FG Unresponsive

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Snowfire

FG Unresponsive

Post by Snowfire »

For the past 2 days FG has become extremely unresponsive and often, times out or just hangs.

Its not my internet connection. All other sites respond perfectly well without any problem.

When things do clear, pictures and icons don't show

Having problems posting this now.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

FG Unresponsive

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1488845 wrote: For the past 2 days FG has become extremely unresponsive and often, times out or just hangs.

Its not my internet connection. All other sites respond perfectly well without any problem.

When things do clear, pictures and icons don't show

Having problems posting this now.

Are you seeing poor response at this moment?

All OK at this end but we need more input if anyone else can comment.
Snowfire

FG Unresponsive

Post by Snowfire »

Bryn Mawr;1488847 wrote: Are you seeing poor response at this moment?

All OK at this end but we need more input if anyone else can comment.

Ive been away five minutes and immediately accessed this thread.

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

FG Unresponsive

Post by Snowfire »

Posting was immediate too

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

FG Unresponsive

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1488849 wrote: Posting was immediate too

OK, I've not seen any reported problems but I'll go and investigate the logs.
spot

FG Unresponsive

Post by spot »

If it was the site then it would be a common observation. I've been here now and then every day but not seen it.

When I've had a similar experience with one site, but the others stayed normal, it's turned out to be a temporary routing problem by my ISP. Each time it would fix itself because there's no way the ISP help desk ever managed to make any changes.

The triple-post certainly indicates a connection problem for that specific route.

The way I'd test is to switch my laptop or PC between my normal ISP connection and being tethered through my smartphone, and see whether the site responded differently. I do recognise that life may hold more exciting options, but it's a way.

I'll be off-line after Sunday.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

FG Unresponsive

Post by Smaug »

spot;1488853 wrote: If it was the site then it would be a common observation. I've been here now and then every day but not seen it.

When I've had a similar experience with one site, but the others stayed normal, it's turned out to be a temporary routing problem by my ISP. Each time it would fix itself because there's no way the ISP help desk ever managed to make any changes.

The triple-post certainly indicates a connection problem for that specific route.

The way I'd test is to switch my laptop or PC between my normal ISP connection and being tethered through my smartphone, and see whether the site responded differently. I do recognise that life may hold more exciting options, but it's a way.

I'll be off-line after Sunday.

Are you away on holiday, or is it technical issue, Spot?
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
spot

FG Unresponsive

Post by spot »

Neither. I'm attending a two-week seminar in Marrakech. I have a matter which needs to germinate.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

FG Unresponsive

Post by Smaug »

spot;1488864 wrote: Neither. I'm attending a two-week seminar in Marrakech. I have a matter which needs to germinate.

I take it you've had all the relevant injections? Silly question, I'm sure you've thought of that already, with all the 'globetrotting' you've done over the years. Germinate, eh? Hope it's legal.....:wah:

Anyway, happy landings!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Snowfire

FG Unresponsive

Post by Snowfire »

It seems to have corrected itself. No sooner had I reported it here, the problem went away. Charmed away by admins mere presence

Winston Churchill
FourPart

FG Unresponsive

Post by FourPart »

No problems here - mind you I didn't get home from work until about 23:15.
spot

FG Unresponsive

Post by spot »

I have, after roundabout querying, Internet access from my small part of the Kasbah, which is as it should be. I even have a properly earthed mains supply and a socket converter I carried with me.
Snowfire

FG Unresponsive

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1489350 wrote: I have, after roundabout querying, Internet access from my small part of the Kasbah, which is as it should be. I even have a properly earthed mains supply and a socket converter I carried with me.

Are you Rocking the Kasbah ?

Winston Churchill
spot

FG Unresponsive

Post by spot »

I brought almost-mid-price noise-cancelling headphones. Give me Johnny Winter over Airbus jet engines any day.
LarsMac

FG Unresponsive

Post by LarsMac »

I can't travel without my Bose NC headset, anymore. It has proved the best Christmas present, ever.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”