Doing time

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LarsMac

Re: Doing time

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:05 pm You two are so cute. You sound like a couple of Grey Nomads. :D
:?
I suppose that is what we are.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 pm
magentaflame wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:05 pm You two are so cute. You sound like a couple of Grey Nomads. :D
:?
I suppose that is what we are.
:lol:
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
cars

Post by cars »

cars wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:59 pm
cars wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 pm
cars wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:13 pm Currently I'm still doing time, still mostly "sheltering in place", waiting till 3/9/21 when I get my "second' covid shot, and then have to wait 10 to 14 more days after that to become immune to the Covid-19 virus!
It has been said, even after all that, I still will need to wear mask, and social distance to protect others in case I may be carrying the virus!

So today I was able to make plans to return (Fly back) to NE at the end of April, now that we will be protected by the Covid vaccine! Yea!

It's going to be strange going back, since it will be close to 1-1/2 years that we have been away, we were never gone more than 6 months.
It's still too cold to return any sooner. NE even in May, temps will only be in the 50's / 60's.
Well got my second shot late this afternoon, so far so good. Don't want to say too much until I see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow morning.
But mentally feeling, it feels "liberating"!!! About time!

Ok yesterday was two weeks after my second shot! So now we're supposed to be fully protected from Covid-19.

And yesterday I finally got my haircut from a professional barber, the last one I had was early February "2020" due to the pandemic! I feel 2 pounds lighter! :lol:
Cars :)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

As Of last night......no more masks! People can gather again without limits to numbers. Woohoo!

Don't worry we all know it could go pear shaped again. Brisbane went into melt down because of another case and football goers were told to go home after the first quarter.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:23 pm As Of last night......no more masks! People can gather again without limits to numbers. Woohoo!

Don't worry we all know it could go pear shaped again. Brisbane went into melt down because of another case and football goers were told to go home after the first quarter.
The Australian achievement has to be compared with the position in the UK, where the news that our Covid deaths per week is now down to 489 was greeted with applause. We are a delusional nation led by a delusional administration.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

In the region in which we live, quite rural, I've notice a trend with people.
Every time cases increase, the authorities increase restrictions, and people wear masks and try to stay distant from others.
After a while new cases counts reduce, and authorities announce those numbers, people relax and start going about their business, shops stop holding to the requirements for masks, and store get more crowded, and a couple weeks later, the case counts start rising again.

It just seems so obvious to me, but authorities don't seem to be catching on.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:35 pm In the region in which we live, quite rural, I've notice a trend with people.
Every time cases increase, the authorities increase restrictions, and people wear masks and try to stay distant from others.
After a while new cases counts reduce, and authorities announce those numbers, people relax and start going about their business, shops stop holding to the requirements for masks, and store get more crowded, and a couple weeks later, the case counts start rising again.

It just seems so obvious to me, but authorities don't seem to be catching on.
We've worn masks since early last year. That's the only thing that didn't change. We still have to sign in to pubs and restaurants .
Brisbane is going into lockdown again. Case has got into the community poor things. Unfortunately they had a sporting event in which Victorians attended. God I hope they havent brought it back with them.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Had to go to the Post office to collect mail. Another guy came in and I stood back for him to pass within a safe distance.
He said, " you don't have to worry about me. I'm vaccinated."
I coughed and said I'm not." He backed off.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:09 pm Had to go to the Post office to collect mail. Another guy came in and I stood back for him to pass within a safe distance.
He said, " you don't have to worry about me. I'm vaccinated."
I coughed and said I'm not." He backed off.
hee hee hee.

They don't know yet if the vaccine stops you from spreading it yet, the studies haven't been done.

Return to “General Chit Chat”