Missing daughter

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
Accountable

Missing daughter

Post by Accountable »

I received this via email from a cousin. I have every reason to believe it is real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just in case she left this area, maybe one of you guys will see her! Please keep [deleted], [deleted], Shannon and her children in your prayers! Thanx Lor

To My Family & Friends.....

Our daughter Shannon Lynn Fischer, age 23 was last seen in Prairie du

Chien, Wi on Wed. Dec. 20th, 2006!! The last person to see her was the

guy she was dating. He said they had a falling out that evening and she

left the apartment. No one has seen or heard from her since!!! I was not

aware of this until I contacted this guy via phone on Dec. 24th.

All he said to me was that "I got rid of her, she was annoying!"

Tom & I became very concerned Christmas Night as she had not contacted us!! I made numerous calls on Tuesday to people I expected she would be with. Our nephew has made contact with many friends of hers also. No one has seen or heard from her!!! I made a report to the Prairie du Chien Police Dept. On Thursday Dec. 28th. They have also contacted many people in Prairie du Chien and no one has seen or heard from her! She does not drive.....doesn't have a job....no permanent address......no money that I'm aware of!! She has 2 beautiful children in foster care.....she has made many mistakes with her life.....but I can't believe she would up and disappear without making contact or telling someone where she was going!!! I'm sending out this message via e-mail hoping all of you will forward it to your on line friends & family in hopes that if she has indeed left Prairie du Chien some one out there may see her. If anyone does see her would you please contact the Prairie du Chien, WI,Police Dept. At 1-608-326-2421

I have attached a picture of Shannon with her adorable babies....this was taken this last summer and Shannon hasn't changed a bit As of Friday Dec. 29th Shannon has now been listed on the board as a missing person with the police dept.

A parent's worst nightmare is not knowing where their child is at!!!!
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

It's real, yes. I'm not sure it's a rational use of the Internet but it's real.

I'm not sure whether Amber Alerts are rational when they're directed at the public instead of professionals either, but that's a different issue.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
teramiabullfrog

Missing daughter

Post by teramiabullfrog »

Accountable;508966 wrote: I received this via email from a cousin. I have every reason to believe it is real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just in case she left this area, maybe one of you guys will see her! Please keep [deleted], [deleted], Shannon and her children in your prayers! Thanx Lor

To My Family & Friends.....

Our daughter Shannon Lynn Fischer, age 23 was last seen in Prairie du

Chien, Wi on Wed. Dec. 20th, 2006!! The last person to see her was the

guy she was dating. He said they had a falling out that evening and she

left the apartment. No one has seen or heard from her since!!! I was not

aware of this until I contacted this guy via phone on Dec. 24th.

All he said to me was that "I got rid of her, she was annoying!"

Tom & I became very concerned Christmas Night as she had not contacted us!! I made numerous calls on Tuesday to people I expected she would be with. Our nephew has made contact with many friends of hers also. No one has seen or heard from her!!! I made a report to the Prairie du Chien Police Dept. On Thursday Dec. 28th. They have also contacted many people in Prairie du Chien and no one has seen or heard from her! She does not drive.....doesn't have a job....no permanent address......no money that I'm aware of!! She has 2 beautiful children in foster care.....she has made many mistakes with her life.....but I can't believe she would up and disappear without making contact or telling someone where she was going!!! I'm sending out this message via e-mail hoping all of you will forward it to your on line friends & family in hopes that if she has indeed left Prairie du Chien some one out there may see her. If anyone does see her would you please contact the Prairie du Chien, WI,Police Dept. At 1-608-326-2421

I have attached a picture of Shannon with her adorable babies....this was taken this last summer and Shannon hasn't changed a bit As of Friday Dec. 29th Shannon has now been listed on the board as a missing person with the police dept.

A parent's worst nightmare is not knowing where their child is at!!!!
i couldn't find a picture you said was attached. if you can get a good copy photo id missing person flyer to me i'll include it with the "3-ring" binder missing person display i leave in all post offices i travel to. be sure the family stays in contact with the National Clearinghouse for Missing Adults (ncma) in phoenix, az. i checked the ncma web site and she is registered there and i can get a photo id flyer from their site and will include it with all flyer distribution i do on the west coast. more than likely she's still in WI; but, you never know in these missing person situations.
rkdian

Missing daughter

Post by rkdian »

I am the cousin that sent this to acc. Here is a link to our local internet news site. They have been keeping up pretty well. There are a couple of photos on the site as well.

Thanks for posting acc. I never thought of it. Thanks to everyone else for keeping your eyes open.

It has recently come to light that she was in the first trimester with baby #3 at the time of her disappearance.

http://www.mwnews.net/
teramiabullfrog

Missing daughter

Post by teramiabullfrog »

as part of the service offered by the FOCUS Org.'s mission we downloaded shannon's photo id missing person flyer from the national clearinghouse for missing adults (1/23), made a couple hundred copies, and included them with the other missing person flyers we have in our "3-Ring binder" missing person display binder. we left these binders in 68 post offices for display, from Tacoma, WA to San Francisco, CA. Plus, individual flyers of Shannon were left on community bulletin boards, laundromat bulletin boards, and other community posting areas. any family with a reported missing person can contact us and we will include your missing relative with our annual (this is our 13th year) missing person flyer posting and distribution.
Bez

Missing daughter

Post by Bez »

has there been any news on this missing girl ? does anyone know ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

Bez;544232 wrote: has there been any news on this missing girl ? does anyone know ?

WEAU-TV 13, WI - Feb 8, 2007

Police in Prairie du Chien say they still don't have any clues into the disappearance of 23-year-old Shannon Fischer.

The mother of two was last seen December 20th.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/5683656.html
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
rkdian

Missing daughter

Post by rkdian »

teramiabullfrog;544209 wrote: as part of the service offered by the FOCUS Org.'s mission we downloaded shannon's photo id missing person flyer from the national clearinghouse for missing adults (1/23), made a couple hundred copies, and included them with the other missing person flyers we have in our "3-Ring binder" missing person display binder. we left these binders in 68 post offices for display, from Tacoma, WA to San Francisco, CA. Plus, individual flyers of Shannon were left on community bulletin boards, laundromat bulletin boards, and other community posting areas. any family with a reported missing person can contact us and we will include your missing relative with our annual (this is our 13th year) missing person flyer posting and distribution.

This is actually a classmate of my daughter's. We now know that she was in the very early stages of pregnancy at the time of her disappearance. On behalf of her family and our community, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for your efforts. :-4
rkdian

Missing daughter

Post by rkdian »

The last lead that was made known to the public was from a psychic who contacted the family. The police conducted a search of the area, even bringing in cadaver dogs. Nothing was found. Sorry, I never thought to update it even when I knew that Accountable had so graciously posted. Thanks to all who are keeping their eyes and ears open. God bless!
rkdian

Missing daughter

Post by rkdian »

Just to keep everyone up to date....no word, of any kind. It is as if she vanished off the face of the earth.
rkdian

Missing daughter

Post by rkdian »

Sadly, the only update that I have for this thread is that her family celebrated her birthday last week still not having a clue where she is. The case seems to have come to a total standstill.
cherandbuster

Missing daughter

Post by cherandbuster »

rkdian;583979 wrote: Sadly, the only update that I have for this thread is that her family celebrated her birthday last week still not having a clue where she is. The case seems to have come to a total standstill.

That is so sad :-1
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

It's a year since this was put up. The local news outlets are still appealing for help in finding out where she is.Shannon Fischer’s parents reported her missing December 28, 2006. Now at least three detectives are working on what is now believed to be a murder investigation.

"At this point we're absolutely operating on the theory this is a homicide. She did keep in reasonably close contact with friends and family, she was seen at all times," says Prairie du Chien police chief Michael King.

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/12820747.html

Attached files
SedonaFaerie

Missing daughter

Post by SedonaFaerie »

I just watched Human Trafficking with Mira Sorvino and that totally reminded me of one of the girls that was trafficked. A rich attractive man comes into her life, appearing to sweep her off her feet until she finds herself sold to Traffickers...I really hope she's not caught up in something like that...single mothers looking for a better life often take offers promising it, though it rarely happens that way :(
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

Would that prevent a person from getting in touch over this long a time? The assumption has been, I think, that if she were alive she'd want to get in touch.

There's only been one news mention this year, a week ago in the Dubuque Telegraph Herald, Iowa on May 3, "Woman charged with armed robbery", where the note to the cashier at the Kwik Trip South on April 22 demanded a thousand dollars and added "they took care of Shannon Fischer, they'll take care of you". I'm sure she'll have been asked several times what she meant by that.
wyattmtthws

Missing daughter

Post by wyattmtthws »

I was saddened by the original post and as I reached the last post, it wasn't clear if the missing daughter was found or not. It looks like it's been a year since this was posted. I hope that everything's alright now...
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

The assumption has been, I think, that if she were alive she'd want to get in touch. Shannon Lynn Fischer's not been in touch and she's not been found. Nobody watching from a distance can say more than that.
wyattmtthws

Missing daughter

Post by wyattmtthws »

Then that will be sadder that sad. It's kinda frustrating to know that nobody found her body. Yeah, now I know that people were stuck to the assumption that she was gone. But I think even if she wants to get in touch, there must be something holding her back. Well, if her body's not yet found (presumably she's dead), I think there's still hope. I think in the practice of law, we can't assume that a certain person is dead when the body is missing unless 7 years had passed. There might be some reasons why they made that law, why 7 years, because of some circumstances we don't know. There might be a reason. But this surely gives hope.

spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

I wouldn't dream of presuming she's dead, I think it quite believable that she isn't. I do find it rather distasteful to speculate. There must be lots of personal information involved in any such event which isn't available beyond the family and investigators, and obviously more still which even they don't know themselves. Trying to guess in the absence of these facts is to turn someone's real tragedy into our entertainment.
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

This is still showing up in the news on occasion. One day someone will see an article and decide they have to pass on their suspicion and there might be some resolution. Sooner is better than later.

"Somebody does not just disappear and no one knows anything," said Shannon's mother, Diane Bouzek. For Shannon's family, her disappearance has been tough to understand. "It's not like her to be gone and not phone home," said Bouzek, "Shannon was always in contact with us."

WKBT La Crosse, WI-NewsChannel 8-Still Searching For Answers In Case Of Missing Prairie du Chien Woman

oanadoledo

Missing daughter

Post by oanadoledo »

I hope God will help you to find here
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

I'm sorry Acc and rkdian, the news reports you'll have seen are a tragedy for everyone concerned.

Prairie du Chien police: Man confesses to killing woman missing since '06
ZAP

Missing daughter

Post by ZAP »

spot;1338326 wrote: I'm sorry Acc and rkdian, the news reports you'll have seen are a tragedy for everyone concerned.

Prairie du Chien police: Man confesses to killing woman missing since '06

That is a horrible tragedy. So sorry for the family.
spot

Missing daughter

Post by spot »

ZAP;1338665 wrote: That is a horrible tragedy. So sorry for the family.

There's a very brief note tonight that the appointed court has considered the man mentioned three months ago "not competent to stand trial", with details expected tomorrow. I thought that concept had all but disappeared from the US judicial system. And just three months from walking into a police station to reaching that conclusion seems a bit fast-tracked.

Return to “Missing Children”