Mirrors

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Re: Mirrors

Post by magentaflame »

Hope6 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 pm
spot wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:26 pm
magentaflame wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 pm I was told as a kid to never go out with a man that needs a mirror more than you do. :D
I won't have them in the house.
Spot are you a vampire? :twisted:
oooh interesting
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 pm I was told as a kid to never go out with a man that needs a mirror more than you do. :D
You’re very close :-p
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 am
When I was younger I was described as a man about town who tended to be more social after dark, though I was invariably home before dawn. Vampire is such a down-market term.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

magentaflame wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:41 pm
oooh interesting
Isn't it though? I wonder if I'm on to something! 8-)
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 am
When I was younger I was described as a man about town who tended to be more social after dark, though I was invariably home before dawn. Vampire is such a down-market term.
Oh more social after dark, I may have found you out! vampires don't like mirrors, that was my first clue! :lol: What does that mean down-market term?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Hope6 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Oh more social after dark, I may have found you out! vampires don't like mirrors, that was my first clue! :lol: What does that mean down-market term?
He’s trying to be posh - claiming that vampires live in trailers but the werwolves he once resembled live in haunted castles
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:04 pm

He’s trying to be posh - claiming that vampires live in trailers but the werwolves he once resembled live in haunted castles
:lol: :lol: this is getting more interesting by the minute! :lol: :lol:
spot

Post by spot »

Hope6 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:35 pm

It is purely a coincidence that I happen, in recent years, to live in a draughty unheated Hall, but that's what he's getting at there. I watched the 1922 movie Nosferatu with my son a few months back and he made much the same comments.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:34 am

It is purely a coincidence that I happen, in recent years, to live in a draughty unheated Hall, but that's what he's getting at there. I watched the 1922 movie Nosferatu with my son a few months back and he made much the same comments.
That and the hirsute appearance during the patriarch period :-)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

A hyena in the Alps.....loving it.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:44 pm A hyena in the Alps.....loving it.
Not sure now if it was the patriarch period or the Permian
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:22 pm
magentaflame wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:44 pm A hyena in the Alps.....loving it.

Not sure now if it was the patriarch period or the Permian
Aurignacian apparently :lol:
spot

Post by spot »

I'm still here you know.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:45 pm I'm still here you know.
That film has a lot to answer for.
cars

Post by cars »

For the brave at heart! Dare to take the Bloody Mary mirror challenge.

There is a Bloody Mary Mirror Folklore

When it comes to creepy facts about mirrors, none can beat the mirror folklore of Bloody Mary.

A myth that separates the wimpish out in ourselves, it is said that if you chant ‘Bloody Mary’ 13 times in a dark room while looking at the mirror, she will appear.

This myth dates back to 1978 and is believed to call upon a vengeful spirit, just a creepy folklore fact about mirrors.
Cars :)
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

spot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:34 am

I prefer vampire movies where the vampires don't look so creepy!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

cars wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm For the brave at heart! Dare to take the Bloody Mary mirror challenge.

When it comes to creepy facts about mirrors, none can beat the mirror folklore of Bloody Mary.

A myth that separates the wimpish out in ourselves, it is said that if you chant ‘Bloody Mary’ 13 times in a dark room while looking at the mirror, she will appear.

This myth dates back to 1978 and is believed to call upon a vengeful spirit, just a creepy folklore fact about mirrors.
I tried it and only called myself by the looks of things. My name is a form of Margret /mary/ etc. ......I didn't see anyone else so I must be the vengeful spirit. :lol:
cars

Post by cars »

magentaflame wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 pm
cars wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm For the brave at heart! Dare to take the Bloody Mary mirror challenge.

I tried it and only called myself by the looks of things. My name is a form of Margret /mary/ etc. ......I didn't see anyone else so I must be the vengeful spirit. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cars

Post by cars »

Uh OH, Potential seven years bad luck, I accidentially dropped (broke) a mirror yesterday! :shock:
spot

Post by spot »

cars wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 am Uh OH, Potential seven years bad luck, I accidentially dropped (broke) a mirror yesterday! :shock:
Make sure you brush first and hoover wherever the slivers might have reached. Hunt for reflections with a torch but stick to using the hoover when you find bits.

Removing the dreaded curse involves burning a candle in the same building at midnight. I'd use the kitchen for safety and find a small candle. It is said by some that the candle should have lain overnight in the bed of a holy mendicant but they're hard to find and in my opinion the story started out different to that and got corrupted.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Hoovering is good....sticky tape is better though. .....I think you guys call it cello tape or something? If you get the 2 inch packing tape it works a treat.
cars

Post by cars »

My neighbor had a "built in" mirror on his living room wall.

He "painted" it cause he was tired of seeing himself, everytime he went into the toom.

Actually he painted the whole wall too, and it didn't look bad at all!
spot

Post by spot »

I walked past a mirror earlier in the week. I'm trying to remember where but it's not in my mind at the moment. I'm far hairier than I had thought.

It wasn't in a house because I've not been in anyone's house. I expect it must have been in a shop. Or maybe I dreamt it, in which case I might not be that hairy after all.
cars

Post by cars »

Anyone remember the days, when having a "Rear View Mirror" in you car was a "optional add on" accessory? :o
So were "Side View Mirrors"!
spot

Post by spot »

And indicators. I recall having to learn hand signs.
cars

Post by cars »

I used to mount stylish mirrors, one on both front fenders on my cars. Oh the good ole days! :)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:32 pm Anyone remember the days, when having a "Rear View Mirror" in you car was a "optional add on" accessory? :o
So were "Side View Mirrors"!
The days when you were surprised to see another car on the road.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:44 pm And indicators. I recall having to learn hand signs.
When we were taking Drivers' Education classes, we had to do the hand signals, even though the car had turn lights.
I already knew them, since I learned to drive on Grandpa's old Ford PickUp.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Post by cars »

LarsMac wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:30 pm
spot wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:44 pm And indicators. I recall having to learn hand signs.
When we were taking Drivers' Education classes, we had to do the hand signals, even though the car had turn lights.
I already knew them, since I learned to drive on Grandpa's old Ford PickUp.
A few years ago, one of the directional turn light "bulbs" on my car had burned out, and I had to use hand signals to make a right hand turn.
What a PIA (got lazy) having to open the window every time to make a right hand turn, until I was able to get a new bulb. (LT light worked.)
cars

Post by cars »

My neighbor (female, lives alone) heard I was going to our local "Home goods store", and asked me if I could get her a full length mirror, I said sure.

I got and gave her the mirror, IT DIDN'T BREAK! :)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The house I moved into has mirrors on the back of all the bedroom and bathroom doors.
Its awful. Two years ago I was okay, but in the last year I've grown old and beginning to look like my mother. The menapausal weight gain I can't seem to shift.

Giving up smoking hasn't helped. Stress too apparently.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Without my mirror over the bath sink, I'd likely not realize how badly I need a shave before I go out in public.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

This is why we have a selfie mode on our phones, Lars.

Not that I'm partial to its use, mind. But allow me to demonstrate. One moment...

john-self-smaller.jpg
john-self-smaller.jpg (157.66 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:44 am This is why we have a selfie mode on our phones, Lars.

Not that I'm partial to its use, mind. But allow me to demonstrate. One moment...

john-self-smaller.jpg
Shave and a haircut......you'd scrub up alright
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:44 am This is why we have a selfie mode on our phones, Lars.

john-self-smaller.jpg
And that's just overnight growth.
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:58 pm And that's just overnight growth.
You'll have noticed it was a full moon then.
cars

Post by cars »

I bought a "picture frame" mirror today, to hide a new electric circuit breaker box that has a "dimple " in the middle of it.
Mirror is too big, it has to be returned! Damn! (I should have measured the CB box first, but I was in Home Goods Store and saw what I wanted, and just bought it)
spot

Post by spot »

Cindy knows how - https://www.diybeautify.com/2015/07/how ... cover.html

My approach would be a bird cage with those things that aren't parrots. Not canaries. Budgie, that's the one. And a cuttlefish.
cars

Post by cars »

All good ideas, but . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . the wife likes a mirror
theia

Post by theia »

Just testing to see if I’m logged in. It seems I am
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Post by spot »

And a welcome sight too.

Just so I know, did you get an email from the system yesterday?
theia

Post by theia »

Yes, I did. Thank you
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Return to “General Chit Chat”