Grocery Shopping

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Lon

Grocery Shopping

Post by Lon »

I do most all the grocery shopping and like every one else I have my favorite markets. Two weeks ago a friend told me about a particular store that had incredibly low prices for groceries. I was thinking it was one of these places where the saving comes if you buy in bulk, not so with this place. EXAMPLE---My previous Major Name Grocery Store charges $3.99 to $4.49 for a dozen Grade AA eggs. My NEW STORE-------$1.89 for a dozen Grade AA JUMBO eggs. Milk with old store is $3.19 Gallon--new store $1.90. Sharp Cheddar Cheese 32 oz. old store $7.49----new store $2.85.

Now that is significant savings and so it goes with the rest of their products.

They buy overstocked product from major distributors for pennies on the dollar. Folks like Dole, Hunt etc.

Grocery Outlet - Home
Jazzy

Grocery Shopping

Post by Jazzy »

Locations in case anyone is interested in this:

Most of our stores are in Northern California, Washington State and Oregon. We have a few stores in Idaho, Nevada and Arizona.
Oscar Namechange

Grocery Shopping

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lon;1286949 wrote: I do most all the grocery shopping and like every one else I have my favorite markets. Two weeks ago a friend told me about a particular store that had incredibly low prices for groceries. I was thinking it was one of these places where the saving comes if you buy in bulk, not so with this place. EXAMPLE---My previous Major Name Grocery Store charges $399 to $4.49 for a dozen Grade AA eggs. My NEW STORE-------$1.89 for a dozen Grade AA JUMBO eggs. Milk with old store is $3.19 Gallon--new store $1.90. Sharp Cheddar Cheese 32 oz. old store $7.49----new store $2.85.

They buy overstocked product from major distributors for pennies on the dollar. Folks like Dole, Hunt etc.

Grocery Outlet - Home Wow, that Is some serious savings there.

Is there any difference in quality of the food.?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Grocery Shopping

Post by chonsigirl »

Only with the $399 dollar error in that lost decimal point..................:wah:

I can't help it, it's the teacher in me that saw it!

Good savings, Lon.
Lon

Grocery Shopping

Post by Lon »

oscar;1286960 wrote: Wow, that Is some serious savings there.

Is there any difference in quality of the food.?

No difference at all----I thought at first the items might be old and out of date, but not so. I am not on a budget, but I sure hope the un-employed and financially strapped folks learn of these stores.
Lon

Grocery Shopping

Post by Lon »

chonsigirl;1286961 wrote: Only with the $399 dollar error in that lost decimal point..................:wah:

I can't help it, it's the teacher in me that saw it!

Good savings, Lon.

Thanks----------I edited it
Peg

Grocery Shopping

Post by Peg »

Lon;1286949 wrote: I do most all the grocery shopping and like every one else I have my favorite markets. Two weeks ago a friend told me about a particular store that had incredibly low prices for groceries. I was thinking it was one of these places where the saving comes if you buy in bulk, not so with this place. EXAMPLE---My previous Major Name Grocery Store charges $3.99 to $4.49 for a dozen Grade AA eggs. My NEW STORE-------$1.89 for a dozen Grade AA JUMBO eggs. Milk with old store is $3.19 Gallon--new store $1.90. Sharp Cheddar Cheese 32 oz. old store $7.49----new store $2.85.

Grocery Outlet - Home

If I had to pay $3.99 for a dozen eggs, I'd have a stroke!
southern yankee

Grocery Shopping

Post by southern yankee »

Lon;1286949 wrote: I do most all the grocery shopping and like every one else I have my favorite markets. Two weeks ago a friend told me about a particular store that had incredibly low prices for groceries. I was thinking it was one of these places where the saving comes if you buy in bulk, not so with this place. EXAMPLE---My previous Major Name Grocery Store charges $3.99 to $4.49 for a dozen Grade AA eggs. My NEW STORE-------$1.89 for a dozen Grade AA JUMBO eggs. Milk with old store is $3.19 Gallon--new store $1.90. Sharp Cheddar Cheese 32 oz. old store $7.49----new store $2.85.

Grocery Outlet - Home you know i use to run from store to store to save $$ and buy the items on sale. But all that RUNNIN. i just burnt up my money in gas:mad:. Walmart and Sams is the cheapest here. just do not like their meat.:(
Kathy Ellen

Grocery Shopping

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This place sounds good but unfortunately we don't have them in Noo Joisey:(
Nomad

Grocery Shopping

Post by Nomad »

$4.49 for a dozen eggs...that is outrageous. For that price the chickens should be organic, free range and wear little chicken pope outfits.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Kitchen”