Underrated foods...

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;969893 wrote: Oh well thank you...

You looked great!!!...:sneaky: :p...:wah:...Hehe...

I've never even heard of salt water taffy's...

It's a New Jersey treat. Soft candy that can be pulled & twisted. I'll send you the link.
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

www.shrivers.com - the history of salt water taffy.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;969897 wrote: It's a New Jersey treat. Soft candy that can be pulled & twisted. I'll send you the link.

Oh well those actually sound tasty...

For some reason I was picturing seaweed in the form of rubber...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;969926 wrote: Oh well those actually sound tasty...

For some reason I was picturing seaweed in the form of rubber...

Kathy Ellen posted a pic on the ducky vacay thread with a pic of a turkey made with them. Incredibly sticky to work with. I lost to a professional artist who made a mermaid complete with the boobs and all.:wah:
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;969936 wrote: Kathy Ellen posted a pic on the ducky vacay thread with a pic of a turkey made with them. Incredibly sticky to work with. I lost to a professional artist who made a mermaid complete with the boobs and all.:wah:

Oh?...You were in a contest?...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;969947 wrote: Oh?...You were in a contest?...

Yes. It's called Weird Week and they have it every year where we vacation. We only do the french frie & taffy sculpting contests. They break up the ages. My son's friend made a tv/remote control & won 3rd place and I won honorable mention in the french frie sculpting, but we both lost in the taffy sculpting.:wah:
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;969949 wrote: Yes. It's called Weird Week and they have it every year where we vacation. We only do the french frie & taffy sculpting contests. They break up the ages. My son's friend made a tv/remote control & won 3rd place and I won honorable mention in the french frie sculpting, but we both lost in the taffy sculpting.:wah:

:yh_bigsmi...

Ok...Sounds fun...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

The other 3 contests of the week are TastyKake pie sculpting, a wet t-shirt throwing contest and then for little kids under 5 yrs., a Mr & Mrs. Chao's contest and that involves who are the loudest kids. Rather annoying.

Also, at the end of August there is a new contest called the Guy & Gal Flop. Like who can flop on the beach really good.:wah:
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;969963 wrote: The other 3 contests of the week are TastyKake pie sculpting, a wet t-shirt throwing contest and then for little kids under 5 yrs., a Mr & Mrs. Chao's contest and that involves who are the loudest kids. Rather annoying. Oh God!!!...

qsducks;969963 wrote:

Also, at the end of August there is a new contest called the Guy & Gal Flop. Like who can flop on the beach really good.:wah: Oh well that makes sense...

:yh_bigsmi...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

I forgot about the plopping contest as I would have joined that one.:wah:
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Ok Fuzz, what is your favorite underrated food? You must try the salt water taffy's:wah:
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

fuzzy butt;970032 wrote: I'm in to permaculture theres no such thing as underated foods *shrugs*

so what's this all about ?

sorry in a sullen mood and listening to Norah jones ' I've got to see you agian' sorry the food thing is so basic to me . there's no argument . if it seeds plant the darn thing simple really.

What's your favorite food that you think isn't very popular?...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Do you think Lobster Ravioli is popular? I love it.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970107 wrote: Do you think Lobster Ravioli is popular? I love it.

Never heard of it...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

To die for Kev. Served with a blush sauce.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970114 wrote: To die for Kev. Served with a blush sauce.

What's blush sauce...

Man you easterners are WIERD!!!...

Hehe..Just kidding...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;970124 wrote: What's blush sauce...

Man you easterners are WIERD!!!...

Hehe..Just kidding...

Hey:wah:at least we have excellent taste in food:wah:. A blush sauce is a a lighter red sauce. Really good. Kathy Ellen would know better as she is the queen of sauces.:wah:
flopstock

Underrated foods...

Post by flopstock »

scrambled eggs with bacon crumbled in it... with toast of course:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Patsy Warnick

Underrated foods...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

RED

Cucumbers - you slice cucumbers & onions - amount is your choice..

place in bowl add vinegar.

amount of vinegar to taste or - vinegar, I usually pour until I start to see some thru the cukes.

add water just to cover cukes. salt & pepper - chill, serve cold.

you can also adde ice cubes to the top & less water to speed the chill process or to keep cold as serving.

The cukes & onions absorb the vinegar. delish

you'll like the vinegar solution since you & I like pickle juice. I drink it.

Flop - scrambled eggs - I love adding any & everything to eggs

mushrooms, bacon, cheese, onions.

I'll add all these ingredients to a baked potato

it's my Baked Potato Pizza. oh, so good & simple.

My Lastest must have is slices of Green Pepper on my hamburger. DELISH

you have to try it, if you haven't already

Green Pepper taste is wonderful..

Patsy
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970127 wrote: Hey:wah:at least we have excellent taste in food:wah:. A blush sauce is a a lighter red sauce. Really good. Kathy Ellen would know better as she is the queen of sauces.:wah:

Oh God...

I don't know what a red sauce is...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Spaghetti sauce silly boy:wah:
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970289 wrote: Spaghetti sauce silly boy:wah:

OHHHH!!!!...

Oh well I know spaghetti sauce...

I make a great spaghetti...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Change of plans tonight. Spaghetti instead with garlic bread.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970372 wrote: Change of plans tonight. Spaghetti instead with garlic bread.

Indeed...:yh_drool...

I like to brown a pound of ground chuck, add about a half a package of your favorite breakfast sausage, and chopped onions and garlic to taste(Most of the time I add chopped green bell pepper and a red sweet bell pepper if I have one as well)all the while your bringing about three 16 oz cans of tomato puree to a partial boil(Don't scorch the bottom) add the browned meat and add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a few squeezes of lemon juice and about two or three tablespoons of chili-sauce(Ketchup will substitute) to taste...While at a partial boil add about a half tablespoon of sugar and voila!!!...

Instant delicious spaghetti...Serve with a nice soft Italian bread and a good merlot...Delicious!!!...:yh_drool...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Tonight I have to improvise as we just got back from vacation and I'm out of meat:wah:, so just plain old sauce but your recipe sounds delish.

How about Manhattan Clam Chowder? Yummio
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970415 wrote: Tonight I have to improvise as we just got back from vacation and I'm out of meat:wah:, so just plain old sauce but your recipe sounds delish.

How about Manhattan Clam Chowder? Yummio

When I'm out of beef I usually grill a chicken breast in an Italian herb salad dressing(I strongly urge any of you to grill a chicken breast after marinating it in "Creamy Italian" salad dressing) and serve that along with the spaghetti...I usually put it on the same plate and sort of eat it with the sauce...

(I always keep frozen chicken breasts)...

Oh and if you have any fresh tomatoes laying around dice those up and put it over the spaghetti...It gives it the earthy flavor to it...

And to be honest I never really have tried Clam chowder...I believe I've had a few bowls of it in the instant soup but from what I hear from you easterners that's blasphemy!!...:wah:...

:yh_wink...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Yeah, I do marinate my chicken and sometimes my steak in Italian dressing. Right now my chicken breasts are frozen solid and no microwave on hand. But chicken parmesan is also a goody. It's my daughter's fave meal.:-4
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970422 wrote: Yeah, I do marinate my chicken and sometimes my steak in Italian dressing. Right now my chicken breasts are frozen solid and no microwave on hand. But chicken parmesan is also a goody. It's my daughter's fave meal.:-4

Try marinating them in the "Creamy Italian" dressing...It really is delicious and much more succulent...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

I'll try that and I do have that on hand. I wonder if you can marinate them in Creamy Italian and then bread them? Sounds really good.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970426 wrote: I'll try that and I do have that on hand. I wonder if you can marinate them in Creamy Italian and then bread them? Sounds really good.

Well...

I prefer chicken grilled...I really hate chicken baked...It dries them out so ungodly dry...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;970441 wrote: Well...

I prefer chicken grilled...I really hate chicken baked...It dries them out so ungodly dry...

I do grill them, but if I'm making chicken parm I precook the chicken with the marinades and then place them in a pan with red sauce under them and over them. Very moist.

Well, pork chops in the oven are even worse. I can never win that battle.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970449 wrote: I do grill them, but if I'm making chicken parm I precook the chicken with the marinades and then place them in a pan with red sauce under them and over them. Very moist.

Well, pork chops in the oven are even worse. I can never win that battle.

I've never been a fan of pork chops...The texture is just too tough for me...But frying pork chops is the only way I'd eat them...I can't even imagine baked pork chops...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;970459 wrote: I've never been a fan of pork chops...The texture is just too tough for me...But frying pork chops is the only way I'd eat them...I can't even imagine baked pork chops...

I've since given up on them:wah:, but a pork roast is a whole different species.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970460 wrote: I've since given up on them:wah:, but a pork roast is a whole different species.

I think pork roasts tend to be too dry as well...I do like them in a very good light gravy...

With mashed potatoes and a heap of buttery mixed vegetables...Not too much butter...Not healthy for you...:yh_wink...Just enough to make your mouth water...:sneaky:Hehe...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

Mmm, I grill the roast for about 20 min. per pound and it always comes out unscathed unlike it's sister the horrible pork chop.:-4
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970501 wrote: Mmm, I grill the roast for about 20 min. per pound and it always comes out unscathed unlike it's sister the horrible pork chop.:-4

Well now there's something I haven't tried...Grilling a roast...Seems to mee like it'd fall apart and you'd lose it...
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

That gives me one...

Venison!!!...

Venison is the most delicious roast I've ever eaten...So succulent and juicy and tender...

Don't let people fool you when they tell you it's too wild tasting because if it is then the butcher or the hunter screwed up...

Deer need to be killed efficiently because they release a chemical within their bodies when they're stressed and it ruins the meat at the same time if one isn't butchered correctly the meat will spoil as well...

But oh so delicious!!!...

And

Deer jerky!!!...

So good...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;970507 wrote: Well now there's something I haven't tried...Grilling a roast...Seems to mee like it'd fall apart and you'd lose it...

You can get it tied up in sections. It's actually very good with grilled potatoes and veggies.
TheNewDG

Underrated foods...

Post by TheNewDG »

You guys think SuperPowerChina will post in here that dogmeat is underrated?;)
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;970516 wrote: You can get it tied up in sections. It's actually very good with grilled potatoes and veggies.

Hmm...

I'll try it!!!...

Hehe...
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

TheNewDG;970532 wrote: You guys think SuperPowerChina will post in here that dogmeat is underrated?;)

Oh don't give SuperPowerChina any ideas...

:wah:...
TheNewDG

Underrated foods...

Post by TheNewDG »

K.Snyder;970542 wrote: Oh don't give SuperPowerChina any ideas...

How would you even prepare dog/cat meat? Grill? Broil? Fry? With veggies or noodles? Eeewwww.
K.Snyder

Underrated foods...

Post by K.Snyder »

TheNewDG;970545 wrote: How would you even prepare dog/cat meat? Grill? Broil? Fry? With veggies or noodles? Eeewwww.

Well I wouldn't know...

I'd have to imagine it were no different than pork...
qsducks

Underrated foods...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;970542 wrote: Oh don't give SuperPowerChina any ideas...

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
guppy

Underrated foods...

Post by guppy »

carrots and sweet potatoes-both taste naturally sweet..yumyum
RedGlitter

Underrated foods...

Post by RedGlitter »

K.Snyder;970459 wrote: I've never been a fan of pork chops...The texture is just too tough for me...But frying pork chops is the only way I'd eat them...I can't even imagine baked pork chops...

I bake them all the time. I bake them in cream of celery soup. They come out fine.
guppy

Underrated foods...

Post by guppy »

i lay six porkchops in a baking dish..cover with sliced potatoes. cover with cream of celery and cream of chicken soup..half of each can. cover with shredded cheddar cheese. cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 till potatoes are done..
RedGlitter

Underrated foods...

Post by RedGlitter »

Oh hey I'll have to try that...never thought of the potatoes...or the chicken soup!
sunny104

Underrated foods...

Post by sunny104 »

guppy;970727 wrote: i lay six porkchops in a baking dish..cover with sliced potatoes. cover with cream of celery and cream of chicken soup..half of each can. cover with shredded cheddar cheese. cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 till potatoes are done..

that sounds really good! :yh_drool

Return to “The Kitchen”