Home based businesses

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Clint

Home based businesses

Post by Clint »

This new “home based business” thing is becoming more and more intriguing to me. Does anyone know if any of them actually work? I hear they have a high rate of failure.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
anastrophe

Home based businesses

Post by anastrophe »

Clint wrote: This new “home based business” thing is becoming more and more intriguing to me. Does anyone know if any of them actually work? I hear they have a high rate of failure.

they work great for the people selling the 'starter' kits. for everyone else (their customers), they're just a fast way to throw away from $24 to $240.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Clint

Home based businesses

Post by Clint »

anastrophe wrote: they work great for the people selling the 'starter' kits. for everyone else (their customers), they're just a fast way to throw away from $24 to $240.

I came across one that wanted $1495 to get started. They came right out and said the profit was $1,000 on each sign up and that's how the money is made. It didn't look legal and it sure didn't feel right, so I bowed out.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Betty Boop

Home based businesses

Post by Betty Boop »

Don't even go there. Please..

My freind here in the UK has been suckered in, she claims she is making money, I hope so, but I know she has invested a lot of money and time in something that is basically a pyramid.

I very nearly joined one company, then I found out the products they were selling are banned in Canada, which led me to do some research on the 'net', the results were not nice.

Take a look at this site:

www.mlmsurvivor.com
gmc

Home based businesses

Post by gmc »

follow the money, if you have to buy stock up front rather than order just as you need, don't go there. If making money depends on building up a network rather than selling a product be careful. Amway was one of the worst, their products may be good but are too expensive for what they are, they've changes their name in the UK. I've only ever met one that made money but plenty distributors that want to talk about a business opportunity but won't tell you exactly what it is without a two hour presentation.
john8pies

Home based businesses

Post by john8pies »

Generally speaking, but not exclusively, I think you will find that the MLM thing is designed to ensure that only the top couple of `pyramids` make all the money, and by the time that it filters down to those poor folk at the bottom, there is no money left to be made.

To quote an imaginary example, if they say, for example, you only need to sign up 5 other people to make a profit, and this carries on the `downline`, then those 5 people will need to sign up 5x5 =25, and those 25 will need to sign up 25x5= 125 and those 125 need to sign up 125x5= 625 and then it become 625x5 = over THREE THOUSAND RECRUITS and this is only at the fifth level down! Before too long you`d need to sign up everybody in the country or whatever - and at the same time everybody else in the country is also trying to sign up everybody else :-3 !!!
Clint

Home based businesses

Post by Clint »

Does anyone know of a solid home based business? I’m not out to get rich (it would be OK though) and I have no desire to solicit business from my friends.
gmc

Home based businesses

Post by gmc »

Best one I've seen in UK is kleeneze-basically it's door to door selling but the only stock you buy is what you have sold you can see where the money is being made and it's hard graft. You must have something similar in the states.

Other than that how about consultancy of some kind? Know a couple IT guys that are now building up good businesses, they are good at what they do the key is building up a customer base. most of the busines growth is in sme's there is a demand for bespoke software and IT support
LottomagicZ4941

Home based businesses

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

I hate how people get front end loaded.

I like Lotto Magic's 50% on team captins which means that people who join can be making money quickly and we do it with out front end loading people.

And Clint if you don't want to pester family and friends we have post cards and flyers as well as a free website for recruiting.

Due to having a kid and thus not as much time to goof around on the computer I'm going to be doing some pay per click advertizing.

LottoMagicZ4941A

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... me-344.com

PS if your sick of clicking on links call 1-877-526-6957 ID Z4941A for free info on a great opportunity
devist8me

Home based businesses

Post by devist8me »

I friend of mine sold Amway for years, more as a supplement to his regular job. He worked in a factory making good money/benefits/etc. Someone then got him hooked into pre-paid legal services. He said he made so much money the first 3 months that he quit his factory job and just did Amway and Pre paid legal service. After about another 6 months, he was broke! Another year and he lost his house. I've heard too many horror stories to ever look into it as my only way of income.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
LottomagicZ4941

Home based businesses

When I got online I was all hyped up to promote Pre-Paid Legal with a free website. I later learned that to get your own leads you have to pay for the website.

If you don't pay for a website they insult you and say that your not serious about your busisness.

Not totally sure but if I remember right PPL pays you for 3 years when someone joins as they claim a low drop out rate. Perhaps your friend got hit with charge backs?

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941A

PS if your sick of clicking on links call 1-877-526-6957 ID Z4941A for free info on a great opportunity
Clint

Home based businesses

Post by Clint »

jon wrote: Remember, work for yourself not some-one else like in MLM's.

Thank you for the great advice. Your last sentence is profound.
LottomagicZ4941

Home based businesses

jon sorry you lost money in network marketing.

Isn't it a pitty isn't it a shame no one ever warned the boy MLM is a visious game.

I had a downline of 400 but only 80 bought reguallarly in a company that went bust.

It is sad how some people get front end loaded.

But there are good opportunities out there.

The one I'm in only requires a $50 purchace every 3 months and a person can be making money with only two team captins.

And joining a trafic exchange recently I am amazed at how pathetic some of the money games are.

Most MLMs sell vitamines. Make sure they are competive if you go that route.

www.lef.org is a non profit with quality suplements.

antioxident coffee seems to be big on the trafic exchanges right now.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941A
Betty Boop

Home based businesses

Post by Betty Boop »

Woman at Work

Is your company more like Kleeneze then??

I take it you deliver catalogues and then make your money on your sales??

Do you recruit??

Do you attend Regular Meetings where you take your 'prospects'?
LottomagicZ4941

Home based businesses

funtravel wrote: ALL GREAT information,

My wife and I love to travel, so we got tired of booking travel on those other travel sites. We join a wonderful vacation and travel business that provided us our own travel booking engine and main web site. My Wife and I received our travel agent ID cards and many more AWESOME perks that I never knew existed in the travel industry.

Bottom line up front...Here's something we love to do, so we decided to test it as a Work-at-Home business. This is a Real, tangible Home-Based Business that anyone can run from the comfort of their home at the kitchen table!

Last weekend my wife, son and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel the daily rate were $164.00; however, when I ask the desk clerk do the hotel give discounted rates for travel agents, she said yes and my daily rates was cut in half. I only paid 82.00 a night. The room was hugh!!!! The room service was SUPER to include the people. It had everything in it and the "price was right."

We're earning AWESOME income as family, friends, local community to include people that we meet traveling books on our travel web site. We book everything through our own travel web site...Family Cruises, Flights, Get-A-Way Vacations, Tee Times, Renter Cars, Hotels, Restaurant Reservations, Hot Deals, Vacation Packages, Golf Packages and much, much more...

We love the benefits of WORKING-AT-HOME being our own boss in the travel business as travel agents. The income is AWESOME, we're showing people how to travel for less by having their own travel web site.

Here's a snap shot of my booking engine http://www.ytbtravel.com/peachypat

Here an information link at http://www.ytbnow.com/wholesaletravel

However, feel free to contact me at pdorseytravel@yahoo.com I enjoy telling people how to earn serious income from this AWESOME business.

pdorseytravel@yahoo.com

Funtravel

If I wasn't doing Lotto Magic I would probably be MLMing something like travel. Way funner then potions and loations:)

Lotto

http://www.discussstuff.com/member.php?u=147

MagicZ4941A
funtravel

Home based businesses

Post by funtravel »

Thanks for your reply...My wife and I are having FUN showing people how to earn a serious weekly or monthly income through this AWESOME travel business... http://www.ytbnow.com/wholesaletravel

As people book their travel on our travel web site, WE'RE GETTING SERIOUSLY PAID EVERY WEEK.

FUNTRAVEL!
BTS

Home based businesses

Post by BTS »

funtravel wrote: Thanks for your reply...My wife and I are having FUN showing people how to earn a serious weekly or monthly income through this AWESOME travel business... http://www.ytbnow.com/wholesaletravel

As people book their travel on our travel web site, WE'RE GETTING SERIOUSLY PAID EVERY WEEK.

FUNTRAVEL!

Who replied to you? And how could someone reply when this is your first post.........?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
lady cop

Home based businesses

Post by lady cop »

hey BTS...i saw him lurking and saw the spam coming! LOL :D duly reported....
Accountable

Home based businesses

Post by Accountable »

I just read a book about making millions in residual income. The author claims it's really easy and it worked for him. Apparently all you have to do is write and publish a book that promises to teach the reader how to make millions in residual income. With the right marketing, it should work.

You can get more information from www. yougot2muchmoney.com. A more advanced version for seasoned investors is at www. youstillhavesomeleft.com
tbaskin

Home based businesses

Post by tbaskin »

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and I am reading through these threads and it seems like alot of you have been "burned" by various home based businesses in the past. What is it that hinders your success? What do you find is the core problem, that if it was repaired, would ensure your success? :yh_think
Accountable

Home based businesses

Post by Accountable »

tbaskin wrote: Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and I am reading through these threads and it seems like alot of you have been "burned" by various home based businesses in the past. What is it that hinders your success? What do you find is the core problem, that if it was repaired, would ensure your success? :yh_think

Odd first post, Tbaskin. Makes you look like a spammer. I'd love to see an intro so we can welcome you properly.

To answer your question, MLM ponzie schemes burn by nature. They do not "hinder" success; they have nothing whatever to do with success. Their purpose is to take cash from one person's pocket and put it in another's without reciprocity. That is the core problem, and if it were fixed, it would not be MLM.

By the way, I recognize your ploy from my AmWay training.

Seriously though, I'd love to discuss something of substance with you. Looking forward to it! :-6
lady cop

Home based businesses

Post by lady cop »

hey ACC...why not just say it...what crap. :D
Accountable

Home based businesses

Post by Accountable »

Because I have a cat now and i see what fun she has playing with an obviously weaker creature when it's cornered. Y'know, she's right. :wah: :sneaky:
lady cop

Home based businesses

Post by lady cop »

you have a point there...i am so used to going for the jugular right away.
Accountable

Home based businesses

Post by Accountable »

yeh, well, you have paperwork to do afterwards. Best to do it quickly at such times.

Perfectly understandable. :D
turbonium

Home based businesses

Post by turbonium »

I thnk spammers are googling and this thread is poppng up on the search results. I tried it as an experiment and it did come up.... Get your gun, LC! :-5
lady cop

Home based businesses

Post by lady cop »

Accountable wrote: yeh, well, you have paperwork to do afterwards. Best to do it quickly at such times.

Perfectly understandable. :Dtons of effin paperwork!!
lady cop

Home based businesses

Post by lady cop »

[quote=turbonium]I thnk spammers are googling and this thread is poppng up on the search results. I tried it as an experiment and it did come up.... Get your gun, LC! :-5[/quote.....usually prime time for spam is sat. and sun. mornings. they think we're asleep. OR they have the day off from their toilet-cleaning job.
tbaskin

Home based businesses

Post by tbaskin »

This doesnt seem to be the place to be looking for friends or info. Just researching and wanted to talk to some people who have been in mlm before to get some thoughts before I dive in - not involved with Amway btw.
lady cop

Home based businesses

Post by lady cop »

friends yes....commercial BS, no. try again. in introductions forum.
Betty Boop

Home based businesses

Post by Betty Boop »

tbaskin wrote: This doesnt seem to be the place to be looking for friends or info. Just researching and wanted to talk to some people who have been in mlm before to get some thoughts before I dive in - not involved with Amway btw.

Listen to this lot and DO NOT DIVE IN!!!

The MLM companies will call us Dream Stealers but we are not, set your own independant business up, do anything else but MLM, they are nothing but glorified pyramids!!

Who are you thinking of joining btw???
Accountable

Home based businesses

Post by Accountable »

tbaskin wrote: This doesnt seem to be the place to be looking for friends or info. Just researching and wanted to talk to some people who have been in mlm before to get some thoughts before I dive in - not involved with Amway btw.
Ettiquette, T. You don't eat finger food from someone else's plate and you don't just butt into conversations and expect welcome. Hold that hand out to us and introduce yourself. We're friends and family. We'll welcome any stranger & offer a glass of tea, but we don't like solicitors. ... or revenuers.
LottomagicZ4941

Home based businesses

One of the biggest mistakes us MLMers/Network marketers make

I think one of the biggest mistakes is that we tell people that it will be easy.

Or worse that it is not work.

Comming from a farm background if it ain't physical it aint work. So although this is true some, nope most quit when a downline dosen't magically appear.

The other thing that bugs me is duplication. No one can duplicate me.

One guy said chain letters did not work because he put out 20 flyers.

LOL chain letters don't work because they are stupid and illegal.

Next time someone says MLM dosent work ask them how much they worked it. Chances are they ran a couple of adverts and pestered a neighbor.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/?sponsor=Z4941

MagicZ4941A 1-877-526-6957 ID Z4941A

PS Thought of the day if God wanted us to ues the metric system Jesus would have had 10 deciplies:)

Return to “Work Employment”