Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Jazzy

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by Jazzy »

How to make a tasty omelet without any flipping or turning!

Ingredients

- 2 eggs

- Your choice of add-ins (ham, bacon, onions, peppers, cheese, hash browns, etc.)

Set a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into the bag, and shake to combine them. Put in your ingredients and shake gently to combine.

Before placing the bage in the boiling water, make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared to be amazed.

Attached files
hoppy

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by hoppy »

Hey, thanks for this tip. I'm a messy cook but this sounds messless. :D
Odie

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1259397 wrote: Hey, thanks for this tip. I'm a messy cook but this sounds messless. :D

'Do not add oatmeal'
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by hoppy »

Aww, gee whiz.:(
Bruv

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by Bruv »

Thats a boiled egg that is.............Here's an omelet.

Put a well seasoned heavy cast iron pan on full gas or electric heat, with a smear of vegetable oil.

Crack three eggs into a shallow bowl with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork until froth appears.

Add a nob of butter to the smoking pan, immediately followed by the eggs.

Stir with fork, shaking the pan as you do, until the egg begins to solidify, put any filling into the centre of the egg, take off heat, tap pan until omelet slides toward back of pan, fold both edges into centre. Form shape with fork, lift plate to pan then tumble omelet onto plate so golden cooked side is uppermost.

Shape with fingers.

Serve.......three minutes

Only mess, the dish you mix in and the plate you eat it on.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Jazzy

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by Jazzy »

All I can say it that I have tried this method and it works.The omelet didn't taste like a boiled egg to me. :( The best part was that I had guests for breakfast and each person wanted different ingredients in their omelets. They all had fun making their own omelet and everyone was a happy and full camper when done eating. :)
Bruv

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by Bruv »

Don't mind me I am just a little pernickety about some things.

An omelet should be golden brown outside and slightly under cooked inside. I am not saying your egg dish wasn't nice or nutritional or knocking it in any way, just that that's not a traditional omelet.

Don't mention microwaved scrambled egg.....or else I might have a breakdown.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AussiePam

Ziploc Baggie Omelet!

Post by AussiePam »

I'm with Bruv on this, though not knocking a variant egg dish that is probably very nice.

I am a big fan of the souffle omelette - where you separate the eggs, whisk the whites till they're stiff, quickly fold in the seasoned yolks then cook in sizzling butter in a heavy pan - flipping once. Both sides should be brown and crisp - the inside soft and fluffy.... SWOOOON

I shall make one this weekend.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “The Kitchen”