Amazing story out of Missouri!!

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

A young boy that went missing a few days ago was found with a young boy that was kidnapped in 2002! They are both alive and well!

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200701 ... 26O80.html
Sandi

Mystery

Post by Mystery »

I read that earlier, and it's a miracle for sure! I only hope those boys are able to overcome whatever turmoil results from this, especially for the one held for several years.
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Wow! What are the odds!?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Peg

Post by Peg »

This shows the true definition of a miracle. :-6
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I read this last night, and was shocked! What are the chances of finding someone from 4 years ago, I was in tears, reading about the parents....couldn't imagine, first the pain of not seeing my son for 4 years, and then re-uniting with him....
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

It is an amazing story, with a happy ending. 4 years missing, and found!
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I'm worried about these boys and their families. But, imagine the joy of the police officers who got to bring them home! (A bit teary-eyed, thinking of that one.)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

i can say i had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat as i read that , it took me back to the time i saw my Chantalle again after 11 long years i last saw her as a 6 year old with front teeth missing a right little tom boy then to see her again as a beautiful young woman , of course you never get back the missing years but to hold your own flesh and blood after years of wondering if they are alive .. i cant describe the emotions that still run through my heart and mind but indeed it is a miracle.... some times good things do happen :-6
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Did anyone watch the press conference with the older boy's parents this morning? It was interesting to watch. Dad seems pretty well spoken.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I was reminded of the story from back in the 70's of Stephen Stayner, who was abducted at a young age, and held for 7 years. He was told his parents had died. He was prompted to escape and go to police when his abductor brought home another boy.

Sad ending for Stephen as he was killed in a motorcycle crash in the late 90s...AND is brother Cory is the "infamouse" Yosemite killer..who killed several women in Yosimite park

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mi ... index.html
abbey

Post by abbey »

Peg;515328 wrote: This shows the true definition of a miracle. :-6
Absobloominglutley,

and a job well done by the police. :-4
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Amen amazing ...;) I'm sure this will give parents of other missing children some hope that maybe their child will be found alive.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

teramiabullfrog

Post by teramiabullfrog »

yes, yes, yes!!! we've been on the road traveling from san francisco to tacoma, wa along hwy 101, and stopped at 57 post offices over the past six days and left a display "3-ring" binder filled with over 250 missing person flyers inside sheet protectors in the lobby of each post office (many of the missing person flyers included are of persons missing for over 1 year, 4 years, some even over 10 years). hearing they found two missing children (one missing over four years) inspires us to continue our efforts.

of the 57 post offices we stopped, only 3 had any "Postal Bulletin" missing child notices posted - as instructed in the fed "Child Alert Program", every post office in the country is suppose to maintain a display of NCMEC provided missing child notices (missing child "Postal Bulletins") printed monthly and faxed to every regional Post Master.

the board of directors of the Finding Our Children Under Stress Org. (F.O.C.U.S.) wonders if a missing child Postal Bulletin with Shawn Hornbeck was printed in Oct. of 2002, or at any time during the four years he was missing, and had them posted in any post office?
abbey

Post by abbey »

teramiabullfrog;515801 wrote: yes, yes, yes!!! we've been on the road traveling from san francisco to tacoma, wa along hwy 101, and stopped at 57 post offices over the past six days and left a display "3-ring" binder filled with over 250 missing person flyers inside sheet protectors in the lobby of each post office (many of the missing person flyers included are of persons missing for over 1 year, 4 years, some even over 10 years). hearing they found two missing children (one missing over four years) inspires us to continue our efforts.

of the 57 post offices we stopped, only 3 had any "Postal Bulletin" missing child notices posted - as instructed in the fed "Child Alert Program", every post office in the country is suppose to maintain a display of NCMEC provided missing child notices (missing child "Postal Bulletins") printed monthly and faxed to every regional Post Master.

the board of directors of the Finding Our Children Under Stress Org. (F.O.C.U.S.) wonders if a missing child Postal Bulletin with Shawn Hornbeck was printed in Oct. of 2002, or at any time during the four years he was missing, and had them posted in any post office?
Well done you. :-4

Return to “Missing Children”