing back LOL ). Anyway it seems cars has tried either so maybe he has a fault somewhere on his PC ? Or maybe check 'Settings' ?

Return to “General Chit Chat”