Apologies for the half hour outage

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

ForumGarden was down from 8:50am to 9:20am GMT+1 today while the site's host provider engaged in pre-emptive security fixes. As far as I can see we're back in one piece but the management apologizes for any inconvenience.

Here's the host's take on events:We contacted you yesterday regarding our scheduled reboot of US Central Zone A. As an update, this will begin at 1AM (EDT) tonight. We expect to have all instances rebooted by 8AM (EDT) on October 1st. In case you missed yesterday's notification, an issue has been discovered that could result in unwanted consequences for all servers running the Xen hypervisor, worldwide. This includes your service in US Central Zone A. To ensure the long-term security of our customers, we are proactively conducting the aforementioned emergency maintenance, which should incur minimal downtime, limited to 5-15 minutes for each affected server. This will require no action on your part, however, as it will necessitate a reboot upon completion, we are encouraging you to take a moment to ensure that your hosting environment is configured to resume all necessary operations post-reboot.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Didn't affect me. I left for work at 08:45 - and just got back a few minutes ago. New office - builders still on site. Nothing to do, so sent me home.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”