Ideal Job??

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

Is there such a thing as an ideal job? Is it a goal worth persuing?

rainbowsmiles

Ideal Job??

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I think there is such thing as an ideal job. Maybe not for everyone some people. I know a few people who have found their nitch in the professional field and have stuck with it and can't see any other field of interest. They are perfectly happy as well. But sometimes I think it is rare.
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

Thinking about those people you mentioned and their jobs. What do you think makes them ideal?
lady cop

Ideal Job??

Post by lady cop »

i have had several careers. we are different at different stages of life. i have been a registered nurse, went to law school, taught law, a trial court law librarian, an investigator for a DA, been a stay-at-home mom, and went to police academy in middle age. next thing....i want a tiny cottage and tiny bookshop in England. my warrior days are winding down. tired of the violence.
lady cop

Ideal Job??

Post by lady cop »

i will say this...you do know at some point what you are suited for or what your dream is...i went to police academy when my kids were grown and all my classmates were 21 years old. a lot of people thought i was crazy and would never make it through. it was the hardest thing i ever did physically. but i was going to be a cop and that was that.
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

lady cop wrote: i have had several careers. we are different at different stages of life. i have been a registered nurse, went to law school, taught law, a trial court law librarian, an investigator for a DA, been a stay-at-home mom, and went to police academy in middle age. next thing....i want a tiny cottage and tiny bookshop in England. my warrior days are winding down. tired of the violence.
LC, I was listening to an expert on TV who said that such career changes would still have a common thread of some type to keep the person interested. Do you see one for you?
lady cop

Ideal Job??

Post by lady cop »

Accountable wrote: LC, I was listening to an expert on TV who said that such career changes would still have a common thread of some type to keep the person interested. Do you see one for you?yes in all honesty...at age 10 i took up a sword and shield and beat up the 16 year old male town bully in front of everybody. humiliated and whipped his ass. i was in love with lady justice then and now. just had this idea about protecting underdogs. but i am getting tired.
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

lady cop wrote: yes in all honesty...at age 10 i took up a sword and shield and beat up the 16 year old male town bully in front of everybody. humiliated and whipped his ass. i was in love with lady justice then and now. just had this idea about protecting underdogs. but i am getting tired.
:wah: Okay, but where's the thread with the teaching? I can see the warrior stuff for an RN, but the classroom?
abbey

Ideal Job??

Post by abbey »

According to Far, my ideal job would be a pole dancing nurse!
abbey

Ideal Job??

Post by abbey »

Far Rider wrote: what about the can cans? hahahaha.... I havn't given up guessing yet!!! Ok heres a few more.

Garbage collector?

Cop?

Gallery show person?
No

No

No........:p
abbey

Ideal Job??

Post by abbey »

Far Rider wrote: Mother?

fragrance testor?

Model?

parachute rigger?

government office employee?

stockbroker?

banker?

explosive technican?

No to all of the above (sorry Far)
actionfigurestepho

Ideal Job??

Post by actionfigurestepho »

My ideal job would be writing a humor column. I did it in college and loved it! I love working under pressure and making sweeping generalizations and not having to check "facts." And I LOVED that I could get away with a lot of things (such as ripping up and dancing on a parking ticket) under the guise of "doing it for work."
KritterLover

Ideal Job??

Post by KritterLover »

The ideal job where I live is self employment and that is what I am. A small town with probably 5400 people here. Self employment is job security here. Love my hours, no boss to report to, or specific hours to keep. If one works, one makes money, if not, no money to make. It's great being self employed!
It's hard to keep a straight face....

around here!
CARLA

Ideal Job??

Post by CARLA »

;) My ideal job is one with NO INPUT, NO OUTPUT, DIRECT DEPOSIT, NO BOSS, AND I CAN WORK FROM HOME.:D :D WORKS FOR ME..:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Ideal Job??

Post by lady cop »

Accountable wrote: :wah: Okay, but where's the thread with the teaching? I can see the warrior stuff for an RN, but the classroom?it was there, i was teaching law at the police academy. and being a nurse very young was simply for a paycheck, not my hearts desire. we have loves. my loves are law and crime and books. if we can make a career/life out of our loves we are fortunate indeed.
LottomagicZ4941

Ideal Job??

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

Ideal job for me?

40K plus pay

Less then 30 min commute

Work 40 hours per week max

Current just over broke job

1 hour commute

42 hours per week

Lotto

Sig lines aint spam:)

MagicZ4941A
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: Ideal job for me?

40K plus pay

Less then 30 min commute

Work 40 hours per week max

[...]
Doing anything in particular?
Bez

Ideal Job??

Post by Bez »

When I was a kid I wanted to be a hairdresser and that's what did when I left school....poor pay and rude customers drove me to manufacturing (pharmacutical). Took a break to have kids and went back to manufacturing (Loudspeakers) ...went from shop floor to manager....loved it.....plenty of challenges and a great 'buzz'. it was tough in a mans world but I survived. Young guns come in (Fair dos) and I get nudged towards Human resources and training because I am 'good' with people. Not my chosen path, not happy, so have decided to retire in 2006. Depending on finances, I am considering going to college and studying horticulture.....Happy bunny !!
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Ideal Job??

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

If i could have any job it would be monitoring the breeding habits of the marine iguana and giant land tortoises in the galapagos islands- heaven
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: If i could have any job it would be monitoring the breeding habits of the marine iguana and giant land tortoises in the galapagos islands- heaven
It sounds like if you actually got a job like that, you'd be asking how much you should pay them, rather than the other way round. :D
Clint

Ideal Job??

Post by Clint »

Bridge Tender: "Up" lever, "Down" lever, laptop and Forum Garden.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

Clint wrote: Bridge Tender: "Up" lever, "Down" lever, laptop and Forum Garden.
:yh_rotfl
nvalleyvee

Ideal Job??

Post by nvalleyvee »

I subbed for the special education HS kids today - the ones with down's syndrome, autism and other kinds of retardation. It was the best day I've had in years at a job - I loved it!!! At noon the head teacher called me into her office and asked what my background was in teaching these kids. I told her NONE and I was fairly leery about taking the assignment. I told her I'd sub any day - any time in her class. She told me she thought I was a natural, had the patience it took, had the kind of temperment needed and asked if I would apply for the permanent teaching assistant opening. I am seriously thinking about it!!!!! I haven't been this excited about something since I worked in the lab before I was diagnosed with cancer. Who would have thought this would be my cup of tea - definately NOT ME.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

I was a cottage parent at Ruston State School. It was my first job. I played daddy to 14 boys aged 16-21 years old. I was 19 and a freshman in college. It was one of the most fulfilling jobs I've ever had. I might still be doing that if I'd been able to pay my bills. :o

You may have found your niche!
nvalleyvee

Ideal Job??

Post by nvalleyvee »

ACC - I didn't quite get that message - did you say DO IT :wah: :wah: It was a great day.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

nvalleyvee wrote: ACC - I didn't quite get that message - did you say DO IT :wah: :wah: It was a great day.
Whew! Good, I wasn't being too subtle. I was worried. :D
nvalleyvee

Ideal Job??

Post by nvalleyvee »

Accountable wrote: Whew! Good, I wasn't being too subtle. I was worried. :D

Thanks - I'm very jazzed about this. I'm going to talk to the powers that be at the HS tomorrow during my one hour break from the HS KIDS FROM HELL who think their sh*it doesn't stink.... :-5
Accountable

Ideal Job??

Post by Accountable »

I checked on subbing here in San Antonio. I would actually take a cut in pay compared to my unemployment check. :eek:
nvalleyvee

Ideal Job??

Post by nvalleyvee »

Accountable wrote: I checked on subbing here in San Antonio. I would actually take a cut in pay compared to my unemployment check. :eek:

I know what you mean. I make $60.00 a day to sub. I would make $2.75 less a day as a teaching assistant. It's incredulous what they pay.

Return to “Work Employment”