Petrol in Diesel: help

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

This morning, half asleep I started putting petrol into my diesel engine car. I quickly realized my error and stopped after putting 2 liters in. I top it up with 48 liters of diesel, so in my car now is a mix of about 4% petrol.

Does anyone know if I will get away with this, particularly if I keep topping up diesel to continuously dilute it? Or will I need to get the car brought in to get it drained?
abbey

Post by abbey »

oops!

Have a look at this, it may help you. Petrol in a diesel engine in The AnswerBank: Motoring
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

abbey;1124734 wrote: oops!

Have a look at this, it may help you. Petrol in a diesel engine in The AnswerBank: Motoring

Thanks, I called the dealership once they opened and they confirmed that it is OK at that ratio.

Lucky! :yh_blush
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1124725 wrote: This morning, half asleep I started putting petrol into my diesel engine car. I quickly realized my error and stopped after putting 2 liters in. I top it up with 48 liters of diesel, so in my car now is a mix of about 4% petrol.

Does anyone know if I will get away with this, particularly if I keep topping up diesel to continuously dilute it? Or will I need to get the car brought in to get it drained?

hubby says to drain the system and lines now, otherwise you can screw up the

engine, fuel injectors.........small price to pay now to do this, otherwise it will clog up the system

trust me, he knows his stuff.
Life is just to short for drama.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Actually Mike it will run a little better in winter with a bit of petrol in it because the cold weather thickens diesel, the petrol ( anything up to a 10% mix) thins the diesel and you may find your tick over is a little quicker and it runs a bit faster.

Putting diesel in a petrol car will cause problems.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I did the opposite. I filled a diesel truck with gasoline. It had to be drained and all the filters replaced.

But 1st I had to call the boss and explain.
I AM AWESOME MAN
grbay

Post by grbay »

Yeah that happened to me once but I put about 2% in before noticing LOL
manuelito

Post by manuelito »

chungo chungo

Return to “Autos Vehicles”