Now two years since Madeleine McCann's kidnapping!

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Gerry & Kate's Message:

It is two long years since Madeleine was taken. It is two years since we were a happy family of five. The pain and anxiety does not lessen, but our determination to find our beautiful daughter remains steadfast.

We are no longer looking for a 4 year old little girl – but a 6-year-old one. This is crucial. We are hoping that the new age-progressed image of Madeleine aged 6, produced by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Washington, will help people to see what Madeleine may look like today.

On May 7th at 9pm (UK time), a televised ‘reconstruction’ of potentially significant and suspicious events from around the time that Madeleine was taken will be aired on Channel 4 in Britain. Much of this information has not been disclosed to the general public before and it is apparent that there are several highly important unanswered questions remaining. Just one of these answers could provide us with that vital piece of information that leads us to Madeleine. It is our hope that these reconstructed scenes will trigger somebody’s memory and prompt them to come forward – giving us the key piece of the jigsaw that we - and Madeleine especially -so desperately need.

Madeleine is still missing! She has the right to be back with her family. We have a responsibility to keep looking for her. We urge you – please do not give up on Madeleine.

Finally, we would like to thank everybody for their continued help and support. We know that we are not alone in our efforts to find Madeleine, or in our desire to have Madeleine back home with us where she belongs.

Thank you.

Find Madeleine

Madeleine McCann: detectives signal new focus on Portuguese resort - Telegraph

Disappearance of Madeleine McCann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Witness reveals chilling clues about Maddie suspect | News | News Of The World
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Let us not forget every child that has vanished without trace in this world who's parents did not have the media coverage and the wealth to launch such a campaign.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Peg

Post by Peg »

I would love to see Madeleine found safe and alive but I have my doubts. :-1

Very true Oscar. :-1
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1183694 wrote: Let us not forget every child that has vanished without trace in this world who's parents did not have the media coverage and the wealth to launch such a campaign.

That's true. The McCanns have utilised the world wide web to keep the world updated about Madeleine but who remembers Ben Needham or others who disappeared before and who fade out of the Public's consciousness?

Disappearance of Ben Needham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The internet is great for giving the world up to the minute information about things like this, it's just such a shame it can also be used for initiating things like this too. :(
Oscar Namechange

Peg;1183698 wrote: I would love to see Madeleine found safe and alive but I have my doubts. :-1

Very true Oscar. :-1 I agree Peg. The two year campaign launched into finding Maddie was in one respect fantastic at keeping the search alive but i can not but help feel that the scrutiny of the media may have also have caused her downfall.

Prior to maddy dissapearing in the resort, another little girl vanished without trace. If there was the possibility that it was a pedophile ring snatching young girls to order, then there may be hope that Maddie is still alive although her existence would be horrific at their hands. I myself have a feeling that the intense media scrutiny that reported on every turn of the investigation would have made Maddie a 'hot potatoe' and brought about her death.

I don' think we will ever know.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

4 years old at the time......

they will never see her again..........

how tragic this is, when some ******* does this!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Swimming maggie

Post by Swimming maggie »

I remember Ben Needham, he must be in his late teens now if he is still alive. I would like to think that Madeleine is still alive, but I seriously have my doubts. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.
Oscar Namechange

Swimming maggie;1183846 wrote: I remember Ben Needham, he must be in his late teens now if he is still alive. I would like to think that Madeleine is still alive, but I seriously have my doubts. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong. Me too..... I love nothing better than to pick up a newspaper one day and see her in her mothers arms re-united but sadly i don't believe they will ever find her. :-1
Odie

Post by Odie »

Swimming maggie;1183846 wrote: I remember Ben Needham, he must be in his late teens now if he is still alive. I would like to think that Madeleine is still alive, but I seriously have my doubts. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

I want to think that Madeline is alright, but..........
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1183705 wrote: I agree Peg. The two year campaign launched into finding Maddie was in one respect fantastic at keeping the search alive but i can not but help feel that the scrutiny of the media may have also have caused her downfall.

Prior to maddy dissapearing in the resort, another little girl vanished without trace. If there was the possibility that it was a pedophile ring snatching young girls to order, then there may be hope that Maddie is still alive although her existence would be horrific at their hands. I myself have a feeling that the intense media scrutiny that reported on every turn of the investigation would have made Maddie a 'hot potatoe' and brought about her death.

I don't think we'll ever know either O. I have read about those disgusting snuff films they make using children. But I agree on the "hot potato"...I think she's gone myself.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1183705 wrote: I agree Peg. The two year campaign launched into finding Maddie was in one respect fantastic at keeping the search alive but i can not but help feel that the scrutiny of the media may have also have caused her downfall.

That is also how I felt at the time.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Apparently an Australian woman has her.:rolleyes:
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1227495 wrote: Apparently an Australian woman has her.:rolleyes: Yes, I have seen the latest reports in the press. Call me the old cynic again but I think this is some-one playing on the emotions of The McCanns and very cruelly so. I find it highly suspicious that this person did not come forward 2 years ago when Maddie first vanished.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1227499 wrote: Yes, I have seen the latest reports in the press. Call me the old cynic again but I think this is some-one playing on the emotions of The McCanns and very cruelly so. I find it highly suspicious that this person did not come forward 2 years ago when Maddie first vanished.

and why haven't the picked this woman up?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

They have a photo fit of the woman . And a wittness who reckons a woman fitting that description wth what he believed was an australian accent was hanging around a few days later and said to this guy . "aren't you the one with my new daughter?"

If she was taken by a pedophile ring they will do everything to protect themselves worldwide and make up stuff to do so.

the fall out of all of this so far? a 54 yold woman living in madeleine street was dobbed in to police because she had a 5 year old girl. :-2 Her responce to the allegations was ....."I'm fifty four and I don't look like a spice girl. " Good come back because the photo fit does look eerily like Victoria Beckham
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1227513 wrote: They have a photo fit of the woman . And a wittness who reckons a woman fitting that description wth what he believed was an australian accent was hanging around a few days later and said to this guy . "aren't you the one with my new daughter?"

If she was taken by a pedophile ring they will do everything to protect themselves worldwide and make up stuff to do so.

the fall out of all of this so far? a 54 yold woman living in madeleine street was dobbed in to police because she had a 5 year old girl. :-2 Her responce to the allegations was ....."I'm fifty four and I don't look like a spice girl. " Good come back because the photo fit does look eerily like Victoria Beckham
I an not imagine what the McCanns or any other parent must go through with just not knowing. It's bad enough knowing your baby or child is dead especially when some-one sneers at you for it :thinking:. I so wish they would find Maddie.
Oops

Post by Oops »

I think she's gone and i think she's been gone for a very long time sadly.

I think the very minute whoever took her realised that they'd taken the 'wrong child' they would have killed her. Surely if they had even an ounce of decency in them they could just have taken her somewhere, anywhere and left her to be found and reunited with her parents.
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I tend to agree Oops even if the info is true do you really think this woman would give her up,? she'd kill her first . .................I think the whole thing is sinister
spot

Post by spot »

Rapunzel;1183703 wrote: The internet is great for giving the world up to the minute information about things like this, it's just such a shame it can also be used for initiating things like this too. :(Have you any good reason for using "kidnapped" in the thread title?

Have you any good reason for thinking the internet's "used for initiating things like this too"?

qsducks;1183921 wrote: I have read about those disgusting snuff films they make using children.

snopes.com: Snuff Films

Snuff films as commonly defined are generally regarded as an urban legend.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

umm spot i"ve seen snuff films and have wittnessed them ...............don't go there mate. It was not a good thing . shall PM you

should not even come into this discussion
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Yes, this is another "cold case" like Natalie Holloway. It would be wonderful to find these 2 girls alive...but I sadly doubt it..:mad:

Return to “Missing Children”