Bonnie Lonnie and Oscars good food guide...

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What are you having for dinner Bonnie Lonnie?

Mondays Is always a special night food wise for the Oscars as It Is one night I am home all evening and I can cook.

I have two uber sized Rib Eye Steaks, some Couscous that I shall flavour and I have made fresh Tomatoe Salsa with extra Chilli, Red Onion and fresh Corriander.

Tomorrow I have to get to the sea-food stall early as I am going to Indulge In a Seafood Paella with uber amounts of clams, Muscles, Lobster tails, Scallops and crab.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Took me awhile to figure out who "Bonnie Lonnie" is............. :wah:

Lon does have some great menu ideas. Me.....I'm having leftover pot roast, potatoes, green beans, corn and cole slaw. Nothing fancy. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lon

Post by Lon »

oscar;1326560 wrote: What are you having for dinner Bonnie Lonnie?

Mondays Is always a special night food wise for the Oscars as It Is one night I am home all evening and I can cook.

I have two uber sized Rib Eye Steaks, some Couscous that I shall flavour and I have made fresh Tomatoe Salsa with extra Chilli, Red Onion and fresh Corriander.

Tomorrow I have to get to the sea-food stall early as I am going to Indulge In a Seafood Paella with uber amounts of clams, Muscles, Lobster tails, Scallops and crab.

Tonight I will prepare LIME-GRILLED MAHI MAHI STEAKS (Fish) with some white rice seasoned with ginger & butter and a huge salad of mixed greens, tomato, zucchini, green peppers, red onion, celery/ oil & balsamic vinegar ------- Some white wine----Chablis

Recipe - Lime-Grilled Mahi Mahi Steaks
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yumm...!! I will probably have Oatmeal. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Lon;1326586 wrote: Tonight I will prepare LIME-GRILLED MAHI MAHI STEAKS (Fish) with some white rice seasoned with ginger & butter and a huge salad of mixed greens, tomato, zucchini, green peppers, red onion, celery/ oil & balsamic vinegar ------- Some white wine----Chablis

Recipe - Lime-Grilled Mahi Mahi Steaks Thank You for posting the link as this sauce Is some-thing I must try ASAP. I love limes In cooking as I find them so re-freshing especially with meat or fish.

I thought this thread would be a good Idea for you to give us some Idea's for meals as you love food as I do.

My Rib Eye tonight was to die for...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1326582 wrote:

...I'm having leftover pot roast, potatoes, green beans, corn and cole slaw. Nothing fancy. ;)

now you tell me!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:):-6

Okay, the table has been set for all of us at Forum Garden. Bonnie Lonnie and oscar hopefully will be serving us some more great food. I'm hungry, aren't you?

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1326710 wrote: :):-6

Okay, the table has been set for all of us at Forum Garden. Bonnie Lonnie and oscar hopefully will be serving us some more great food. I'm hungry, aren't you?

I had to defer my paella tonight as I could not get Lobster tails so will try tomorrow.

Tonight I soaked cous cous In Lemon Grass and grilled some Pork loin steaks. Fried up some mushrooms with garlic but It was my dessert that was scrummylicious.

I made a fresh Pana Cota and some toffee sauce out of just brown sugar and water.

Ingredients

1/3 cup skim milk 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin 2 1/2 cups heavy cream 1/2 cup white sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.

In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into six individual ramekin dishes.

Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Ah yes----Tonight-----one of my favorites---------Chicken Enchiladas-----tossed green salad with tomato and cucumber----beer----lots of hot sauce on the side

Chicken Enchiladas II Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Oscar Namechange

Lon;1326745 wrote: Ah yes----Tonight-----one of my favorites---------Chicken Enchiladas-----tossed green salad with tomato and cucumber----beer----lots of hot sauce on the side

Chicken Enchiladas II Recipe - Allrecipes.com I love Enchiladas Lonnie... Thanks for the recipee...
Oscar Namechange

Tonight I have just been to Morrisons because they sell the meatiest Scallops and Mussels I can find.

Tonight I am making a mixed concoction of Paella.

Usual recipee for Paella but with Chiritzo, Scallops, Mussels In the shell, chicken breast, White Cod Pieces, Crab meat, squid, prawns, garnished with Tiger Prawns, Fresh Basil and a crusty bread....

Orgasmic....
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Scallops and mussels are indeed orgasmic
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329508 wrote: Scallops and mussels are indeed orgasmic Absolutely but have you seen the price of the buggers lately???

I got 8 huge meaty scallops with the roe.... £6.15 !!!
Oscar Namechange

Surf N Turf tonight folks... It was scrumlicious.

Surf and Turf recipe - Best Recipes

Served with home-made Salsa and Jacket Potatoe's

Return to “The Kitchen”