Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

Submit your favorite recipes here...
G#Gill

Your favorite recipes...

Post by G#Gill »

Macaroni Cheese á la Tizzy (as made by my mother and her mother before her) - This is one of my favourite meals !

Utensils

Oven ! (pre-heat to Gas Mark 6)

1 x 4 pint (2 litre +) deep Pyrex dish

Set of kitchen scales

Cheese grater

Small kitchen knife

Ingredients ( sufficient for 6 good portions )

I lb (500G) Dry Macaroni pasta. (I prefer the Cavatappi pasta - it's fatter and like

twirly hollow hose pipe and keeps it's shape better !! )

1 lb (500 G) Full flavour cheddar cheese (grated )

6 thick slices of dryish bread (grated) (if not dry, could toast to make it easier to grate)

1/2 pint ish - milk

Butter or spread.

Onion (finely chopped) - amount depends on your preference.

White pepper ( depends on preference )

Thyme ( depends on preference )

Chives (depends on preference)

Sliced tomato (for garnish)

Method

Turn on oven ! :wah: :rolleyes:

Boil pasta till cooked (poss. 15 mins )

Grate cheese

Grate bread

Scoop some butter (or spread) with some cling film or grease-proof paper and smear all round the inside of the pyrex dish.

When pasta cooked, pour into collander and rinse under cold tap to separate the pieces of pasta, place still in collander on top of sauce pan to drain.

Pour a layer of pasta in base of pyrex

Gently pour sufficient milk into pyrex to nearly cover this first layer of pasta.

Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over layer of pasta, sufficient to cover all the pasta.

Sprinkle the chopped onions, chives, thyme, pepper - all fairly well spread but don't swamp the cheese because there is another layer to come !

Pour another layer of pasta over the grated cheese in the pyrex. No need for any more milk.

Repeat as above.

I find that two layers is enough to more or less fill the pyrex, so gauge the amounts accordingly.

Gently pour the bread crumbs evenly on top.

Place nobs of butter (or spread) all over the top of the bread crumbs, also any grated cheese you may have left.

Place the slices of tomato evenly on the top to garnish.

Place in the middle of the pre-heated oven and cook for 30 mins, the top of the macaroni cheese should be nicely browned and crispy and delicious !

Serve hot (or can be eaten cold - my sister loves it cold !), either on it's own or with some vegetables of your choice.

ENJOY !!!

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-4
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Your favorite recipes...

Post by G#Gill »

K.Snyder;916687 wrote: Can this thread be deleted?...

Why ?:confused::-3
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

G#Gill;916690 wrote: Why ?:confused::-3

Well I had made two and I needed one deleted...

One has been deleted so this is the correct one...
RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Poblano Chilies Stuffed with Cheese

Serves 8

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 onion, minced

2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced

10 tomatoes, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped

½ cup white or cider vinegar

3 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons oregano

16 poblano chiles, toasted, skinned and deveined

14 oz queso fresco (farmer’s cheese or mild feta may be substituted), crumbled

flour, for dusting

5 eggs, separated

½ cup vegetable oil

To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and sautι the onion until translucent along with the carrots. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and sugar; simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Stir in the oregano, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes have reduced down.

Stuff the chiles with the cheese and close, overlapping the sides slightly. Dust with flour.

Beat the egg whites until stiff. Beat the yolks with a pinch of salt and fold together with the egg whites to make a batter. Dip the stuffed chiles in the batter and fry in very hot oil until golden.

Place the chiles in a serving dish and pour the tomato sauce over the top; serve.

RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Chicken Marimba

I swiped this from my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Serves 1.

2 boneless chicken breasts, cut up into large bite size pieces.

Red wine

1 Onion, chopped fine

Tomatoes, 1 fresh or 1 small can diced

Hamburger bun, split and toasted on the inside

Saute chicken pieces, onion and tomatoes in red wine until cooked thoroughly. Place chicken on open-faced toasted bun. Eat as is or if desired, top with Pico de Gallo.

Pico de Gallo

You can put this stuff on anything or add watered down V-8 juice to it and make a basic salsa.

Makes about 3 1/2 cups

2 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato

2/3 cup finely chopped onion

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (don't skip the cilantro!!)

1 large finely chopped jalapeno pepper

Juice of 1 lime

1/2-teaspoon salt

1/2-teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl; toss well. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.

mrsK

Your favorite recipes...

Post by mrsK »

Chocolate Caramel Slice

1 packet (250g) plain sweet biscuits

125 grams butter

1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

3 tablespoons condensed milk

1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup

1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

Mix butter, milk, sugar, vanilla and golden syrup over low heat until sugar is dissolved.

Pour over finely crushed biscuits and mix together.

Press into a 7 x 11 inch cake pan or a ‘Tupperware’ plastic box and refrigerate. Ice with melted milk chocolate, while still soft, not runny, run a fork over the top to give a ‘bark’ pattern. Cut into strips one way then diagonally across to give diamond shaped pieces.

In Australia, we have ‘morning coffee or Nice’ biscuits. For a slightly different flavour, use malt biscuits (malt-o-milk). Also, we can buy condensed milk in tubes and cans, tubes are ideal for this as you only need a small amount.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Basic Guacamole

Makes about 1 1/4 cups.

2 medium avocados, seeded, peeled, and cut up

1/2 small onion, cut up

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

In blender place avocados, onion, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; cover and blend till well combined. Use as a dip for chips or as a sauce to serve with main dishes.

RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Red's Poor Girl Beans

I don't usually measure anything here but I'll try to give you estimates.

A dutch oven (big pot) of water, enough to cover beans

1/2 a pound of dried pinto beans

1 or 2 small cans of tomato sauce (depending on how much you like tomatoes)

1 large can diced tomatoes, undrained

1 or 2 tablespoons prepared garlic (in the jar) OR 1 chopped Spanish onion

1 or 2 tablespoons chili powder (adjust this to how much heat you like)

1 teaspoon dried cumin

Sort and rinse the beans. Don't bother soaking them. Dump into big pot of water, add everything else and cook until beans are soft.

RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Smoky Marinara Sauce

1 pound jumbo shell pasta (40 shells)

Cooking spray

1 (12-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese

1 (15-ounce) carton ricotta cheese

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese

3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

6 cups smoky marinara sauce

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.Preheat oven to 375°.

Coat 2 (13 x 9-inch) baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside.

Place cottage cheese and ricotta cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine cottage cheese mixture, Asiago, and next 6 ingredients (Asiago through spinach).

Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell. Arrange half of stuffed shells, seam sides up, in one prepared dish. Pour 3 cups Smoky Marinara over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat procedure with remaining stuffed shells, Smoky Marinara, and mozzarella in remaining prepared dish.

Cover with foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

To freeze unbaked casserole: Prepare through Step 5. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing to remove as much air as possible. Wrap with heavy-duty foil. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.

To prepare frozen unbaked casserole: Preheat oven to 375º. Remove foil; reserve foil. Remove plastic wrap; discard wrap. Cover frozen casserole with reserved foil; bake at 375º for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the shells are thoroughly heated.

Smoky Marinara

1 tablespoon olive oil

3 garlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano

2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1 (28-ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained

1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, basil, parsley, and oregano; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.

RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Tortilla Soup

Makes 6 (1 1/2 cup) servings

1 c. chopped onion

1 tsp. minced garlic

2 tbsp. vegetable oil

4 c. chicken broth

1 c. chopped red bell pepper

1 tsp. ground red chilies

1 tsp. dried basil leaves

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 (15 oz.) can tomato puree

Tortilla chips

2 c. shredded cooked chicken

Shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Avocado slices tossed with lime juice

Cook and stir onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil in 4 quart Dutch oven until onion is tender. Stir in broth, bell pepper, ground red chilies, basil salt, pepper and tomato puree. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Divide tortilla chips, chicken, avocado slices and cheese among 6 soup bowls. Pour broth over. 6 (1 1/2 cup) servings.
RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Tamale Pie

Serves 6.

1 pound lean ground beef

1 cup chopped onion

1 large green bell pepper, chopped

1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce

1 large can (28 ounces) tomatoes, cut up

1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained

1 small can (4 ounces) sliced ripe olives

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons chili powder

dash black pepper

1 cup grated Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese

Crust:

3/4 cup yellow cornmeal

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups cold water

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1 tablespoon butter or margarine

1/2 cup grated Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, for topping (optional)

Brown ground beef with onions and green pepper; drain well. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, corn, olives, garlic, sugar, salt, chili powder and black pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until thickened. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Set filling aside.

In a saucepan, combine cornmeal, salt, water and chili powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Stir in butter. Spread half of the mixture into a baking dish, about 12- x 8-inches. Spoon filling over bottom crust; spoon remaining cornmeal mixture over filling. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. If desired, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the crust about 5 minutes before casserole is done.
RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE

They make this at the Japanese place I go to. Make extra and serve with a small cucumber-rice vinegar salad.

1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast

2 tbsp. sesame oil

2 tbsp. corn oil

1/4 c. dry sherry

1/4 c. soy sauce

2 tbsp. lemon juice

1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic

1/2 tsp. powdered ginger

1/4 tsp. salt

Peanut Sauce (recipe follows)

Cut chicken into 1/2 inch wide strips. Combine remaining ingredients, except peanut sauce, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

SAUCE:

4 teaspoons corn oil, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1/2 cup minced red onion, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 3 tablespoons ketchup, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.

Heat oils in saucepan. Saute onions and garlic until they are softened. Add sugar and vinegar, cooking until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thread chicken strips onto small skewers and arrange on baking sheets. Bake approximately 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve hot with sauce which is at room temperature.

Japanese Cucumber-Rice Vinegar Salad

1/4 cup Sherry vinegar or rice vinegar

1 tablespoon dark soy sauce

2 English cucumbers or 4 regular cucumbers

1 tablespoon coarse salt

1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste

Peel and seed cucumbers and diagonally cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a colander set over a bowl toss cucumbers with salt and drain 30 minutes. Rinse cucumbers well and pat dry. Toss cucumbers with vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste.

Nomad

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Nomad »

Heres one if youre not up to cooking.

Go to the grocers and buy one of those cooked rotisserie chickens.

(cold if they have some)

Buy some potatoe salad or cole slaw.

Pull that baby apart, give it hell !

Take the skin and bones off and pull the meat apart into bite sized chunks.

Add your favorite bbq sauce and heat on oven.

Get some nice onion rolls and voi la.
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

grecianurn;918835 wrote: Favourite thing at the mo - grated cooked beetroot, with mayonnaise and a dash of horseradish. Goes with ... everything. But best with Portobello mushroom baked in butter/olive oil, with a goat cheese melt on top. Buttered couscous and a green salad are bonuses as accompaniments ...

Great...I think I might try this as my first British oriented dish(Can I give the Brits credit for this one?)...
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Egg Burritos (this is the kid version)

Serves 4

Heat oven to 350 degrees

5 large eggs

1 or 2 tbsp butter

6 slices American cheese, or your choice

1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled

Cilantro

4 tortillas, warmed in the oven about 5-7 minutes

Cook bacon and sit aside and then crumble. Next, cook eggs till scrambled and set. Set aside.

Take tortillas out of the oven.

Lay down the tortilla and place a half slice of cheese in the middle, layer with some spoonfulls of egg, crumbled bacon pieces and cilantro and then layer another piece of cheese on top. Assemble tortilla into a burrito.

Place back in oven on a cookie sheet and back for 8 min.

For you who live in the Philadelphia/New Jersey region, try scrapple on that burrito.:wah: Make sure you cut the scrapple in half.
Luvdawgs

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Luvdawgs »

MAMA SUSA'S MEATBALLS

Servings: 14 to 20, depending on size

Instructions:

1 lb. lowfat ground beef or ground turkey

1 med. or lg. egg

3/4 to 1 cup Progresso Italian breadcrumbs

1 tsp. paprika

1 to 2 cloves minced garlic

1/4 chopped, med. white or Spanish onion (optional)

1/4 chopped green pepper (optional)

extra virgin olive oil

Instructions:

Mix ingredients, using enough breadcrumbs to make meatballs fairly firm. Fry in extra virgina olive oil, turning meatballs occasionally until browned and cooked thoroughly.

Comments:

This is a tasty, lowfat recipe for those of you who are watching your fat and/or calorie consumption, which was handed down to me my by my mother, and modified by me. I like to serve the meatballs with spaghetti.

qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Does it have to Progresso's breadcrumbs:wah: just joshin
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

Bump...
Lon

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Lon »

K.Snyder;916681 wrote: Submit your favorite recipes here...

I have many-----but last night I prepared Wide Egg Noodles with homemade tomato sauce made with saute'd chopped celery, green bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper & dash of oregano. Two chicken breasts were sliced into half inch squares and saute'd with the veggies and then placed in the sauce and microwaved for 6 minutes. Noodles were boiled till done and served up on a plate and then the sauce/chicken mixture on top of noodles. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to taste.

A tossed green salad, a baguette of sour dough bread and a bottle of Burgundy and voila------------a Full Belly
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

grecianurn;932799 wrote: Er ... no, it might be a bit east european/Russian. But adapted by me so ... maybe!

What about giving Bubble and Squeak a go? I'm pretty sure it's British. What people don't know won't hurt them...:sneaky: :yh_giggle...:wah:

grecianurn;932799 wrote:

Leftover mashed potato, leftover cooked green cabbage, salt and pepper, mix together, make a big cake with it and fry until deep brown delicious crustiness develops both sides. Pop a fried egg on top and Bob's your uncle. :)

We have this all of the time only without the cabbage...We just fry left over mashed potatoes with a little added onions chopped and salt and pepper to taste and call them potato cakes...

I'll try it with the cabbage, and the egg...
RedGlitter

Your favorite recipes...

Post by RedGlitter »

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

After scraping out your pumpkin, dump all the nasty stringy stuff onto a cookie sheet and sort out the seeds. Remove as much of the pumpkin guts as possible but if some sticks to the seeds that won't hurt. Dump the pile of seeds into a colander and massage them under cool running water to get more junk off them. Blot the seed pile with paper towels, absorbing as much water as possible.

Pour seeds into a glass baking dish or a pie pan and spread them out so they're in a single layer. Dob on about 4 or 5 teaspoons of butter or margarine. Cook at 300. As the butter melts, stir the seeds and sprinkle salt on them so all are greased up and salted. Bake until a light golden brown which is usually about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you watch them like a hawk because they will burn easily! Move them around now and then with a spatula so they don't stick and burn. When they're done baking, remove them from the baking dish and put them into another dish to cool. Keep in an airtight container or a zippy bag for up to a week.

I have also roasted squash seeds and cantaloupe seeds this same way. They have pretty much the same taste.
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Lon;932800 wrote: I have many-----but last night I prepared Wide Egg Noodles with homemade tomato sauce made with saute'd chopped celery, green bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper & dash of oregano. Two chicken breasts were sliced into half inch squares and saute'd with the veggies and then placed in the sauce and microwaved for 6 minutes. Noodles were boiled till done and served up on a plate and then the sauce/chicken mixture on top of noodles. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to taste.

A tossed green salad, a baguette of sour dough bread and a bottle of Burgundy and voila------------a Full Belly

And then you passed out in front of the tv?:wah:
Odie

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Odie »

RedGlitter;933237 wrote: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

After scraping out your pumpkin, dump all the nasty stringy stuff onto a cookie sheet and sort out the seeds. Remove as much of the pumpkin guts as possible but if some sticks to the seeds that won't hurt. Dump the pile of seeds into a colander and massage them under cool running water to get more junk off them. Blot the seed pile with paper towels, absorbing as much water as possible.

Pour seeds into a glass baking dish or a pie pan and spread them out so they're in a single layer. Dob on about 4 or 5 teaspoons of butter or margarine. Cook at 300. As the butter melts, stir the seeds and sprinkle salt on them so all are greased up and salted. Bake until a light golden brown which is usually about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you watch them like a hawk because they will burn easily! Move them around now and then with a spatula so they don't stick and burn. When they're done baking, remove them from the baking dish and put them into another dish to cool. Keep in an airtight container or a zippy bag for up to a week.

I have also roasted squash seeds and cantaloupe seeds this same way. They have pretty much the same taste.

we have good taste you and I, exactly how I do mine and omg aren't they so tasty, salty and cripsy!
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Tis the season for pumpkin seeds.
Odie

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Odie »

qsducks;984112 wrote: Tis the season for pumpkin seeds.

yes it is, another month!:D
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

I love October. Fave month out of the fall. The leaves turning and my babe is born in that month. It is so fun.
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

I don't have this on hand, but will have to turn in a fab recipe for clam chowder.
Odie

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Odie »

qsducks;984117 wrote: I love October. Fave month out of the fall. The leaves turning and my babe is born in that month. It is so fun.

we agree again!:wah:

How old will your babe be?
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Odie;984193 wrote: we agree again!:wah:

How old will your babe be?

13! Where did it go? Not the one in the avatar
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

PEPPERONI PUFFS

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup baking powder

1 cup milk

1 egg, beaten

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 1/2 cups pepperoni, diced

Combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg and cheese; mix well. Stir in pepperoni. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon onto greased mini muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until golden. Makes about 2 dozen.
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

HOT PEPPERONI DIP

2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

2 cups mayonnaise

4 oz can diced green chilies, drained

1 red onion, chopped

2-3 jalapeno peppers, diced

10-20 pepperoni slices

Baguette slices, assorted crackers

Combine cheeses, mayonnaise, chilies, onion and peppers; place in a ungreased 13"x9" baking pan. Layer pepperoni on top; bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with crackers and baguette slices. Serves 10.
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

MEATLOAF

1 lb ground beef

1 10-oz can Cream of Mushroom soup

1 egg

1 6-oz pkg Stove Top Chicken Stuffing

Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350. Combine all ingrediants together and mix thoroughly. Place in glass dish and put in oven for 1 hour.
Odie

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1000099 wrote: MEATLOAF

1 lb ground beef

1 10-oz can Cream of Mushroom soup

1 egg

1 6-oz pkg Stove Top Chicken Stuffing

Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350. Combine all ingrediants together and mix thoroughly. Place in glass dish and put in oven for 1 hour.

I like this one.............so easy!
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1001644 wrote: I like this one.............so easy!

I made it up in my head. And the kicker is the kids loved it. Of course, they had no idea what the secret ingrediant was.:wah::sneaky:
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Bumbing up thread for Babe
Babe

Your favorite recipes...

Post by Babe »

qsducks;1066116 wrote: Bumbing up thread for Babe

Thank you! ;)
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

Well hello Babe!...

:yh_giggles...WHAT?...:rolleyes:...

Her name is Babe! :rolleyes:...

WHAT?...

:sneaky:...:yh_giggles...:yh_giggles...

:yh_kiss...

:wah:...:yh_kiss...:yh_wink...

Hehe...

Oh, hello Babe!!!!!!!...:thinking:...Up..now don't start that again!

Hehe...:yh_giggles...

Hehe...:yh_kiss...
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;1066859 wrote: Well hello Babe!...

:yh_giggles...WHAT?...:rolleyes:...

Her name is Babe! :rolleyes:...

WHAT?...

:sneaky:...:yh_giggles...:yh_giggles...

:yh_kiss...

:wah:...:yh_kiss...:yh_wink...

Hehe...

Oh, hello Babe!!!!!!!...:thinking:...Up..now don't start that again!

Hehe...:yh_giggles...

Hehe...:yh_kiss...

Hey Kev...Babe is Mustang's OH but gets here at night and on weekend mornings. Haven't seen you in a bit. How's it going?
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;1066860 wrote: Hey Kev...Babe is Mustang's OH but gets here at night and on weekend mornings. Haven't seen you in a bit. How's it going?

Hi qsducks, sweety, it's been a long time...It's going as great as it possibly can given the circumstances. How's it going with you?...

What is an "OH" sorry you'll forgive me I'm not up to date on computer abbreviations...
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;1066871 wrote: Hi qsducks, sweety, it's been a long time...

What is an "OH" sorry you'll forgive me I'm not up to date on computer abbreviations...

His wife. She is so charming and nice. Where have you been? Hey, how is your work going? Is it slowing down?
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;1066872 wrote: His wife. She is so charming and nice. Where have you been? Hey, how is your work going? Is it slowing down?

Oh. Well, I have been working sort of off and on...

We've just finished a room addition and will be starting to build the deck leading off of it that will eventually circumference an above ground pool...
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

Just wondering since your into construction too. Hubs is a contractor also but plumbing & heating & HVAC. It is slowing down but they are calling for a freezing winter which is great for us.

The last few winters have been mild and with this recession going on, etc. a cold winter is just what the doctor ordered. Plus we've got a major tuition bill coming due next May. My younger daughter has made up her mind about which high school to attend.:)
K.Snyder

Your favorite recipes...

Post by K.Snyder »

qsducks;1066875 wrote: Just wondering since your into construction too. Hubs is a contractor also but plumbing & heating & HVAC. It is slowing down but they are calling for a freezing winter which is great for us.

The last few winters have been mild and with this recession going on, etc. a cold winter is just what the doctor ordered. Plus we've got a major tuition bill coming due next May. My younger daughter has made up her mind about which high school to attend.:)

Oh, well, fantastic!

Do you run ads or do you mainly trust in hear say?...

I ask because people tend to need more window work done before heading into winter as well.
qsducks

Your favorite recipes...

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;1066878 wrote: Oh, well, fantastic!

Do you run ads or do you mainly trust in hear say?...

I ask because people tend to need more window work done before heading into winter as well.

Yes, we run ads in the phone book, but mostly it's WOM (word of mouth). I figure people will always need plumbing work and if it's gonna be this cold this winter, people's pipes will freeze, etc. What a mess that is. Mine are insulated:wah: Hubs is working 7 days a week so far..still a tight Christmas, but they are getting another pc and we have a birthday in the house tomorrow. My baby is turning 19:D

Return to “The Kitchen”