Family Watch Dog

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
rainbowsmiles

Family Watch Dog

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I wasn't quite sure where to stick this but someone sent this to me and I wanted to pass it on because I think its a useful tool. Maybe it has been posted here before, I apologize if this is a repeat.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/Default.asp

^This link allows you to find sex offenders in your area. You put in your address and it shows all the sex offenders living around your home (or work, or school - whatever address you enter). If you click on the offender box then you get a picture and other information on the offender. Hopefully this will be useful to people, especially parents.

I wasn't happy to see how many sex offenders live in our area :mad: So much for suburban living :(
Beagle

Family Watch Dog

Post by Beagle »

rainbowsmiles wrote: I wasn't quite sure where to stick this but someone sent this to me and I wanted to pass it on because I think its a useful tool. Maybe it has been posted here before, I apologize if this is a repeat.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/Default.asp

^This link allows you to find sex offenders in your area. You put in your address and it shows all the sex offenders living around your home (or work, or school - whatever address you enter). If you click on the offender box then you get a picture and other information on the offender. Hopefully this will be useful to people, especially parents.

I wasn't happy to see how many sex offenders live in our area :mad: So much for suburban living :(

Rainbow - I visited this site and, like you, was not happy to see so many people in my area listed on this site. More shocking was the fact that I saw a man on there that I use to go to school with!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
rainbowsmiles

Family Watch Dog

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Rainbow - I visited this site and, like you, was not happy to see so many people in my area listed on this site. More shocking was the fact that I saw a man on there that I use to go to school with!

Oh no, that is disturbing! :( That was the first thing everyone asked me when I told them about this site - is did I see anyone I knew. That would be scary, but also a good defense I think. I'm glad that you know about him because its good knowledge to have if you ever run into him in the future.
cherandbuster

Family Watch Dog

Post by cherandbuster »

Hiya Rainbow :)

I'm pleased to say that there aren't any in my immediate area.

Huby and I live in a nice quiet town -- but it's only a short distance from two cities that have lots of offenders :(

Thanks for the link :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

rainbowsmiles

Family Watch Dog

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I'm pleased to say that there aren't any in my immediate area.

I want to move where you are! I'm glad your in a safer area cher - thats what we need, a nice quiet town. City living just isn't for us.

We have numerous around us. :( I've begun a search on this site just to see what areas in our state have the least (out of curiosity).
Beagle

Family Watch Dog

Post by Beagle »

rainbowsmiles wrote: Oh no, that is disturbing! :( That was the first thing everyone asked me when I told them about this site - is did I see anyone I knew. That would be scary, but also a good defense I think. I'm glad that you know about him because its good knowledge to have if you ever run into him in the future.

This is true! Thank goodness I haven't seen or run into him in more years than I can remember!! What I remember about him, even back then, was that he acted so odd!! So, for me to see him on that site - while it is a shock at first, should not really have been all that surprising to me.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
Nomad

Family Watch Dog

Post by Nomad »

Great watchdog here

I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Family Watch Dog

Post by CARLA »

There are 9 in an around my neighborhood none on my street. 3 I knew about the rest I now know about. THANK YOU..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

weber

Family Watch Dog

Post by weber »

I looked for a Canadian equivalent Rainbow

but couldn't find any. Maybe didn't look hard enough. I think it is great that you have it for the states:-6
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
rainbowsmiles

Family Watch Dog

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Oh EW Nomad! That is one funky looking dog :wah: That would certainly scare away a few.

CARLA wrote: There are 9 in an around my neighborhood none on my street. 3 I knew about the rest I now know about. THANK YOU..

I'm happy it helped Carla!

I looked for a Canadian equivalent Rainbow

but couldn't find any. Maybe didn't look hard enough. I think it is great that you have it for the states

Hi Weber,

I just checked online and it seems a lot of people are asking the same question. Hopefully that means they will create a similar site for Canada soon!
teramiabullfrog

Family Watch Dog

Post by teramiabullfrog »

another one checking in to say thanks for the web "watchdog" info. as so many others said, frightning to see so many sex predators nearby where i live and also nearby where my grandchildren live. Finding Our Children Under Stress Org. (made up of family members of the missing) contacted "watchdog" and asked them for suggestions on how to get the fed politicians and fed agencies, responsible for managing the operation of the annually funded national programs, to operate them at the level of efficiency they were originally intended. will let you know if we get some response back from "watchdog"; because, we definitely didn't get any response back from any of the govt. agencies or people when we phoned, wrote, and e-mailed them to inform them of the communication break-down with the national programs to both help find missing children and to help prevent child abductions (the "CHILD ALERT PROGRAM" - created and developed during the late 80's {to help find the missing} and managed by the Congressional Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and the U.S. Post Office. And, the "BE SMART-KNOW THE RULES- CAMPAIGN" - created and developed during the 90's {a national education program to help prevent child abductions} also managed by the Congressional Caucus and the NCMEC). F.O.C.U.S. Org. has taken the problem of getting the feds to do something about fixing these Programs to amateur radio operators - the first line of communication for civilian defense after a catastrophic disaster - (simple communication between fed departments would solve the problem, resulting in finding more reported missing children and would bring down the number of missing reported each year - and if the Child Alert Program was fixed so it operated at the level of efficiency it is intended, funded for, and instructed, the AMBER ALERT would become even more effective, IT WOULD BE IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY). anyone interested in becoming involved with putting a little pressure on the feds to fix this important domestic "issue" (the word issue, describing missing persons, is a fed term - catastrophic disaster is a term used by the family members of the missing), start contacting your local elected officials and demand the national programs be run according to their written instructions. Write your local newspapers. Contact the local Amateur Radio Club in your town and tell them there's a Civilian Defense related catastrophic disaster that needs communication help globally. Get involved, don't just talk about keeping children safe, do something about it: HELP GET THE "CHILD ALERT PROGRAM" AND THE "BE SMART-KNOW THE RULES-CAMPAIGN" OPERATING AT THE LEVEL THEIR INTENDED.

Return to “Missing Children”